Superman - 12 inch Movie Masters

Superpowers1980

I don't collect this scale, but if I did, I'd be waiting for the Hot Toys version. This one looks....off.

Yeah, its far removed from perfect but I want them both. This is the first official Chris Reeve figure so that is why it's a must have for me. I am getting four of them and two of the Hot Toys version. Luckily my mom is willing to buy her 30 year old son a collectible......lol

I don't collect this scale, but if I did, I'd be waiting for the Hot Toys version. This one looks....off.

I second that!

I'd also love to see a Helen Slater's Supergirl figure from HT. The movie sucks bad, but she was pretty good in that role.

Hot Toys Superman for me, please. Haven´t seen it, but I know their quality.

Again, most people would agree that Hot Toys and Sideshow do the best figures from in that scale but at the same time, these have some things going for them.

1. It's technically the first Superman/Chris Reeve figure

2. The body they use is the only in that scale or any other than can actually cross his arms either forward and back.

3. The cheaper price allows for some people who can't afford the HT's 200.00 range for figures to have one.

Also I say the more the better. When HT's comes out with their version I will get that as well and I'm hoping it does exceed the Mattel version in every way. But I would prefer to fiddle with the 60.00 version than the 200.00 one. I think its neat and its kind of sad that the figure is getting no love on TNI but the 12 inch GB figures do. The figure is far from perfect or an exact likeness but its close enough and its official. I hope one day when can get one in the 6 inch format followed by a cloth Mego style version sort of like what they are doing with the Flash Gordon movie figures, they have the 6 inch and the Mego ones.

Superman1.jpg

Here's some love for Matty's Superman. I rarely collect 12" figs so Hot Toys, though awesome, have not gotten a dime of my money. However, as a huge GB fan and Superman fan, I am more than happy to pick there 12" line up. It's at a price I can afford and judging from how much I enjoy the GB figs, I know I'll love Superman.

Here's some love for Matty's Superman. I rarely collect 12" figs so Hot Toys, though awesome, have not gotten a dime of my money. However, as a huge GB fan and Superman fan, I am more than happy to pick there 12" line up. It's at a price I can afford and judging from how much I enjoy the GB figs, I know I'll love Superman.

I didn't pick up the GB figures but I do have the General Zod figure and I like it. The likeness is amazing. I can't wait to see what the Gene Hackman Lex Luthor will look like and what outfit he will have on.

Having seen the Lex Luthor figure in this line, I cannot hold it in any more:

These things are just a bucket of suck.

"Official" or not, they are not doing any justice to the movie, or to the memory of Chris Reeve.

The Hot Toys version should be light-years better in all respects.

"Official" or not, they are not doing any justice to the movie, or to the memory of Chris Reeve.

Well, I'm not a 12" collector, but if these were coming out in the DCU Classics scale, I would buy them all up. Zod had a fantastic face sculpt, and i could always customize the clothing color to my liking. Mattel should stop playing around with these different scales and just make these for the 6" classics.

I want:

1) Reeves Superman

2) Reeves Clark Kent

3) Hackman Luthor (maybe w/variant bald head)

4) Zod

5) Ursa

6) Non

7) Nuclear Man

8) Lois Lane (probably the only one they'll need to release for the whole classics line)

Bonus would be:

9) Slater SuperGirl

10) Routh Superman (to match the Dark Knight masters)

11) Brando Jor El (They already did one in 5")

Well I have the General Zod figure and I think its better than how it looked on pics. The colors didn't film correctly but they are accurate. Most people are expecting the HT version to superceed these. Again they are not perfect but they do a little justice to the film.

Also with Founderr - I want these in 6 inch too, I want all that you mentioned, that would be sweet.

Good...one less clown to junk up Mattel's limited sale day broadband. ;)

• Like 1

sorry but i dont realy like them either. lets say that you cant compare hot toys with another company. hot toys will be way better but they also cost way more. for the price point, these figs are great. at first i wanted the hot toys version but now i have to go slow on money so adly i have to skip both of them right now. if matty ever does a 6 insh line, i will be all over them.

• Like 1

That Superman is great for 60 bucks...cant wait for Luthor!

luthor.jpg

You want THIS?????

http://2.bp.blogspot...ttel_Luthor.jpg

He looks like an Oompaloompa!

Dude, that looks good. I can't wait to own one. We all have our tastes but I don't think its a bad likeness and I love the idea of the wigs. Will be getting four of those as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I can't wait for Wednesday so I can order Supes and Zod (finally). The crystal accessories that come with him look awesome. Forgot that SDCC showed off the kryptonite chain, but don't remember seeing that in some of the first looks. Is that still an accessory?

Personally, I can't wait for Wednesday so I can order Supes and Zod (finally). The crystal accessories that come with him look awesome. Forgot that SDCC showed off the kryptonite chain, but don't remember seeing that in some of the first looks. Is that still an accessory?

I know man, this is the most exciting order for me thus far. I really wish I had gotten Zod when I had the chance but luckily was able to order two loose now I can finally have one MIP.

I hope the chain comes with Luthor along with the hair, that would be really cool. During the SDCC they gave us a teaser by showing one of Luthor's wigs along with the chain so maybe those go along with the Luthor figure. I hope the turnout for these is high to get them to produce more movie masters from the movies Mattel is associated with. So far they said they have no plans past Lex Luthor but I would love a Lois, Non, Ersa, bad Superman from III, and Nuclear Man in the 12 inch format. I would buy 3 of all of those.