Green Lantern Movie trailer

jjlecaros

Here is more info

The Green Lantern - Theatrical Trailer

View the full article

"The Green Lantern" stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong, Jay O. Sanders, Temuera Morrison, Taika Waititi, Jon Tenney, Angela Bassett, Tim Robbins and premieres on June 17th, 2011.

In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan. Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax...he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.

A lot of people have been lambasting this footage and criticizing the costume and the 'light' tone.

And others are fanboying like its the greatest thing ever.

I'm somewhere in the middle. It didn't WOW me like I was hoping, but it looks like a fun, decent escapist film. Based on what I saw, I don't think it will break any B.O. records or anything.

I donno... I still really don't like the Hal Jordan characterization... they seem to be making him a screw up that must overcome his own personality flaws and irresponsible nature to save the world...... and I don't think Hal was ever a screwball

I donno... I still really don't like the Hal Jordan characterization... they seem to be making him a screw up that must overcome his own personality flaws and irresponsible nature to save the world...... and I don't think Hal was ever a screwball

Hal was never perfect either. He bounced around a lot and was a bit of a loose cannon (punching out generals, disappointing his mother, missing her subsequent death, etc.). You guys seem to forget that before the fearless, ring-slinging hero Green Lantern that we all know and love, Hal Jordan was just a dead beat guy who never really had direction in life. He bounced from job to job before eventually landing at Ferris, his last ditch effort to become a pilot. All I know is that the trailer looks great. Plus, Geoff Johns is the producer and has a creative say in everything that happens. And yes, the same Geoff Johns that wrote all the GL stories that everyone loves.

• Like 1

Hal was never perfect either. He bounced around a lot and was a bit of a loose cannon (punching out generals, disappointing his mother, missing her subsequent death, etc.). You guys seem to forget that before the fearless, ring-slinging hero Green Lantern that we all know and love, Hal Jordan was just a dead beat guy who never really had direction in life. He bounced from job to job before eventually landing at Ferris, his last ditch effort to become a pilot. All I know is that the trailer looks great. Plus, Geoff Johns is the producer and has a creative say in everything that happens. And yes, the same Geoff Johns that wrote all the GL stories that everyone loves.

Please understand that all of this nonsense was added retroactively and was NOT part of the original character who was an all-'round good guy... Unfortunately, today's comic writers... and this includes the over-rated Johns... can't write a character that subtle.

Please understand that all of this nonsense was added retroactively and was NOT part of the original character who was an all-'round good guy... Unfortunately, today's comic writers... and this includes the over-rated Johns... can't write a character that subtle.

I'll dare say that before all that stuff WAS added retroactively, Hal barely had a personality at all.

I think the trailer shows a well balanced Hal. They mix in humor and seriousness. Currently that mix of humor and seriousness is placed into every action movie but I think it would work in the movie if done right. One thing that I am sick of is this hero who believes he can't do it or feels he isn't worthy. It fits for this movie but almost every action hero now is this guy who is unsure or doesn't want the responsibility, how about the people who are born and bred this way. This is why Smallville can disgust me, Clark is such a wuss in that.

Hal was originally written as bold and as the typical good guy. i liked the original concept and the revision that made him sort of like the wild flyboy ladies man. I think I nice balance is what is needed, more serious though.

I think the trailer shows a well balanced Hal. They mix in humor and seriousness. Currently that mix of humor and seriousness is placed into every action movie but I think it would work in the movie if done right. One thing that I am sick of is this hero who believes he can't do it or feels he isn't worthy. It fits for this movie but almost every action hero now is this guy who is unsure or doesn't want the responsibility, how about the people who are born and breed this way. This is why Smallville can disgust me, Clark is such a wuss in that.

Hal was originally written as bold and as the typical good guy. i liked the original concept and the revision that made him sort of like the wild flyboy ladies man. I think I nice balance is what is needed, more serious though.

thats whati miss too. where is this guy who can move someone without being in doubt for every ten minutes. i think thats what killed the spiderman franchise a bit.

