Plan the return of Marvel Legends!

DSmith

So I'm really optimistic about the "return" of Marvel Legends that's being rumored. So much so that I'm gonna do one of those wish list posts around the subject!

ML Wave 1

Polaris (classic and modern variants)

Colossus

Luke Cage (modern)

Justice

Scarlet Spider

Constrictor

BAF Phalanx

ML Wave 2

Strong Guy

Magneto

Medusa

Arkon

Whirlwind

Shaman (with Puck)

BAF Lockjaw

Captain America Legends

Super Soldier Captain America (a Cap-colored but more war-standard uniform, pouches and pockets and such)

Bucky

Red Skull (Green jumpsuit and Black business suit variants)

Baron Zemo II

U.S. Agent

Captain America (modern Bucky version)

BAF Arnim Zola

Thor Legends

Classic Thor

Thunderstrike

Odin

Enchantress

Balder

Loki

BAF Frost Giant

Avengers Legends - Wave 1

Wasp (regular size, 2 costume variants and matching mini-versions)

Hawkeye

Wrecker

Quasar

Ultron

Iron Man

BAF Goliath II (Clint Barton)

Avengers Legends - Wave 2

Scarlet Witch

Vision (colorful and white variants)

Piledriver

Grim Reaper

Stingray

Black Panther (classic)

BAF Man-Ape

I really hope that they will stop the baf nonsense. It was cool for the first couple of waves from Galaktus and Sentinel but through out the time it's been proven to be too much of a hassle like the 10 pieces Giantman or the C&C Giganta from DCUC(which many fans are still missing the last piece from Gentleman Ghost).

I think giant figures can be sold seperately or as an exclusive. It seems like it worked for the giant Galaktus and they were able to fit the 8" Hulk in the 2pack(while the same body was used for the baf Rulk)

here's a few I want to see done off the top of my head.

1. Hobgoblin(Jason Macendale) with his cybernetic implants

2.Baron Heinrich Zemo in nazi outfit

3.Headsman

4.Iron patriot

6.Green Goblin(Norman Osbourne) in his civil war outfit

post-15525-12899690421831_thumb.jpg

post-15525-12899690553793_thumb.jpg

post-15525-12899690660942_thumb.gif

post-15525-1289969139038_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1289969155322_thumb.jpg

Yay wishlists!

Wave 1:

1st appearance Storm

Bucky Captain America

Thor new costume

Songbird

4 figure waves because that's a good round number.

No BAFs because that ship has sailed.

$10 per figures because collectors are ripped off enough.

Do that and I'll be happy.

I duno I just want more

xforce

guardians of the galaxy

young avengers

gravity

wrecking crew

Build a figure GROOT

some secret warriors

ironmans rescue/pepper pots

a modern ironman

modern steve rogers

the hood

modern wasp

the inhumans

Fantastic ideas all, gentlemen.

Rather than BAFs, I would rather see a separate line of bigger figures (like the Galactus and Sentinels coming out) that had Surturs and Ymirs and Celestials and cosmic beings like Eternity in it.

Unfortunately, I don't see this being a reality. The 3-3/4" scale stuff is in the $8+ dollar range. But I would be okay with getting rid of comics and BAF pieces in lieu of some larger scale figures as well as more accessories for characters that warrant it.

As for who I would like to see? Just start from the ground up. Enough time has passed since Toy Biz MLs that many figures could stand a mulligan.

Give me a:

Captain America (Steve and Bucky varieties and modern Steve)

Iron Man (This property is already hot. Take all those 3-3/4" inch comic ones that have been unloaded and pump them up and give us a modern one as well)

Spider-Man (No, seriously. No gimmicks. No crazy battle armor. Just a super articulated and well sculpted figure. Give us the next coveted McFarlane Spider-Man, Hasbro)

Thor (Classic and new costumes)

Hell. Just give us Marvel Legends that look as good as the new two-packs I saw tonight. But don't tap into the C-list and below quite yet.

Jack"o"lantern(Steven Mark Levins)

Buullseye

Red Hulk

Crimson dynamo (Gennady Gavrilov)

Dreadknight

AIM henchman

Taskmaster

Blizzard(Donny Gill)

Mach-v

Herr Kleiser(the Ultimates)

punisher 2099

Green Goblin 2099

Venom 2099

Hobgoblin(jason macendale)

man wolf and she hulk wedding two pack LOL

Fantastic ideas all, gentlemen.

Rather than BAFs, I would rather see a separate line of bigger figures (like the Galactus and Sentinels coming out) that had Surturs and Ymirs and Celestials and cosmic beings like Eternity in it.

A cool idea but all it takes is one turd that does not sell well to end the line :S

I actually have a Marvel list too.

Storm - in her black outfit, the prototype was good IMO

Magneto - the original is awful, they need one on the lines of the Marvel Select one.

Constrictor - cool costume

Gladiator - long awaited and fan demanded

Drax the Destroyer -- I want the larger Hulk version, though the original wouldn't be so bad either

Thor - classic and modern (whoever posted this idea originally is on the money)

The Wrecking Crew, all of these nutjobs should come in a pack

Unfortunately, I don't see this being a reality. The 3-3/4" scale stuff is in the $8+ dollar range. But I would be okay with getting rid of comics and BAF pieces in lieu of some larger scale figures as well as more accessories for characters that warrant it.

