Who should play Superman?

yojoebro82

There appears to be some confusion here so let me clarify I was joking with the Nic Cage comment, not even in his prime he could've played Superman. In all seriousness it doesn't really matter who plays Superman since whoever gets to play him is gonna get compared to Crhis Reeve or Tom Welling and most fans won't accept him no matter how good a job he does playing the role.

brandon routh was good for my taste. the only thing is that you could see that he tried hard to be like christopher reeves. i think that he could have done better if he played the role how he wanted it to be. other then this i love nic cage but i cant see him either as superman. maybe a villain. lex perhaps or metallo. not so into tom welling. sorry but smallville doesn't do it for me. it takes clark ten season to finaly become superman just because he doesnt know what to do with his life. sorry but clark is more confident then this.

I agree, Smallville as a show has reached a level of aburdity, seriously he is already a full grown man in college so who wouldn't recognize him as Superman when he decides to don the outfit. I like Tom Wellings as far as looks and stature but not sure if he can play the complex dynamics of Superman and Clark Kent.

Oh and it bothers the beegeez out of me that he is so undecided as to whether or not he wants to be a hero full time, your right, the show should of taken a step into molding him after the second season into Clark Kent with glasses and all.

• Like 2

There appears to be some confusion here so let me clarify I was joking with the Nic Cage comment, not even in his prime he could've played Superman. In all seriousness it doesn't really matter who plays Superman since whoever gets to play him is gonna get compared to Crhis Reeve or Tom Welling and most fans won't accept him no matter how good a job he does playing the role.

Heh, Cage is such a mine-field hot-point in the Superman franchise that even joking about him in the role gets peoples dander up. The original suggestion of him being cast was so out of left field--and then those pictures...those horrible pictures..........its like anyone viewing them has PTSD or something.

Personally, I think there's been some looney choices considered over the years.......Clint Eastwood, Sylvester Stallone, Jon Voight, James Caan, Burt Reynolds (???!!), Nick Nolte, and some that one would have to think really hard about, like Robert Redford. All of those are great actors, and great leads.......but none of them, imo, were right for the role of Superman.

I admit i didn't read through every post so if i am repeteing anything i am sorry.

Ok well i think brandon did a hell of a job. I could and can see him as superman. He captured the essance of reeves but also made it his own. The over all move was crap sure but there were a few stand out acftors/acting. Like jimmy olson that guy did the best with what little screen time he had. And the parry white actor again did alot with very little and of course spacey.

Spacey played lex like he always should have been not to jokey a bit more sinester which i liked.Maybe ruthless is a better word. Don't get me wrong i love hackmans lex I love all 4 superman movies but there were stand out roles in the supes returns movie. It was just a #$## story Or maybe it was just singer and his directing. I know something was off but i did think routh did a great job. Also i don't know if anyone knows this but superman returns was supposed to be a kinda superman 3 like the reeves movies 3 and 4 didn't happen. Or thats one rumor i heared it was supposed to be

Now for welling I thought about it for a long while and looked at the custom head swaps done on e bay. And i have seen him as clark so love i just don't see him as superman Meaning wearing the suit. I just can't see it

As for anyone else well i really don't know. I thought decaprio at one point but now I don't know he maybe a touch to old to play him And i don't see him playing clark as it sould be played.

If bale was already playing batman i would suggest him

ryan renolds may have been good but again he is green lantern and deadpool so i guess his plate is full.

Side note i think kurk russel would play a good kingdon com superman

I would really like to see Jon Hamm as Superman. I really don't understand why people say he is too old for the role. Christian Bale is also pushing 40 and he is still Batman.

I saw conan ask jon hamm if he would and he seemed interested and said himself he maybe a lil to old plus you know the stuidos always want young actors. Meaning 25 to maybe 32 to play these roles. Granted not always but bale doesn't imo look to be in his 40's he still looks around his 30's

Routh and Spacey could have pulled it off with the right script and direction. If they really want to start fresh they may to cast an unknown as was done in Superman: The Movie, but if you're going to use Welling then get Erica Durance for Lois (or just cast her anyway regardless of the lead)then have a solid script and get a director that can bring out the best for in everyone involved.