Clone Wars Episode Discussion

synch

Based on different timelines I found online and my own guesses this is what I figure the order of the episodes are.

Season 2: Episode 16: Cat and Mouse

Season 2: Episode 19: The Hidden Enemy

The Clone Wars Movie

Season 3: Episode 3: Supply Lines

Season 1: Episode 1: Ambush

Season 1: Episode 6: Downfall of a Droid

Season 1: Episode 7: Duel of the Droids

Season 1: Episode 2: Rising Malevolence

Season 1: Episode 3: Shadow of Malevolence

Season 1: Episode 4: Destroy Malevolence

Season 3: Episode 1: Clone Cadets

Season 1: Episode 5: Rookies

Season 3: Episode 2: ARC Troopers

Season 1: Episode 8: Bombad Jedi

Season 1: Episode 9: Cloak of Darkness

Season 1: Episode 10: The Lair of General Grievous

Season 1: Episode 11: Dooku Captured

Season 1: Episode 12: The Gungan General

Season 1: Episode 13: Jedi Crash

Season 1: Episode 14: Defenders of Peace

Season 1: Episode 15: Trespass

Season 1: Episode 17: Blue Shadow Virus

Season 1: Episode 18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons

Season 1: Episode 19: Storm Over Ryloth

Season 1: Episode 20: Innocents of Ryloth

Season 1: Episode 21: Liberty on Ryloth

Season 2: Episode 20: Death Trap

Season 2: Episode 21: R2 Come Home

Season 2: Episode 22: Lethal Trackdown

Season 3: Episode 7: Assassin

Season 3: Episode 8: Evil Plans

Season 1: Episode 22: Hostage Crisis

Season 3: Episode 9: Hunt for Ziro

Season 2: Episode 1: The Holocron Heist

Season 2: Episode 2: Cargo of Doom

Season 2: Episode 3: Children of the Force

Season 2: Episode 4: Senate Spy

Season 2: Episode 5: Landing at Point Rain

Season 2: Episode 6: Weapons Factory

Season 2: Episode 7: Legacy of Terror

Season 2: Episode 8: Brain Invaders

Season 2: Episode 9: Grievous Intrigue

Season 2: Episode 10: The Deserter

Season 2: Episode 11: Lightsaber Lost

Season 2: Episode 12: The Mandalore Plot

Season 2: Episode 13: Voyage of Temptation

Season 2: Episode 14: Duchess of Mandalore

Season 3: Episode 11: Pursuit of Peace

Season 2: Episode 15: Senate Murders

Season 2: Episode 17: Bounty Hunters

Season 2: Episode 18: The Zillo Beast

Season 2: Episode 19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

Season 3: Episode 4: Sphere of Influence

Season 3: Episode 5: Corruption

Season 3: Episode 6: The Academy

Season 3: Episode 10: Heroes on Both Sides

Well anyways he was killed off last night

yeah my little bro told me he..it got killed I flicked off teletoon after avengers because my tv's built in guide had it listed as repeat ,blue shadow virus plus i was online all night playing Doom and listening to metal now that my seakers are hooked up

When people criticize George Lucas for milking the franchise to make money Star Wars: The Clone Wars is exhibit A.

This show is an insult to Star Wars.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last season.CN hates keeping any series on after three years

When people criticize George Lucas for milking the franchise to make money Star Wars: The Clone Wars is exhibit A.

This show is an insult to Star Wars.

Have you watched it or are you just mindlessly parroting someone else?

Did I watch the episodes that established the most fearsome bounty hunter in the galaxy starting out as a whiny b****?

Nope.

Did I watch the episodes where they created a new love interest for Obi-Wan instead of exploring his relationship with Siri Tachi?

Nope.

Did I watch the episodes where they tear apart the entire continuity of the Clone Wars created by dozens of sources before them?

Nope.

Season One was tolerable and had some very interesting episodes.

Season Two was terrible and pretty much proved the only reason this show exists is to sell action figures.

