So now that we have seen renegades

revsears

Yes but those characters don't stray too far away from their origional look.Take a look at Duke now to the origional animation.

But take a look at DIC Duke to Original design! Joe changed even back then.

Granted i see your point, and agree with to an extent. I don't like many of the designs on this show. However the Story has been tons better than Sigma six and i've gotten hooked. I hated sigma, and ROC but this gets me. I can see it has some unjoe qualities at the moment, but with flashbacks etc. it still has a very millitary feel, more so than Sigma Six had (always felt like super heroes to me.)

Well the DIC version wasn't that much different compared to the new Renegades toon

here is some info for you guys on the show and for me it shows how bad they ripped of the Ateam

Plot

A group of young G.I.s are forced to become fugitives after a spy mission goes horribly wrong. Now branded as renegades by the media for crimes they didn't commit, they're forced to fight. Pursued by the authorities, Cobra mercenaries, and the Falcons, they must use all their skills to prove their innocence and to expose the true face of Cobra Industries and its mysterious leader Adam DeCobray.

The problem with your claim is that the A-team were mercenaries for hire, who's focus was on helping others more than clearing their names.

The Joes are on the run and focused more on clearing their names and exposing COBRA--which is quite difference.

They both START with the basic idea of being framed for crimes they did not commit but after that they go off in different directions. There's dozens of other TV shows, from the Fugitive to the Incredible Hulk to Prison Break, that share that basic premise, so its not just a A-team rip-off.

but why did they have to go this way. they have how many yrs of history with the joes now? look at the joes of today vs the 80s or even TF they have become very dull and it seems like its not going anywhere. its 6 joes in a truck. to me thats is not what joe is or was about. they have had cameos of the joes but none have joined them and what they did to break was bad and then the noks from what i have read i dont watch the show after the 3rd ep. it seems to me that they would rather rip off other shows then make a good joe toon.

why i loved the joes of the 80s and TF was it always had new members of the team join up and had them go on missions. this is just the same 6 ppl in a truck runing from the joes and cobra.

but why did they have to go this way. they have how many yrs of history with the joes now? look at the joes of today vs the 80s or even TF they have become very dull and it seems like its not going anywhere. its 6 joes in a truck. to me thats is not what joe is or was about. they have had cameos of the joes but none have joined them and what they did to break was bad and then the noks from what i have read i dont watch the show after the 3rd ep. it seems to me that they would rather rip off other shows then make a good joe toon.

why i loved the joes of the 80s and TF was it always had new members of the team join up and had them go on missions. this is just the same 6 ppl in a truck runing from the joes and cobra.

Well, look at it this way:

I have heard the plan is to treat this series as being several seasons long. Since Hasbro is both the producer and the broadcaster, they can run this thing as long as they see fit.

That CAN mean that each season is a story arc in and of itself, and "Renegades" is just the byline for this arc.

The next season might well have a different byline.

Now........if that's the overall plan.......( and I've heard that the plan is for the series to run about 5 years/seasons) then what do you do with the GIJOE premise that has not been done before?

Simply having it as "us versus them" is dull, quite frankly. Its been done before......several times and its stale. There's nothing to build off of a straight good vs. evil conflict.

So, the premise here is to turn that on its ear........have the good guys framed as bad guys at the outset, and the bad guys seen as good guys.

Doing so gives the stories a chance to explore WHO these characters are, even WHY they are who they are, and a chance to spin some interesting yarns at the same time. There's an impetus now, because the series is starting on the ground floor, to build from here and the " on-the-run" premise provides a dramatic framework for the stories.

Right away, its compelling...........yes, its been done before( but NOT in GIJOE), but I don't think anyone could argue that its not immediately dramatic.

And its likely only for the first season, and next season they could well be doing something that will allow for more characters to be introduced.

Well, to be quite honest, most of the cartoons of the 80's were glorified commercials for the companys' toy lines. So many Joes were brought in and out to fit in with whatever new figures were fresh on the pegs and to allow kids to pick up their favorite Joes on the show. Also, the same reason certain Joes got upgrades and refreshes way more often than others with only a single incarnation.

The old 80's cartoon was mostly a bunch of 30-min 'pew-pew' laser gun battles with a horribly contrived world domination plot that conveniently thwarted in the short time frame. Occasionally we would get multi-parters. Everything seems better with rose-colored nostalgia glasses. But, obviously, not everyone will like the show.

Well, to be quite honest, most of the cartoons of the 80's were glorified commercials for the companys' toy lines. So many Joes were brought in and out to fit in with whatever new figures were fresh on the pegs and to allow kids to pick up their favorite Joes on the show. Also, the same reason certain Joes got upgrades and refreshes way more often than others with only a single incarnation.

The old 80's cartoon was mostly a bunch of 30-min 'pew-pew' laser gun battles with a horribly contrived world domination plot that conveniently thwarted in the short time frame. Occasionally we would get multi-parters. Everything seems better with rose-colored nostalgia glasses. But, obviously, not everyone will like the show.

