Okay, admit it......what has POC done to you??

ARROW

For me, its got me buying doubles of quite a few figures---something I have rarely done before.

At last count, I have 7 doubles.

Duke

Beachhead

CC

Firefly

Dusty

Zartan

Alley-viper

...and frankly, I'm on the cusp of getting more of the others. I'd have bought more into the vehicles, but I lack the display room at this point.

But the figures have just been awesome to collect.

There's a difference here from the Spy Troops gimmick of a few years ago....where you had two modes for each figure......the alternate heads and looks here are just cooler.

Although frankensteining is really just swapping heads and some outfit parts for me, at this point.....the new looks that can be had are really driving the fun.

I'll admit it.....POC has gotten me excited about G.I. Joe again--and really looking forward to what is coming out next.

Its another peak in the cycle of toy collecting for me.

Now, how about you?

• Like 1

I've only got a few figures, but this is the best G.I. Joe line ever, imo.

I would agree wholeheartedly with this. I thought it couldn't get any better than 25th anniversary, but the designers and sculptors for the new line have totally outdone themselves. The weapons, the head sculpt, the character designs, the color choices, everything is top notch. I'm glad someone started this thread. I'm the first to #@$#@ about things I don't like, but I think Hasbro deserves a huge pat on the back for what they've been doing lately. Oh, what has it done for me? Made me poor. Poor, but happy.

I think Hasbro deserves a huge pat on the back for what they've been doing lately.

Hasbro has actually been doing right by the Joe fans for the past 5 or 6 years. You might see a dud in a particular line every once in a while or a lackluster store exclusive, but the vast majority of the stuff has been solid. Compared to what they tried to pass off in the early 2000s, you'd think another company was doing GIJoe. Some of those figures literally looked like butt. Pat on the back.

I think Hasbro deserves a huge pat on the back for what they've been doing lately.

Hasbro has actually been doing right by the Joe fans for the past 5 or 6 years. You might see a dud in a particular line every once in a while or a lackluster store exclusive, but the vast majority of the stuff has been solid. Pat on the back.

Amen to that.

I've found myself buying more of ROC and 25th figures than I ever expected to--and all because they have been excellent figures in almost every case.

POC is one of the very few Joe lines that I have found myself buying at least one of each of EVERY figure, and enjoying each one.

Yea, even Tornado-Kick Snake-Eyes-a under-rated figure if there ever was one. You want a kind-of-neat pairing? Tornado Snake-Eyes and Desert Storm Shadow--the two "black sheep" of this line. I think they work really well together ( and I'm just plain ignoring the environmental themes the cards are suggesting).

Now, I'm only collecting the figures........not the vehicles so much, but I'm considering a VAMP to add to my collection.

I have the Ghost Hawk, and the HISS, but the other stuff doesn't excite me as much.

That feeling seems to be shared in my locale as the vehicles are not moving.

But.........y'know.....there's really nothing wrong with the vehicles in this line. They are solid ideas and the HISS is a real stand-out (the running-change to a black body just plusses it), and I think I'll be slowly adding them to my collection over time.

The upcoming waves 3 & 4 look great, and I'm hooked.

I bought Snake Eyes tonight. (the non-tornado kick one). Aside from his legs being posed kind of oddly, I really like it. I haven't bought a GI Joe since the 25th line, but I've been really impressed by the detailing and amount of extras this line seems to have.

Definitely one of the better lines since the relaunch of G.I.Joe ARAH in 2000.

I've picked up quite a few of these figures (Beachhead, Snake Eyes, etc...) for my son and have been able to tinker around with them myself. They really are great. I made the decision, however, to move away from the 1:18 scale of figures and vehicles. It's a real shame, too, especially with some of the stuff I see coming out.

Either way, I'm excited to see what comes next and will check out the new cartoon as well as see what the design for the toys look like.

I've picked up quite a few of these figures (Beachhead, Snake Eyes, etc...) for my son and have been able to tinker around with them myself. They really are great. I made the decision, however, to move away from the 1:18 scale of figures and vehicles. It's a real shame, too, especially with some of the stuff I see coming out.

Either way, I'm excited to see what comes next and will check out the new cartoon as well as see what the design for the toys look like.

In one of the question/answer sessions with hasbro, they said that the figures based on the new cartoon would be along the same lines as POC, with a lot of detail and more realistic looking than cartoony. I'm guessing they'll do the same thing they did with some of the Clone Wars series of figures, which is taking the basic design from the cartoon and making them less angular and anime looking. Here's hoping anyway. By the way, I just wanted to add that I think the new Dusty is one of the best G.I. Joe figures ever made. Anyone with me on this?

By the way, I just wanted to add that I think the new Dusty is one of the best G.I. Joe figures ever made. Anyone with me on this?

Yea, I'd say that too.

I like POC Zartan just as much though, both of these figures are stand-outs.

Yea, I'd say that too.

Right. And I wasn't really convinced of that myself until I read his filecard. Everyone on the boards was saying "WTF this looks more like Raptor than Zartan!", which is somewhat true, but if you look a the reasoning behind the way they designed him, then you understand why. He's dressed that way to blend in with the locals in the desert, plain and simple. Yet he still retains his look enough that you immediately recognize him as Zartan. Couple that with the extra head to disguise him as a Joe, which is 100 times better than a clunky giant mask as a disguise accessory), and you have a well-thought-out character.

Yea, I'd say that too.

Right. And I wasn't really convinced of that myself until I read his filecard. Everyone on the boards was saying "WTF this looks more like Raptor than Zartan!", which is somewhat true, but if you look a the reasoning behind the way they designed him, then you understand why. He's dressed that way to blend in with the locals in the desert, plain and simple. Yet he still retains his look enough that you immediately recognize him as Zartan. Couple that with the extra head to disguise him as a Joe, which is 100 times better than a clunky giant mask as a disguise accessory), and you have a well-thought-out character.

Raptor always reminded me of Zartan to begin with, so I immediately loved it. Also, the POC Zartan also reminds me of a "Road Warrior" villain, which is also a nice visual and hearkens back to his Aussie cartoon roots. It's a great figure I'd love to get my hands on.