As for who I would like to see? Just start from the ground up. Enough time has passed since Toy Biz MLs that many figures could stand a mulligan.

Give me a:

Captain America (Steve and Bucky varieties and modern Steve)

Yes. Bucky Cap, Steve Rogers:Super Soldier, and USAGENT.

Iron Man (This property is already hot. Take all those 3-3/4" inch comic ones that have been unloaded and pump them up and give us a modern one as well)

Yes, there are several Armors I'd like to see such as Hydro Armor, the original Space Armor, and most importantly Neo-Classic Red and Gold. But please don't use the same mold over and over and over.

Spider-Man (No, seriously. No gimmicks. No crazy battle armor. Just a super articulated and well sculpted figure. Give us the next coveted McFarlane Spider-Man, Hasbro)

I agree. I kinda want to see the new Amped Spidey suit, but please leave the made up Aqua Vampire Hunter Lava Battle spidersuits on the drawing board. And please, you don't need Black Spider-Man in every wave.

Thor (Classic and new costumes)

Thor has a had a few costumes over the years, so don't be afraid to give us one or more of those. Simonson Armor would be sweet. And so would a Thunderstrike!!

Hell. Just give us Marvel Legends that look as good as the new two-packs I saw tonight. But don't tap into the C-list and below quite yet.

I live for C-Listers. I see revisiting A-List as a neccessary evil to getting some obscure faves along with them. Alpha Flight! New Warriors! The original Guardians of the Galaxy! And VILLAINS!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to add Firestar to my list, complete Spidey and His Amazing Friends.

Yes please.

In general, I would like to see many of the new figures they made for MU turn up in the new Legends line. Modern Luke Cage, Modern IronFist, the Wrecking Crew, Maverick etc.

• 4 weeks later...

2 box sets... all Generation x

White Queen

M

Skin

Husk

Penance

Artie

Emplate

Synch

Chamber

Banshee (non-screaming head)

Mondo

Jubilee

Leech

Black Tom

• 3 weeks later...

i wanna see

spiderman

iron man

wolverine

hulk

captain america

deadpool

all in wave 1guitar.gif now i dont get dissapointed when they announce them guitar.gif

I wouldn't be totally surprised if it looked like this. I suspect Hasbro will be looking at it as a reboot of sorts, especially since they're getting rid of all the TB molds.

I do think we'll definitely get some "core characters" in pretty much every wave. That's just the way Hasbro (and action figures in general really) do business. So these lists are a combination of personal "wants" and attempting to be realistic about it. No BAFs, though I'm not opposed to the idea if they bring them back. The waves aren't completely "themed" but are heavily weighted towards certain teams/aspects. Females and villains are less plentiful than heroes.

Wave 1 (Avengers):

Bucky Captain America

Spider-Man (Classic) - CORE CHARACTER SLOT

Hawkeye (Modern, possible "Dark Hawkeye" variant)

Modern Luke Cage

The Hood - VILLAIN SLOT

Ms. Marvel (Possible "Dark Ms. Marvel" variant)

Wave 2 (X-Men/X-Force):

X-23 (Modern/X-Force version)

Archangel (Regular and X-Force variants)

Wolverine (Brown n' Tan and X-Force variants) - CORE CHARACTER SLOT

Fantomex - (Original and X-Force variants)

Magneto - VILLAIN SLOT

Namor (Modern Black suit...regular and X-Men variants)

Wave 3 (Avengers 2 - 2012 being the Avengers' year, after all):

Extremis Iron Man (Iron Patriot Variant) - CORE CHARACTER SLOT

"Commander/Super-Soldier" Steve Rogers

Mockingbird (Modern)

Ultron - VILLAIN SLOT

Iron Fist (Modern)

Wasp (Hank Pym version)

Wave 4 (Fantastic Four):

Reed Richards

Invisible Woman (Regular and clear variants)

Human Torch (Flame on and Flame-off variants)

The Thing (All of the above in "modern" uniforms)

Doctor Doom - VILLAIN SLOT

Black Panther (Modern)

Wave 5 ("Cosmic"): (Yeah, this one's probably a pipe-dream)

Silver Surfer - CORE CHARACTER SLOT

Gladiator

Nova (Modern)

Thanos - VILLAIN SLOT

Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)

Moondragon with pack-in Rocket Raccoon

Wave 6 (Thor):

Modern Thor - CORE CHARACTER SLOT

Odin

Loki (Classic/Male) - VILLAIN SLOT

The Enchantress

Thunderstrike

The Destroyer (Possibly with "Thorstroyer" variant)

Wave 7 (Captain America):

Captain America (Rogers) - CORE CHARACTER SLOT

The Falcon (Modern)

Baron Zemo (Modern) - VILLAIN SLOT

Sin (Regular and "scarred" heads)

Nick Fury (Comic Version)

AIM Soldier

So...yeah, not likely to happen that way, but I think that'd be a good way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Modern Thor, Ultimate Hawkeye, and Heroic Age Bucky Cap are the first three announced Marvel Legends coming in 2012. And also Terrax will be the BAF so I guess the BAFs will continue.

6" Spider-Man series with *ugh* action features are also coming. With Spider-Man having new Stealth, Amp, and Future Foundation costumes in the comics, as well as updated Spider-Armor I'm sure we'll be seeing a bunch of those. Hopefully plenty of new villains as well.