And that is why I have not watched Season 3. Though I did see some clips of The Borg of Star Wars, Darth Maul, showing up. Tell me is it a flashback episode or just another Maul clone? Either way it's pathetic.

Or it's possible that I really haven't watched this show at all and I'm just mindlessly parroting.

Maybe you could explain why this show isn't an insult to Star Wars.

I'm sure it'll pick up soon. Star Wars Insider had some previews of up coming episodes. I'm waiting for the one with the Darth Maul lookalike.

When that was shown at Celebration they said it was Darth Mauls brother

Well I guess that answers my question. Laughable.

I can't make up my mind when it comes to the Clone Wars show. Sometimes I feel like it's exciting, original, and worthy of carrying the Star Wars name. Then other times I find it two-dimensional, way too simplified and "kiddie-fied" as it were. The original trilogy was never "kiddie-fied", and of course we all loved it. There are pros and cons in it for me. I like how they seemed to have captured the look and feel of the Star Wars universe, at least the look and feel of the prequels. And I'm glad to see the friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin fleshed-out more. But I hate hate hate how they've portrayed the battle droids and the Separatists Army in general. I hated it when they changed the battle droids voices in Episode III inexplicably and then followed suit and made them even more bumbling and idiotic in the new show. Bah! And why do they insist on sticking in lines from the classic trilogy?! A few times here and there in the prequels was okay...a fun nod to the originals. But whenever a character parrots a classic trilogy line every other scene, or a main character exclaims, "I have a bad feeling about this!"...I get so angry I want to eat my tv remote. (lol) Enough already!! Yeah yeah yeah...we get it. It's Star Wars, so somebody has to say, "I have a bad feeling about this!" at least once an episode. And I wish for the love of Obi-Wan someone would come up with an original character. I love Cad Bane because he's not a Jedi, a Sith, or a Mandalorian/Fett. However, I did recently see a pic of him fighting Obi-Wan with a lightsaber, and I was so disappointed by that. He seemed so original amd interesting, and they had to go and slap a lightsaber on him and cheapen the character. Meh...

I didn't realize I had such strong feelings about the show, but I guess I do as a fan. I'd just like to see a more mature feel to the show, and I'd like to see the Separatists Army seem like more of a threat than a bunch of tinfoil, laughable buffoons that spout cringe-inducing dialogue. I did like the Commando Droids or whatever they were in that one episode. They were actually menacing and seemed like a real threat for a change.

Maybe I've not see the show enough to have an authoritative opinion, but from what I've seen, there are things I like and things I don't like. If it's stictly meant for the kids, then yeah, it's a great kid's show, little kids. But like I said, the original films weren't necessarily for kids...heck, at times they were downright dark and scary in places...and as kids we all loved it and didn't need it watered-down like I think the show is at times.

Too me its turning in Star Trek.The later years of Star Trek were blahh...I'm refering from the last few seasons of DS9 to Enterprise.It's talk talk talk most of the time and I don't care for politics in this.I want to get away from politics when it's on.We know how the damn war ends do we need to see boring negotiations?

To top it all off I just finished The Force Unleashed II. At best it was underwhelming.

When you watch the documentaries on this and the Clone Wars all you hear these creators talk about is how "cool" something is or how "I've always wanted to work with this character".

The worst part? "George has been so supportive of us." Yeah, if you made me a sh*tload of money I would too.

I agree . All of the new Star Wars merchandise is 90 percent directed towards the younger audience . The only things that could be directed to the old school fans in the Vintage collection figures . Another route must be taken to keep the Star Wars franchise updated. Rather than just directing it to a different audience .

The worst part? "George has been so supportive of us." Yeah, if you made me a sh*tload of money I would too.

Hell he could make the same amount or more if he just would let Kevin Smith take control

or make Battlefront 3 and what's happening with the Live action series I've been to caught up in expanded universe comics and Wiki articles to check, some one PM me with some recent info because my user account is using an old E-mail adress that is no longer functioning.

