Apologies if I missed it, Green Lantern teaser

Ganesha

I want this to be good, but the suit scenes remind me of the horrible computer animation in the Raimi Spiderman movies. I'm not generally one to judge a movie by early footage, but I hope this is still a work in progress and will be polished up before release.

I'm not sure about where they seem to be taking Hal Jordan in this--I was expecting something a bit more reserved--and not as comedic.

And the suit.........the suit isn't working for me here. I'm feeling guarded about this film now.......where I should be enthusiastic. Not a good sign.

I have just seen the trailer and if this is the official, must admit that I disappoint myself, the suit of Green lantern turns out to be Totally false, looks like a bad cartoon, it seems that I am see a videogame and not a movie, I hope that they should arrange it.

Copyof045.jpg

I'm not sure about where they seem to be taking Hal Jordan in this--I was expecting something a bit more reserved--and not as comedic.

And the suit.........the suit isn't working for me here. I'm feeling guarded about this film now.......where I should be enthusiastic. Not a good sign.

Sums up my feelings exactly.

Oh...Oh my...!

Well... I'm not loving that GL uniform. My feelings mirror my reaction to the Captain America costume. The changes seem gratuitous. It's been needlessly "busied up" with unnecessary detail. Given Hollywood's tendencies, it could still be a lot worse.

I have a bigger problem with the overall tone of these snippets and Reynolds' performance. "I KNOW! RIGHT?" Ouch! Too over the top and humorous. Not quite the Hal Jordan I remember from the comics.

I was never optimistic about this film. As DC's recent GL dvd showed, it's just too easy to get a Green Lantern film wrong. These clips aren't making me feel better about this.

I think the bigger problem I'm having is that Hordan is being played humourous.

I'm not so stringent about him being being like the comics, because he was STIFF in those early stories, and Carol Ferris-crazy too boot--not a terribly deep character at all.

The problem that I see is that if you project into the future and you gather together the various heroes into the Justice League---then the dilemma presents itself.

Superman is the boy scout, Batman is the dark paranoid (or angry??) loner, Wonder Woman is whoever she is going to be, .......Green Lantern is there for yuk-yuks.......and really what major personality archetype is left? Martian Manhunter would be the tragic one. If you have the Flash......does that mean he's going to be played by someone with even broader comedic tendencies?

Jim Carrey??

<shudders>

Now, I'm exaggerating somewhat, but really there's a future group dynamic that needs to be considered here, and the way Jordan is coming across in their (admittedly) brief clips he IS too over-the-top.

But I gotta wonder if a stuffy persona is any better? Mentally going back over the GL stories I have read, I've not come away with any strong sense of just exactly WHAT Hal Jordan's personality is--expect for the early stories. The earliest tales he had a serious boner for Carol Ferris ( but he also had a vaguely racist Eskimo sidekick named Pie-face, too), and when he wasn't moonlighting as GL, he was trying to date Ferris with just about every breath he had.

I dunno, maybe that is the angle being played here.......a guy who just wanted to get the girl and ended up becoming a guardian of the galaxy??

Maybe it needs to be taken broad to cross from one to the other?

• Like 1

This clip shoqcases a personality more align with Kyle Rayner and how he acted when he was on the Justice League and he and Flash (Wally West) were the comedic relief. I have seen GL written two ways that I like, the super trooper version or the over the top womanizer who really has a good heart. I think they are going with the pretty, macho flyboy with a comedic undertones. Hopefully he just has a few funny moments.

are you all seriously passing judgment on a full length film based on about a minute of clips? Even a full trailer is only suppose to wet the appetite... Superman Returns looked good in trailers and clips but after the full film I rank it evenly with Superman 3 & 4, same for Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, Hulk, Star Wars Eps 1-3, should I go on?

are you all seriously passing judgment on a full length film based on about a minute of clips? Even a full trailer is only suppose to wet the appetite..

Yep.

Because things like the costume tend to be constants in the film, and the trailer draws the shots of the character in costume from all over the film......so if the costume looks disagreeable throughout the trailer then its probably going to look disagreeable through the whole movie. The shots they used seem to emphasize the more "funny" aspects.....and the chick-magnetism of Ryan Reynolds. I don't think Green Lantern should be as morbid as the Dark Knight, but I wasn't expecting GL to be sold as so light-hearted either.

I'm just not sure where this is going yet, and I'm saying that.....SO FAR....I'm not liking what I'm seeing a whole lot.

• Like 1

are you all seriously passing judgment on a full length film based on about a minute of clips?

No, but I am passing judgement on that minute of clips... and that minute didn't leave me very optimistic about the other one hundred and nineteen or so that comprise this film.

Some people though need to eat an entire bucket full of feces before they will safely allow themselves to say, "Okay. This doesn't taste good."

• Like 2

are you all seriously passing judgment on a full length film based on about a minute of clips? Even a full trailer is only suppose to wet the appetite... Superman Returns looked good in trailers and clips but after the full film I rank it evenly with Superman 3 & 4, same for Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, Hulk, Star Wars Eps 1-3, should I go on?

Not me,I only judge the look of things with this sort of clips, and to me , the suit looks like a CGI Photoshopped suit: the "mask" doesn´t lookwith depth, texture, etc.It just looks like a green colored piece of skin. Hope this is not the final result.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the idea of an entirely CGI costume but I guess I'll have to see more to completely decide.

I have to say at this point I'm more looking forward to the Cap and Thor movies. And X Men First Class....is that coming out next year too?

UGhh.......you can have them, the only one that could be remotely good is Thor. No one outside of the comic world really cares about Captain America and X-Men first class is another abortion in the X Men mythos.

I am not excited about a CGI costume but Green Lantern has more going for it than the rest. Thor looks interesting but it seems we won't see much of him in the outfit which is annoying........I could be wrong but the trailer seems to have most of the story setup outside the costume....I hope I am wrong.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the idea of an entirely CGI costume but I guess I'll have to see more to completely decide.

I have to say at this point I'm more looking forward to the Cap and Thor movies. And X Men First Class....is that coming out next year too?

UGhh.......you can have them, the only one that could be remotely good is Thor. No one outside of the comic world really cares about Captain America and X-Men first class is another abortion in the X Men mythos.

I am not excited about a CGI costume but Green Lantern has more going for it than the rest. Thor looks interesting but it seems we won't see much of him in the outfit which is annoying........I could be wrong but the trailer seems to have most of the story setup outside the costume....I hope I am wrong.

I think they will all suck... because comic movies ALWAYS suck when they don't respect the comics.. and none of these movies look like the comics.

But I think Cap will do the best at the box office