Just saw the trailer, Hal Jordan being my favorite DC Character I'm still disappointed at Ryan Reynolds playing the character but that ship already set sail. The movie looks better than I expected I'm just wowed by Sinestro he looks the best in this movie and the one I'm looking forward the most. However I still don't like the suit in most scenes it looks fake like body paint. I'll withhold further judgment until I see the whole movie.

I think the trailer shows a well balanced Hal. They mix in humor and seriousness. Currently that mix of humor and seriousness is placed into every action movie but I think it would work in the movie if done right. One thing that I am sick of is this hero who believes he can't do it or feels he isn't worthy. It fits for this movie but almost every action hero now is this guy who is unsure or doesn't want the responsibility, how about the people who are born and breed this way. This is why Smallville can disgust me, Clark is such a wuss in that.

thats whati miss too. where is this guy who can move someone without being in doubt for every ten minutes. i think thats what killed the spiderman franchise a bit.

typo on *breed* in my previous post

As far as Spiderman they beat that dead horse, seriously most people would love the chance to have some extraordinary power and to go save people. I understand that the contrast in feeling unworthy while having all this power makes for a good contrast but it is so old at this point.

As far as Spiderman they beat that dead horse, seriously most people would love the chance to have some extraordinary power and to go save people. I understand that the contrast in feeling unworthy while having all this power makes for a good contrast but it is so old at this point.

i understand that a hero can doubt about himself but having this in 3 movies. crying that he cant put things together is annoying. i hoped for jordan to be a bit better because he is pilot but it doesnt seem that way. well i guess we see. thats the one thing i kind of love in the thor trailer. he says what to do to odin and gets banished. now that is better then should i, could i, maybe, can be and so on.

i understand that a hero can doubt about himself but having this in 3 movies. crying that he cant put things together is annoying. i hoped for jordan to be a bit better because he is pilot but it doesnt seem that way. well i guess we see. thats the one thing i kind of love in the thor trailer. he says what to do to odin and gets banished. now that is better then should i, could i, maybe, can be and so on.

I saw that but it didn't register to me but your right, Thor has the "it".........he is not taking any mess, that is why I am looking forward to the movie, someone who knows their abilities and isn't afraid of using them.

Yes, Spidey keeps running it down about being unsure and yes 3 movies worth is absurd. Let me get bit by some radioactive spider.....well wait, my ego demands that I fly and move planes.........let me be hit by a ray beam that gives me extraordinary powers so I can fly and move planes, I sure as heck wouldn't doubt the responsibility, I would run towards it all the way and right the wrongs I am tired of hearing about.

Smallville has it all wrong. Clark was never unsure he just needed direction. Once the message was given from either father depending on the continuity, he took up the mantle and that was it, no sissy-footing around. But in Smallville you have this grown-butt Clark still running around without glasses and not sure of what he wants to do. That version of Clark needs to sit down and let a real hero stand up.

I hope GL doesn't play too much into that role, just a tad at the beginning but he has to believe in himself, isn't that part of having will power, the personal belief????.........that angle of the masters seeing more in you than you do is played out, especially when its such a deep character difference.

I agree, the whole self doubt wore out real fast in the Spidey movies. Now I don't claim to be a big expert but from what I read Hal Jordan is cocky, gung ho, typical flyboy attitude he doesn't slow down to think much stuff through and plan much less doubt himself. I always see Hal Jordan as a Han Solo type of character, I don't think doubting himself would work with this character specially for the whole Will/No fear power ring angle.

I agree, the whole self doubt wore out real fast in the Spidey movies. Now I don't claim to be a big expert but from what I read Hal Jordan is cocky, gung ho, typical flyboy attitude he doesn't slow down to think much stuff through and plan much less doubt himself. I always see Hal Jordan as a Han Solo type of character, I don't think doubting himself would work with this character specially for the whole Will/No fear power ring angle.

Hal as Han Solo is a good analogy. I think Hal should be a more righteous Han Solo.

• 2 weeks later...