should I buy the individual comics that make up

spystreak

curse of the x-men  

4 members have voted

1. 1. which way should I go with this story arch

• buy the individual books
    • wait for Trade paperback collection/graphic novel
    • don't bother with it

now I have been told countless things lately of the X-men fighting off vampires with Blade apparently joining the X-men and Dracula being Staked and Decapitated by his son Xarus who ever the hell that is, vampires have apparently different sects or races or minorities whatever you call the damn things, Jubilee becoming a vampire blah blah blah(Dracula's catch frase LOL)I like Vampires except sparkly ones, I am a fan of Blade both comics and movies I have one blade comic which I love and all three movies I am interested a bit slightly but it's the same crap marvel has been doing since civil war and possibly before that where every issue has to be part of a bigger storyline I used to love marvel more than any comics ever but this massive storyline after massive storyline is getting old. some of these massive storylines are good like civil war & World war hulk but I haven't been buying marvel comics at all lately and have bee drifting more into DC and IDW. I'm sick of thes major plot stories I used to love reading single issues where you could just enjoy a single issue maybe two adventure instead of one that spans four or five issues IDW's pretty bad for that two but their's are dare I say it more interesting. I feel like marvel comics are circling the drain lately with reboots and epic plotlines and that marvel is becoming more of a screen entertainment group like they're focusing more on videogames and movies

curseblade_020.jpg

I'd personally say don't bother with it.

Part of the reason has to do with the fact that the books are too expensive (see the mini rant I posted about comic prices in the DC forum).

The other part is that this whole "plot" of X Men fighting vampires is nothing but a bandwagon move because vampires are "in" now. Jubilee is-and apparently is going to STAY- a vampire? Are you serious???

Add those two together and you get the first new X Men title that I'm passing on in the nearly 20 years I've been reading.

I'm going to wait for the TPB but I'm also waiting to see how much it will cost me if it's on sale I may get it right now I'm just going to let it come out and pretty much let it die on the shelfs and maybe ick it up at a comic shop clearence section. I'm really interested in IDW's last stand of the Wreckers TPB I'm going to get it soon but with all the damn snow it's hard to go out to my local comic shop

trades or HC... I wait for the HC in most cases ... I'm not even sure if I will do that for this series ... Perhaps just to see what they do with jubiless character ... Last one I read she was just turned into a vampire or something & had just ran away from the xmen

trades or HC... I wait for the HC in most cases ... I'm not even sure if I will do that for this series ... Perhaps just to see what they do with jubiless character ... Last one I read she was just turned into a vampire or something & had just ran away from the xmen

how was the art in it?

• 1 month later...