Young Justice Discussion Thread

Wheeljack35

It won't make a difference if this show is good or bad, it will be cancelled prematurely.

It may be premature from a fan's point of view, but in terms of business, it's a lot more profitable to rerun a cancelled series than it is to continue producing new episodes of a new cartoon. Warner Bros. seems to like producing enough episodes of a series to put together a syndication package... usually two or three seasons... and then go onto something else.

• Like 1

It won't make a difference if this show is good or bad, it will be cancelled prematurely.

It may be premature from a fan's point of view, but in terms of business, it's a lot more profitable to rerun a cancelled series than it is to continue producing new episodes of a new cartoon. Warner Bros. seems to like producing enough episodes of a series to put together a syndication package... usually two or three seasons... and then go onto something else.

umm....ok, wasn't really talking about the technical/financial details

In terms of what the fans like or demand cartoon network is never a safe haven. JLU was hands down their best show and they kept moving it and moving it. The series was so good and if they left the time slot alone it had enough momentum to of lasted at the very least 2 more seasons. The biggest atrocity has to be MOTU, the series didn't even have a chance to finish what would of been one of the greatest story arc's in cartoon history. If they can bring back Family Guy (why I never know) why didn't fans stand up for MOTU or JLU.

• Like 3

Well, you stated that a show on CN will be cancelled "prematurely." The reason for this is due to those "technical/financial details."

If they can bring back Family Guy (why I never know) why didn't fans stand up for MOTU or JLU.

Family Guy was resurrected due to its incredible dvd sales.

Well, you stated that a show on CN will be cancelled "prematurely." The reason for this is due to those "technical/financial details."

If they can bring back Family Guy (why I never know) why didn't fans stand up for MOTU or JLU.

Family Guy was resurrected due to its incredible dvd sales.

Gave me a negative there pal...anyway

The point was that cartoon network has cancelled cartoons prematurely and that technical/financial reason if what YOU believe. If you can show me where its been stated then please do because I was under the impression that CN ordered the shows and WB went with it. That is how Bruce Timm described it. Also for FG, I never heard about the DVD sales thing but I do know that fans fought and petitioned for it to be placed back to TV.

• Like 2

It was the DVD sales that bought it back I know nothing about petitions plus that's Fox not CN that bought back Family Guy CN would of let it die

In the article I read about Family Guy returning, many fans contacted Fox to demand it be bought back on the air. If DVD sales were also involved then fine......who cares??

I was contrasting how fans were able to bring about enough interest to have the show bought back, same deal with Futurama however fans of JLU and MOTU didn't have a voice to repeal the cancellation.

• Like 1

Its not that the show does not/did not have fan support for the toys & the show its the simple fact that motu was canceled cause those who ran the line were morons

Watched this last night and I really enjoyed it. Did find it a bit strange to throw in Speedy only if to allow him to throw a tantrum and sulk off into the night. The other characters were portrayed well (at least for me) and I like how they didn't just magically become a good team-up from the start. Each of them continued to use their mentor's style of combat and training. Without the veterans around to give them quick and decisive orders they weren't as well-oiled and of perfect timing.

The worst part for me? Finding out I have to wait till January to see more.

Watched this last night and I really enjoyed it. Did find it a bit strange to throw in Speedy only if to allow him to throw a tantrum and sulk off into the night. The other characters were portrayed well (at least for me) and I like how they didn't just magically become a good team-up from the start. Each of them continued to use their mentor's style of combat and training. Without the veterans around to give them quick and decisive orders they weren't as well-oiled and of perfect timing.

The worst part for me? Finding out I have to wait till January to see more.

January will be here in a flash don't worry about it @loll@ I Thought it was strange about speedy as well I kept expecting him to be back in the end & pop into save the day! Hell I even expected him to be back at the very end but nope ... @loll@

They put that infant Speedy into this? Who is the blue guy?

Yeah I'm with you Wheel I wounder who the blue ice kids is. I am also shock to see Speedy. I may get Kid Flash and Aqualad. Maybe Speedy weird that they didn't show Robin.

Yeah I'm with you Wheel I wounder who the blue ice kids is. I am also shock to see Speedy. I may get Kid Flash and Aqualad. Maybe Speedy weird that they didn't show Robin.

I believe the blue guy is Icicle. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Cameron_Mahkent_(New_Earth)

I think Speedy may become Arsenal.

I believe the blue guy is Icicle. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Cameron_Mahkent_(New_Earth)

Or assenhole :P

• 1 month later...

Or assenhole :P

So true lol. I heard that there will be a female arrow and a character called Artemis

Finally caught up on all the episodes.

I like the portrayals of all the bad guys so far. Even Sportsmaster (!) appeared skilled and menacing! I thought Bane and Amazo were cool and I never liked them before. Was there a Mr. Twister in the comics?

I'm a bit mixed on the main characters. I like Aqualad and Martian Girl best. Robin and Kid Flash are okay. I'm a bit "meh" on Superboy, but he seems to have potential to learn and grow as a character. I don't like Speedy as he's too angsty and rebellious for the sake of the plot for my tastes.

The mentor heroes are okay, but Superman acts like too much of a punk towards Superboy, in my opinion.

I hope they shed more light on these "Light" masterminds in the near future, because fighting against a shadowy menace whose motivation you don't get to know will get old pretty fast.

PharmV

Ok, so I have been following this show faithfully and this is what I have to say: It's, HANDS DOWN, the best superhero cartoon I have ever watched! The animation is simply great, so beautifully drawn! I love the way they portrait the Justice League heroes and find that these are THE SINGLE best representation of Batman, Superman and the rest of the Justice League on TV, EVER! I'm also really liking the plot so far. The enemies look great and I can tell #$## is going to hit the fan soon enough (much like what happened on JLU when the whole CADMUS arc began). I look forward to the new episodes as much as I do to the "big hitter" tv shows like Dexter and Lost.