thunderbolts #150

synch

I figured it must be tied into some random thor story :S My mouth dropped though when those doors closed I tell ya @loll@ just the shock factor was not expecting them to kill off some poor lone frog @loll@ I also got the sense that it some how seemed like a rather fitting end for which ever character (bad guy?) this was ....

I thought it might have been a literary reference to something that wasn't even comics related, but I can't think of what.

Overall, I'm not a fan of the latest incarnation of the T-Bolts.

Juggernaut has made a lot of character progress in the X-Men and New Excalibur books in the past few years and they seemed to have chucked all that so for me he's acting out of character.

Man-Thing being reduced to the team's version of the Quinjet is atrocious to me. Having read his original horror stories in the 70s and then seeing him like this. Its like if they brought Wolverine onto the team just to be the cook and butter everyones bread.

The original team members have been reduced to the barest supporting cast. Songbird. Abner. Fixer. Even Moonstone has became a pale comparison of the manipulative witch she's capable of being.

I hate what they've done to USAgent. And Luke Cage seems to have turned into a whiny #@$#@. This is not the cool cat from the 70s or even Bendis reimagining as the confident modern black man of the 21st century. This guy is just a mopey dick with a short fuse.

About the only character I enjoy is the Ghost.

They had jugs go bad again during his excalibur run as I recall he was loosing his powers so he had to turn bad again or some such. Yeah Ghost is quite the cool character @loll@ Everyone else is lack luster... USA took some damage during one of the recent avengers run fighting some old inhuman king that was trapped on earth

USAgent got hacked up during Seige. I'm pretty sure it was Mr.X from Osborn's T-bolts that did it. I just think that character had a lot of potential despite everyone using him as the one-dimensional rightwing GuyGardner-type a-hole. Maiming c-listers for 'shock' value isn't very shocking anymore.

I thought it was Nuke/Scourge I think I read that somewhere, but you're right maiming characters just to "shock" readers it's getting old. I mean I'm not a fan of U.S. Agent but he served a purpose as an different kind of Captain America and in my eyes making Steve Rogers even better; doing this to the character is just wrong.

Maiming c-listers for 'shock' value isn't very shocking anymore.

YEah, they can cut that stuff out anytime now. USAgent, Red Arrow, Bishop....all loose limbs during "big" events. It's not original or shocking, and it's cheep because it's something they would NEVER do to A listers.

Spiderman ....

Eye ripped out ... reborn... MJ... sold her sold to the devil .... ... Some what killed off captain america ..... Killed off thor sort of for a while as well .... uhmm hm.... The great thing about comics is they can always some how undo all the crap they do @loll@ I will say I did highly enjoy that team with USA on it & enjoyed him as well. He was much more fun in that role than he is now ... & FFS why is he in a wheelchair ?... They can give misty night a robot arm can't they do the same type of thing for him ?.. @bH@ @loll@ They should rebuild him , make him stronger ,faster , better than the average man.... or how ever that goes ... @loll@

Well, after what they did, and then UNDID, to War Machine, I feel that any 'shock' maiming just goes right out the window.

In the first issue of his shortlived series a couple years ago, they showed that Jim Rhodes had been horribly maimed and disfigured. I mean lower jaw missing, no arms or legs. Just wrecked. Then at the end when the series ended due to low sales...BOOP! Here's a cloned body for you! Everythings back to normal!

WTF? In that case, Hellion and Karma over in X-Men have nothing to worry about. USAgent has nothing to worry about. In the Marvel U we can CLONE BODIES like we go thru the drive-in at McDs!!! Gimme a break.

You're right, it may have been Scourge/Nuke.

• Like 1

Well, after what they did, and then UNDID, to War Machine, I feel that any 'shock' maiming just goes right out the window.

In the first issue of his shortlived series a couple years ago, they showed that Jim Rhodes had been horribly maimed and disfigured. I mean lower jaw missing, no arms or legs. Just wrecked. Then at the end when the series ended due to low sales...BOOP! Here's a cloned body for you! Everythings back to normal!

WTF? In that case, Hellion and Karma over in X-Men have nothing to worry about. USAgent has nothing to worry about. In the Marvel U we can CLONE BODIES like we go thru the drive-in at McDs!!! Gimme a break.

You're right, it may have been Scourge/Nuke.

I forgot about War Machine that was awful, seriously what's wrong with marvel?