Hell he could make the same amount or more if he just would let Kevin Smith take control

I should of said "I don't care if you bastardize my product as long as you make money."

Watch the documentaries on TCW and TFU II. These guys are all "big fans" yet they seem to have no idea what's going on nor do they have respect for other people's established work. They just do whatever they want because "they're big fans and we wanted to work with this character". *cough*Maul*cough* *cough*mandalorians*cough*

Take TFU II ***SPOILER ALERT***

Yoda and Boba Fett are in the game. Fett has a minimal role (they could have created a new bounty hunter or use a less established one) and Yoda is in the game for absolutely no reason at all. Y'know, other than because "we're big fans and we've never worked with Yoda before."

***END SPOILER***

Some of these so-called "fans" are clueless.

I agree . All of the new Star Wars merchandise is 90 percent directed towards the younger audience . The only things that could be directed to the old school fans in the Vintage collection figures . Another route must be taken to keep the Star Wars franchise updated. Rather than just directing it to a different audience .

Well, I guess SW should be aimed towards kids. And really, they're doing this to make money and that means mission accomplished.

I guess what bothers me is these creators just making things up.

And when I say "making things up" I mean things like giving a Jedi Knight that was controversially promoted six months before the end of the Clone Wars a padawan.

another boring episode yapity yap yap come on jedi on in trading lets teach you about Politics yap yap yap

Yeah I have trouble swallowing that one at first.

Yes the jedi did nothing but distrust him in the movies why would they give him someone to teach

Cjflan, you keep harping on about "established work" as if the EU has any meaning whatsoever in the Star Wars universe. Some portions of the EU have no "respect" for other parts of the EU, so which parts exactly are the most important ones then - the ones you like only?

Like it or not, Lucas is under no obligation to take anyone else's work into account and if he wanted to make Vader a post-op transexual he could do it - it's HIS material.

There are plenty of things that Lucas could stand to improve upon, but this tired argument positing the sprawling mish-mash that is the EU is some sort of bible that must not be changed or disregarded needs to be let go.

If you don't like the Clone Wars cartoon, that's fine. Dislike it on its own merits. But if you expect everything Star Wars to take into account every piece of fan-fiction ever pounded out on a keyboard somewhere (and yes, all the EU stuff is simply professional fanfic), you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Ahh Dake, where to begin:

First off, don't get touchy with me because you accused me of not watching the show ("mindlessly parroting" right?) and I appropriately told you off. Will you be apologizing for that or should I just chalk it up to another SW fan who would follow the franchise into hell and back, even if, let's just say, Lucas turned Vader into a post-op transexual? Nahh, that would be hypocritical...

"Cjflan, you keep harping on about "established work" as if the EU has any meaning whatsoever in the Star Wars universe...so which parts exactly are the most important ones then - the ones you like only?"

"There are plenty of things that Lucas could stand to improve upon, but this tired argument positing the sprawling mish-mash that is the EU is some sort of bible that must not be changed or disregarded needs to be let go."

"But if you expect everything Star Wars to take into account every piece of fan-fiction ever pounded out on a keyboard somewhere (and yes, all the EU stuff is simply professional fanfic), you're going to be sorely disappointed."

I think your missing the point (what a shock). All I was pointing out was this:

1. Other creators, like Genndy Tartakovsky and the writers/artists of Star Wars: Republic, have left their own imprint on the CW and (I believe) it's a little disrespectful to stomp on other people's work. I doubt Dave Filoni and his ridiculous hat will appreciate it when the time comes for him.

2. I don't recall saying one source was more important than the other, so thanks for putting words in my mouth.

3. I actually base most of my SW opinions on this set of six movies called "The Star Wars Saga". You might have heard of it, it's been a big deal for 33 years. Is that material "important" enough in your opinion?

Now, if you can sit through that show and tell me that is the same Anakin from the movies that's fine. I'd be happy to debate that with you.