Everyone holds the comic to a higher standard than the cartoon (and the plot was better), but the comic had many more characters/vehicles/toys that showed up and went away in an issue than the original cartoon. Each season (and mini-series) did feature the figures available at the time, but they didn't really throw in a "new figure" for one episode in the show. The same Joes showed up episode after episode driving the same vehicles for like 60 episodes in season 1. I actually liked that they did change (most) characters from season to season. I had all the toys from season 2 so I enjoyed those episodes instead of watching shows with Breaker, Ace, and Duke who I couldn't get figures of because I was to little at the time (being born in 82). You have know idea what I would have given for a Battle Helmet CC, Storm Shadow, or V2 Snake-Eyes. I saw them in the show and thought they were the greatest, but couldn't get them in stores.

I had Battle Armor He-man as a kid and it always bugged me that he didn't look like He-man in the show. Same idea.

The comic introduced and killed BF2000 in two issues. Changed the entire storyline to focus on sub-sets of the toys like Ninja Force and Star Brigade. I know the show didn't last as long as the comic so it may have gotten worse.

The DIC show falls into the commercial trap a lot with showing of Air Commandos, Ninja Force, DEF, and whatever.

Everyone holds the comic to a higher standard than the cartoon (and the plot was better), but the comic had many more characters/vehicles/toys that showed up and went away in an issue than the original cartoon.

Well, yes, and Larry Hama said in interviews that his hands were tied with restrictions and forced to use certain characters deemed by Hasbro even when he didn't want to - such as Serpentor. GI Joe was always a toy franchise first and any property (be it cartoon, comic, movie, etc) will ultimately reflect that.

And, I didn't mean single Joes were in and out of a single episode, but rather season arcs were centered around the current figure assortments. The original 13 were heavily featured within the first year. Then you moved on to Duke, Gung-Ho, and company. Later it rolled into Flint and Lady Jaye and later into General Hawk and Beachhead.

Everyone holds the comic to a higher standard than the cartoon (and the plot was better), but the comic had many more characters/vehicles/toys that showed up and went away in an issue than the original cartoon. Each season (and mini-series) did feature the figures available at the time, but they didn't really throw in a "new figure" for one episode in the show. The same Joes showed up episode after episode driving the same vehicles for like 60 episodes in season 1. I actually liked that they did change (most) characters from season to season. I had all the toys from season 2 so I enjoyed those episodes instead of watching shows with Breaker, Ace, and Duke who I couldn't get figures of because I was to little at the time (being born in 82). You have know idea what I would have given for a Battle Helmet CC, Storm Shadow, or V2 Snake-Eyes. I saw them in the show and thought they were the greatest, but couldn't get them in stores.

I had Battle Armor He-man as a kid and it always bugged me that he didn't look like He-man in the show. Same idea.

The comic introduced and killed BF2000 in two issues. Changed the entire storyline to focus on sub-sets of the toys like Ninja Force and Star Brigade. I know the show didn't last as long as the comic so it may have gotten worse.

The DIC show falls into the commercial trap a lot with showing of Air Commandos, Ninja Force, DEF, and whatever.

man i feel the same way you do and i think thats why the 80s holds a special place for me. maybe if i grew up in the late 80s i wouldnt care as much as i do. the comic was more of a toy commercial at times. but for the most part the comic was alot better as the plot keept going and stayed with that plot for a bit longer then a 5 part ep lol.

as it was like BF2000 was only in 2 issues as was a few other things if i remember right.

also i liked how they brought new characters in to the show and the best was how they had some characters like spark who works for a news station show up and see him after he left the joes or how steeler ,grunt and clutch stayed in the other world. Tf was the same way and now its just as bad as joe is toon wise. the movies has helped TF while ours really didnt help us out at all. the big thing for me is they ripped off the Ateam the most.

Okay...I think I've finally watched enough of Renegades to form at least an initial impression:

I'm watching it right now, and I just saw Snake-Eyes take out all of the Dreadnoks...at least I think it was the Dreadnoks. (lol) I absolutely love Snake-Eyes, and the show's creators seem to be keeping him true to his basic essence. It never occured to me to have Snake-Eyes take on the Dreadnoks all at once like that, and I loved it. The only thing I don't care for is the Arashikage emblem on both shoulders of Snake-Eyes' uniform, but that's an extremely minor contention with me.

I think maybe I wasn't too keen on the overall simplistic design of the characters and the show in general, but I'm getting used to it. It's really growing on me. And I kinda like the premise; for them to focus on a small band of Joes allows you to get to know the characters better (if you don't know who they are) and maybe actually care about what happens to them.

Also, Renegade's creators seem to take G.I. Joe as a property serious, based on the tone of the show and the characterizations. The plots are somewhat simplistic, but sophisticated enough to appeal to adult sensibilties. I'm also quite impressed with the animation. It's a shade of Resolute, which so far has been my favorite modern iteration of a G.I. Joe cartoon. If I can't have Resolute, then Renegades is an excellent placeholder.

