Superman - 12 inch Movie Masters

Superpowers1980

I like this custom figure, the face is better than the Mattel version and he has the neck line right and plastic boots go the extra mile, but I'll wait for Hot Toys to make the best version when that comes out. More importantly was just how dead on his Clark Kent was.....amazing...take hints Mattel/Hot Toys

The pics won't copy so here is the link

http://figuremasterles.tripod.com/id16.html

Got mine earlier today. Opened him up which seemed like an eternity to take him out of the box and plastic inserts. Box is not collector friendly. Anyway, he's really nice and the glossy look on the headsculpt isn't noticeable in hand like in the review pics over at MTV Geek. I'm really, very happy with him.

9dc79657.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. I tried to re-create the flying pose from the Super Powers card art but it didnt turn out so well, but he is pretty poseable.

Got mine earlier today. Opened him up which seemed like an eternity to take him out of the box and plastic inserts. Box is not collector friendly. Anyway, he's really nice and the glossy look on the headsculpt isn't noticeable in hand like in the review pics over at MTV Geek. I'm really, very happy with him.

9dc79657.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. I tried to re-create the flying pose from the Super Powers card art but it didnt turn out so well, but he is pretty poseable.

Good pic man, I can't wait

Just got mine, and the face sculpt looks even better than in pictures.

Should get mine tomorrow by 5 or 6PM. Can't wait.

Here are some clues for Mattel

post-12758-12930822173023_thumb.jpg

Now that is an awesome Clark. Yes, Matty, take note! Meanwhile, UPS got me out of bed this morning with my Supes and Zod. I sent Superman away with my wife to be wrapped and put under the tree. A little gift from me to me to carry on the tradition my Dad started a long time ago. I did break out Zod, though, to tide me over. I'll let him threaten Metropolis while everyone screams, "Where's Superman?" Why he's in a box under the tree!

I can say from Zod alone that everyone who says they look better in person is right. I don't know why these things don't photograph well, but Zod's figure has an incredible likeness. I was peeved to see that there is a small dot on his nose where the paint was chipped, though.

Now that is an awesome Clark. Yes, Matty, take note! Meanwhile, UPS got me out of bed this morning with my Supes and Zod. I sent Superman away with my wife to be wrapped and put under the tree. A little gift from me to me to carry on the tradition my Dad started a long time ago. I did break out Zod, though, to tide me over. I'll let him threaten Metropolis while everyone screams, "Where's Superman?" Why he's in a box under the tree!

I can say from Zod alone that everyone who says they look better in person is right. I don't know why these things don't photograph well, but Zod's figure has an incredible likeness. I was peeved to see that there is a small dot on his nose where the paint was chipped, though.

Oh yes, Zod is quite amazing. I don't have my Superman yet....later today......but I agree the pics of Zod didn't do him justice and I really hope the Superman turns out that way. I am sorry to hear about the paint chip on his nose that is a big bummer. It is funny that these are available on MC yet people are bidding on these online at the same prices??? Also a ton of people preordered these at BBTS for 90.00 bucks while even today they are still available.

Oh yes, Zod is quite amazing. I don't have my Superman yet....later today......but I agree the pics of Zod didn't do him justice and I really hope the Superman turns out that way. I am sorry to hear about the paint chip on his nose that is a big bummer. It is funny that these are available on MC yet people are bidding on these online at the same prices??? Also a ton of people preordered these at BBTS for 90.00 bucks while even today they are still available.

Now that does not make any sense at all. I guess some people WANT to pay more.

Got my figures, here is the Chris Reeve Superman along side my custom Kirk Alyn figure

The pic of the feet is to show how they can be angled. Also looking at the Reeve figure the problem or the thing that holds him back is the eyes, the hair, the nose, and the mouth are perfect.

Tomorrow, my friend. Tomorrow Superman will kneel before Zod.

Got my figures, here is the Chris Reeve Superman along side my custom Kirk Alyn figure

The pic of the feet is to show how they can be angled. Also looking at the Reeve figure the problem or the thing that holds him back is the eyes, the hair, the nose, and the mouth are perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0&feature=related

• Like 1

So I emailed Matty with a simple question: "What options can I take with my Zod who had a very small chip on his nose?" Partially out of impatience and partially out of realizing it was barely noticeable and I can just be obsessive with things like that, I decided to open him up anyway. Next thing I know, another one is on the way to my house and says it is completely free. Has anyone dealt with Matty before on this? Am I going to get a new one with a box to send the old back or am I just getting a free fig?

So I emailed Matty with a simple question: "What options can I take with my Zod who had a very small chip on his nose?" Partially out of impatience and partially out of realizing it was barely noticeable and I can just be obsessive with things like that, I decided to open him up anyway. Next thing I know, another one is on the way to my house and says it is completely free. Has anyone dealt with Matty before on this? Am I going to get a new one with a box to send the old back or am I just getting a free fig?

I believe you going to have to sent the old one back. You're not being obsessive. After having my Superman figure for a good week, the loose head joint on him bothered me, so I emailed Matty too. I received a response from them today and it did imply that I would have to send the old one back.

The Hot Toys one is better (which is just a natural given at any time) but the Movie Masters one would be more in my budget. So that's the one I want to get. The Luthor one doesn't look so bad to me either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngbqB879_bc

• Like 1

The Hot Toys one is better (which is just a natural given at any time) but the Movie Masters one would be more in my budget. So that's the one I want to get. The Luthor one doesn't look so bad to me either.

If you get the Mattel one, please make sure you get it off their website, people are paying ridiculous prices for it on ebay...kinda makes me wish I bought 2 more to resell. Like you said the Hot Toys one will be better and I can't wait for that one either. Now all we need is a 6 inch announcement for the Superman movies and I will be super happy.

• Like 1