4. I didn't say "take into account every piece of fan-fiction". I said respect other people's work. But Lucas can't even respect his own so I expect nothing less from these alleged "fans" steering the SW franchise.

5. Don't they have some official continuity database/person they're supposed to use? That department probably got scrapped once they figured out how much money they could make off this CW series.

I mean, really, what's the point of paying a guy to keep the continuity in check when you throw it out every time it's convenient?

"Like it or not, Lucas is under no obligation to take anyone else's work into account and if he wanted to make Vader a post-op transexual he could do it - it's HIS material."

Thanks for the update, we established that already. And it's obvious he doesn't care. If he wants to piss on his baby that's his prerogative. The returns have been fruitful.

I'm sure you'll be just as understanding if, one day, the continuity established by the Original Trilogy is disregarded by Lucas as "professional fan fiction".

"If you don't like the Clone Wars cartoon, that's fine. Dislike it on its own merits."

I actually do dislike it on its own merits and was insulted for doing so.

Why do I dislike it? Because it's become a 100 percent crapfest geared towards kids.

Season One had a healthy dose of variety for fans of all shapes and sizes. Season Two had the main characters shoved down everyone's throat (badly I might add) and it was made perfectly clear that this show is a vehicle to drive toy sales.

And judging from the comments here Season Three is just as bad. Darth Maul's brother? Really? I read on another blog where a reader called this character "Jumpus Sharkus". Sounds accurate to me.

another boring episode yapity yap yap come on jedi on in trading lets teach you about Politics yap yap yap

Yeah I have trouble swallowing that one at first.

Yes the jedi did nothing but distrust him in the movies why would they give him someone to teach

In the Second Clone Wars Micro-Series (funny how that series was designed to sell toys AND didn't suck) it was established that he was promoted out of desperation and some Jedi, particularly some nobody named Mace Windu, weren't too happy with the decision.

But according to Dake, that's just "professional fan fiction", even though it was designed to be a direct tie-in to Episode III.

Before someone jumps down my throat with a "Maybe they gave him a padawan out of desperation" I'd like to remind everyone that model Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi did not have an apprentice.

Before someone jumps down my throat with a "Maybe they gave him a padawan out of desperation" I'd like to remind everyone that model Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi did not have an apprentice.

I didn't think about that ...They were at war and possibly needed her to pair with a Jedi and Anakin was alogical choice because he is one of the few whoi didn't have a padawan

Anakin was going to pass her off to Obi Wan in the beginning.I think it was anothe test for Anakin to psass to be a full Jedi

I didn't think about that ...They were at war and possibly needed her to pair with a Jedi and Anakin was alogical choice because he is one of the few whoi didn't have a padawan

Anakin was going to pass her off to Obi Wan in the beginning.I think it was anothe test for Anakin to psass to be a full Jedi

You know what? Maybe you guys are right and none of this EU stuff matters.

Maybe once SW is dead and buried we'll figure it all out.

You know what? Maybe you guys are right and none of this EU stuff matters.

Maybe once SW is dead and buried we'll figure it all out.

Clone Wars is doing for Star Wars what M.A.S.H. did for the Korean war. Taking a relatively short conflict (3 years on both parts) and shoe-horning in more than what actually makes sense in sensible real-time passing. Between the comics, the original Clone Wars mini-sodes, and the new (now 3 seasons worth) of the Clone Wars it has become a "too many cooks spoil the broth" endeavor.

Honestly, I do enjoy the Clone Wars cartoon. Maybe I am a sucker for anything Star Wars. Maybe I like watching it with my son who loves it. Probably both. However, I've gotten where I take the many non-6-movie-Saga portions of Star Wars and look them in much the same way as I do with comic book characters. Batman and Superman have been around for over 70 years and everything thing the have accomplished is impossible to swallow even with a suspension of disbelief mentality. I just stop trying to make it make sense in a broad over view and enjoy or dislike it on a story-by-story basis.

Unfortunately, I haven't been too impressed with much of this season. It's just too damned boring. I don't care about inconsistencies. But I do care to be entertained.