I think I quite like it. I just wish they'd start actually showing Cobra. I've only seen a couple of episodes, and only one of which I've seen all the way through, but from what I see, I like it.

One last thing, and I don't know why this stands out to me, but...I really like Lady Jaye. I like her design, and I like her characterization, along with Flint. The Renegades Lady Jaye reminds me of Jessica Biel, whom I think would make an excellent Lady Jaye in a live-action film.

I recently saw episode three with Major Bludd they basically made him Zartan WTF! this show is just awful I've seen two episodes including #3 absolute garbage after episode 1 I gave it a chance for redemption but #3 was just as bad I'm done with this series and it's just barely started

I recently saw episode three with Major Bludd they basically made him Zartan WTF! this show is just awful I've seen two episodes including #3 absolute garbage after episode 1 I gave it a chance for redemption but #3 was just as bad I'm done with this series and it's just barely started

Zartan and the Dreadnaughts were on a few weeks back

I actually like this show

Serpentor is a giant pet snake?! Oookay.

LOL Yeah I was thinking the same

Poor Serpentor. They seem to always solve the Serpentor or Cobra Commander debate by turning the other one into a snake. lol

could you please explain how the turned major bludd into zartan? Not seeing that at all.

i just saw the new ep and my god can this show get any worse. this show sucks and seem to me its just getting worse. now i haven't seen any of the others pass eps just the first 3eps so i dont know if this is the worse one but from the sound of it it is just another one to add to the list.

is it that hard to make a joe toon thats good. i know we need to get kids involved but come on why the hell all the changes to joe. Serpentor as a snake is just the top of it. i know TF got picked up for a 2nd season already but no word on joe. i hope they can this cuse it is making joe in to a joke for me.

i am ashamed to have this just like roc have the joe name on it. enough with the reboots already we have over 25yrs of joe history to use. im done with this show i cant stand it i thought it might get better but this ep has killed all hope for me to even watch this show. this is why joe ant get any respect compare to TF & SW.

i just saw the new ep and my god can this show get any worse. this show sucks and seem to me its just getting worse.

I'd say this was the worst episode so far. It had a few thing I didn't like myself:

1. Although the big snake pet being called "Serpentor" had a little morsal of humor to it, if they actually intend for that to be Serpentor, then there is a new leader for worst characterization of a character.
  2. I think I heard them say that Destro was latin for destroyer or something like that. I looked up the latin, and that's not true. Interestingly, Destro means the opposite of Sinestro. Destro means right, or right-hand and comes from latin for Dexterity and generally has a good conotation. The opposite word Sinestro means left and has a negative connotation. Anyway, a ding for not doing a quick google search on that and just making up something that was wrong.
  3. The bio-vipers showed up again.

The good news is that FIREFLY is next week!

& Overall, Renegades is still awesome too. ##1#

Interestingly, Destro means the opposite of Sinestro. Destro means right, or right-hand and comes from latin for Dexterity and generally has a good conotation. The opposite word Sinestro means left and has a negative connotation. Anyway, a ding for not doing a quick google search on that and just making up something that was wrong.

Not sure if that is 100& correct, but it sounds close to:

Ad Dexter means from the right, or good--and Ad Sinister means from the left, or evil.

I picked that up years ago when I did some squadron crest artwork for my old air cadet squadron.

Ad Dexter means from the right, or good--and Ad Sinister means from the left, or evil.

I picked that up years ago when I did some squadron crest artwork for my old air cadet squadron.

Here ya go...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/destro

Here ya go...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/destro

That jibes close enough for me! Thanks!

i just saw the new ep and my god can this show get any worse. this show sucks and seem to me its just getting worse.

I'd say this was the worst episode so far. It had a few thing I didn't like myself:

1. Although the big snake pet being called "Serpentor" had a little morsal of humor to it, if they actually intend for that to be Serpentor, then there is a new leader for worst characterization of a character.
  2. I think I heard them say that Destro was latin for destroyer or something like that. I looked up the latin, and that's not true. Interestingly, Destro means the opposite of Sinestro. Destro means right, or right-hand and comes from latin for Dexterity and generally has a good conotation. The opposite word Sinestro means left and has a negative connotation. Anyway, a ding for not doing a quick google search on that and just making up something that was wrong.
  3. The bio-vipers showed up again.

The good news is that FIREFLY is next week!

& Overall, Renegades is still awesome too. ##1#

lol ok even more reason why to hate it lmao. i hate the bio vipers.give us some blue shirts already or vipers my god enough with the jelly monsters that now cant die.

Well does anybody think there will be a toyline for this toon?

Renegades figures will be worked into the POC line. There will be NO standalone Renegades toy-line.

yup thats what they said and they said they wont look like clone wars toys so that is a good thing.