MattMelon Custom!

mattmelon

Hi, Everyone, i am new here, I am from Hongkong( so please forgive me for my poor english ),

I have been starting to collect and custom marvel and dc figures around a year and a half ago,

and would like to share my custom with you guys~ thanks for watching

Mystique

My first custom figure around a year and a half ago, cox doesn't really like the one from the Marvel Legends,

so i just modify it a little to the costume i like, then repaint~

Receipt

Body: ML mystique

Sculpt: hair, skull, clothes, pants

P1070274.jpgP1070269.jpg

P1070280.jpg

Bucky

then it's my favorite character, Bucky Barnes,

the Hasbro's one is alright, but still prefer the old costume more,

so just redid the chest and the belt then repaint to match with series1 cap.

Receipt

Body: brood queen series Bucky

Sculpt: Chest and belt

Reference

bucky.jpg

P1070299_resize.jpgP1070300_resize.jpgP1070301_resize.jpg

P1010757.jpg

Winter Solider

after bucky, then decided to make his other costume, which is winter solider,

(didn't know Hasbro will release at that moment), used Adam Warlock as base, adding details~

Receipt

Body: Red Hulk series Adam Warlock

Sculpt: whole costume

Belt & bag on leg: Bulleye

Gun: forgot from which ml

P1070305_resize.jpg

P1070306_resize.jpgP1070310_resize.jpgP1070312_resize.jpg

P1070314_resize.jpg

Bucky Cap

After Winter Solider, following comics, Bucky become the new captain america, so Here it is~

Receipt

Body: ML8 ultimate cap

Sculpt: fixed the head a little bit smaller, Sand the upper body and boots to smooth,

sculpted wings on mask, gloves, knife and holster

WIP shot

P1030454_resize.jpg

P1030455_resize.jpg

P1030456_resize.jpg

Luke Cage aka Powerman

Marvel Legend's one is great too, but i prefer modern look more, used Bishop Variant as a base,

haven't sculpted much this time, but put all the effort to remove the detail from Bishop's body, and sanded the shirt's shape.wacko.gif

Receipt

Body: ML12 Bishop Variant

Sculpt: Belt, made the head a little bigger

WIP shot

P1030269_resize.jpg

P1030271_resize.jpgP1030282_resize.jpg

Just saw your thread.

Your work has definitely improved from Mystique who seemed alittle ruff on sculpting.

USAgent looks good, the Capt. body works for him with re-sculpting the torso which you did.

Bucky is a good repaint, but I despise that body. It's too thin and tall for a teenager.

Winter Soldier shows how much your sculpting has improved. The straps, arm are very nicely done. I never would've thought of that body for him but it works.

Bucky Capt. looks good but that body tends to lend itself more to Steve than bucky because of the size. Plus the head screams Steve. Longshot's head works for Bucky. Paint work is good as well as the sculpting though.

Luke Cage could use more sculpt on his legs to get them looking like pants more. That head looks too much Bishop for me though.

Cyclops is a big improvement over the ML10 version. I would've changed the face area, looks too much like bullseye.

Cloud: haha, thanks, it feels really good to see a name i know here~biggrin.gif

RickCoronel: thank you so much for the comment, it can sure help me a lot for my skill,

i didn't notice the bucky cap looks like steve until u mentioned, i will try the longshot head when i have time laterwink.gif

and just checked your wish to make list, it's really a LONG list, hopes to see them soon~

Hawkeye aka bullseye

again, what's better than making hawkeye with hawkeye~

used some card to make the quiver, sculpted details on his face, head, both arms, then repaint~

Receipt

base: ML hawkeye

Sculpt: Face, mask, arms

Quiver: card paper

Arrow and bow: from ML hawkeye

wip shots

P1030438_resize.jpg

P1030527_resize.jpg

P1030530_resize.jpg

P1030528_resize.jpg

P1030553_resize.jpg

Wolverine aka Daken

Having a extra wolverine from Toybiz xmen, so decided to make daken by it, the problem is that Daken is much taller than his father, so the hardest part is to make him taller, i lengthened his legs to do so, then added metal claws, and repaint~

Receipt

Base: Toybiz Xmen Wolverine

Wip

P1030439_resize.jpg

P1030513_resize.jpgP1030514_resize.jpg

P1030515_resize.jpg

Ares

ok, here comes the last one, the hardest one to make, God of War - Ares! :twisted:

Used Doc Samson as base, sculpted his face a little bit, Hair, helmet, armor, modify the Axe and sword from other toys, and then just repaint~

Receipt

Base: ML FFF Doc Samson

Sword: Lady Demon

Axe: Evil Ernie

Sculpt: face, hair, helmet, armor

Wip

P1030452_resize.jpgP1030447_resize.jpg

P1030541_resize.jpgP1030547_resize.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Invisible woman

Always want to have a pretty invisible woman, doesn't like those released, so just make myself one,

dcd armory powergirl is one of the most beautiful girl i have seen, so just use her head as sue storm, and then sculpted the chest logo, and made her a little bit shorter to match with mr. fantastic, then repaint~

Receipt

Base: ML F4 Boxset Invisible woman

Head: DCD armory Supergirl

Sculpt: neck,chest logo, belt

wip

P1060041_resize.jpg

P1060249_resize.jpgP1060250_resize.jpg

Mr Fantastic

have been thinking the Marvel Legends Mr Fantastic is too slim, doesn't want to make a whole new one, so just added some muscle on him, then repaint to match the costume with sue~

Receipt

Base: ML series5 Mr Fantastic

Sculpt: hair, face, shoulder, chest logo, belt

wip

P1060045_resize.jpg

P1060255_resize.jpg

P1060262_resize.jpg