So now that we have seen renegades

revsears

whelp... I saw firefly today. What a different take , and one i really don't care for. BBQ on the other hand, i want a figure of. Give him some removable body armor, maybe a leather firemen's jacket and a cool helmed alternate head and were golden.

The old 80's cartoon was mostly a bunch of 30-min 'pew-pew' laser gun battles with a horribly contrived world domination plot that conveniently thwarted in the short time frame. Occasionally we would get multi-parters. Everything seems better with rose-colored nostalgia glasses. But, obviously, not everyone will like the show.
Exactly.

The old 80's cartoon was mostly a bunch of 30-min 'pew-pew' laser gun battles with a horribly contrived world domination plot that conveniently thwarted in the short time frame. Occasionally we would get multi-parters. Everything seems better with rose-colored nostalgia glasses. But, obviously, not everyone will like the show.
Exactly.

Gotta agree with the rose colored glasses thing. I feel the same way about DCs Super Friends. Lots of people seem to think it's the be all/end all for DC characterization. Really, it's not THAT good.

Personally, I love the old Joe cartoon but I won't put it on a pedistal and try to tell everyone it's the best thing ever. I know it go kinda hoakey at times.

Just watched the last two episodes of Renegades. Doing some cating up. Some thoughts on the characters:

"Serpentor"-is a giant pet snake MORE or LESS realistic than bad guy cloned from DNA of dead world despots? Hmmmm....

Firefly-kinda like him. He seems a bit on the psycho/unstable side. Which would kinda fit if you think about it.

BBQ- he's OK, would like to see him in some kind of cool fireman get up.

Dr. Mindbender-still can't stand him.

Destro-pretty cool.

I actually saw an episode I liked today but was shocked at what they allowed in it as a kids show return of the Arashikage part 2 I can't believe they showed Snake eyes being sliced across the neck by a ninja star. I think I underestimated this show. it's still no Resolute but damn that episode was good I need to watch part 1

So I need to play catch up with this series how many episodes are actually out now ? Rev did you give prime a chance ?..I thought its had good action so far decent if not ok stories .... Its a cartoon so its not going to be all adult like but I find the humor & sillyness of it all to be what makes it worth watching I get a kick out of all the characters :D

I actually saw an episode I liked today but was shocked at what they allowed in it as a kids show return of the Arashikage part 2 I can't believe they showed Snake eyes being sliced across the neck by a ninja star. I think I underestimated this show. it's still no Resolute but damn that episode was good I need to watch part 1

But they don't really show it. Snake Eyes has his back to the camera,so it's pretty much up to your imagination what happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Last two weeks have both showcased two really great new episodes. I liked the twins and bringing back Zartan and giving him his classic look and abilities was a neat little twist.

And Wild Bill! Who kept his very distinctive look. Still good stuff coming out.

But they don't really show it. Snake Eyes has his back to the camera,so it's pretty much up to your imagination what happened.

thought I saw some blood drip out but it could have been the the lighting on another note I really don't like the Phantom of the opera mask on Cobra Commander the WW2 trench coat looks cool though

this new Zartan episode was probably the best episode so far. It had action, it had characters resembling their actual uh.... characteristics... it was pretty good

So I need to play catch up with this series how many episodes are actually out now ? Rev did you give prime a chance ?..I thought its had good action so far decent if not ok stories .... Its a cartoon so its not going to be all adult like but I find the humor & sillyness of it all to be what makes it worth watching I get a kick out of all the characters :D

a very breif chance. The bland and barren cgi landscape made it feel very stale, I also wasn't likeing ratchet's racist against human angle. The designs are mostly fail and the story couldn't catch me. It fails like a fail all the way around.

thought I saw some blood drip out but it could have been the the lighting on another note I really don't like the Phantom of the opera mask on Cobra Commander the WW2 trench coat looks cool though

The "phantom of the opera" mask is growing on me for some reason, and the full mask looks pretty cool from the toy fair pics.

The only thing I don't like about Renegades so far is too many characters are getting scarred up to match the cartoon or movie personas:

- Cobra Commander seems to be hideously scarred (like in movie)

- Snake Eyes seems to be hideously scarred also (like in comic book), but incident is independent of him losing his speech

- Major Blood lost an eye (like comic book)

- Destro gets mask drilled into his head and is seemingly unremovable (like in movie, well kinda)

- Scrap Iron gets faced messed up (like in comic)

- Zartan gets blackened eyes (like in comic), but I admit that was interesting way to get to his iconic look @firedevil@

PharmV

From GeneralsJoes.com:

“…we’re very pleased with the performance of G.I. JOE RENEGADES on The Hub. The series will go on hiatus at the end of season one while the second installment of the G.I. Joe movie franchise is being produced so Hasbro and Hasbro Studios can ensure the creative and storyline continuity that fans of the films and the series expect. We’ll have original episodes into the summer and we envision resuming new animation following the movie.”

Go to GeneralsJoes.com - A G.I. Joe News Site and Blog for the full story.

EM

• 3 weeks later...

The "phantom of the opera" mask is growing on me for some reason, and the full mask looks pretty cool from the toy fair pics.

The only thing I don't like about Renegades so far is too many characters are getting scarred up to match the cartoon or movie personas:

- Cobra Commander seems to be hideously scarred (like in movie)

- Snake Eyes seems to be hideously scarred also (like in comic book), but incident is independent of him losing his speech

- Major Blood lost an eye (like comic book)

- Destro gets mask drilled into his head and is seemingly unremovable (like in movie, well kinda)

- Scrap Iron gets faced messed up (like in comic)

- Zartan gets blackened eyes (like in comic), but I admit that was interesting way to get to his iconic look @firedevil@

PharmV

I'm not entirely sure about SE. Tomax and Xamot removed his visor and didn't seemed to be bothered by what was underneath. So,I'm under the impression that part of his face isn't scarred like in the comic.