Ok, this is it!!!!!!

rodimusconvoy21

Ok, I will put it this way: Ive been collecting Mattel goods since 200X MOTU, Justice League animated. Use to have the 80's MOTU when I was a kid and all was good about them. I collected also the Batman line in its time and I had 0 issues with those figures (think of Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Bane, etc) excellent figures, I cant complain, because at the time (think 2002 and forward) the issue was distribution.

Then I moved the Justice League animated, again excellent little figures, distribution was awful. Quality was good. Not Kenner / Hasbro good, but good. Then it came DC Superheroes (Think Batman and Superman waves) more or less more of the same, good quality, not so good distribution. I could live with that, as long as I could get a good figure.

Now, DC Universe figures. My going issue right now. I started this line because it offered me the chance to get the characters I wanted in a 6" format, line Marvel Universe. Everything was rolling as expected until wave 4. A joint stucked Batman Beyond. I had to order a 2nd one, thinking that this was a one figure issue. So the 2nd figure I got had the very same issue.

To date, Dr. Fate, Variant Martian, Batman Beyond and Raven all have the same issue.

I also suffered the Roboto fiasco, which is even worse. Is it much to ask for a better quality control???? I dont have this issue with Transformers. Is hasbro better than you, Mattel?

Is Hasbro better then Mattel at quality control? That's a big yes.

I can't think of a single QC problem I had with a Marvel Legends figure after Hasbro took over. Mattel... I was going to say that it has gotten better... but five out of seven figures I got from wave 15 had at least some small problem. These problems ranged form slightly loose bicep joint on Omac to the elbow on Batman that was all but falling off. In the fist few waves I saw a lot of problems with paint apps... and a lot of big paint splotches in odd places... often in colors that where not even part of the characters color pallet. I ordered set of wave 3 from eBay (never found anything but Hal on pegs) and had a Sinestro with a stuck wrist and white splotch, Sinestro Variant with two stuck wrist, Nightwing with a stuck bicep, Deathstroke with a stuck bicep and Hal with a stuck leg... thankfully I was able to fix all of this.

I would have said at one point it was all fixed... form wave 6 to wave 13 I had zero problems... then the QC disaster that was my case of wave 15. :)

i have the same problem sometimes. omac is the latest. i received him this morning. a little hot water can help. it will soften the plastic and you will be able to move it. it works for me most of the time. the only problem i once had was with killer moth. his belly articulation wasnt moving. i found him for a low price once and i gave it a shot to repair it. if i breack it then i can always buy a new one for cheap. i am a strong dude i must say but this figure was hard to get moved. i used a lot of force and suddenly it worked again. happy that i didnt had to pay for another. sometimes qc sucks and i can live with a lot of problems by repairing them myself. going threw all the trouble with mattel and not knowing if i get another one is just more complicated then repairing them on my own. in the case of roboto, wow that figure seemed not to have make it to the qc office at all. complaints everywhere i look, i tell ya.

One thing I've noticed with DCUC male figures:

The right-leg on the basic body-buck is mostly ALWAYS looser than the left-leg. The hinge joint at the hip pivots outwards at least 1/4-inch before "catching", and then it's tight.

Also, the mushroom peg on the right-leg is often slightly loose, with a wider gap between the pelvis and the upper-thigh.

Generally, the left-leg is fine.

I'm assuming it's a problem with the original injection-mold.

...Anyone else notice this?

Now...Stuck joints:

The best idea is to alternate between boiling and freezing. Put the joint in a cup of boiling water, and let it soften. GENTLY(!) try and move it. If it's still stuck, drop it quickly in ice-cold water, and let it harden, and then put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Rinse with COLD water, then GENTLY(!) try to move it. If it works, you'll feel it; if it's still stuck, repeat the process.

I did this with my WAVE 5 AMAZO amd ATOM, and it worked like a charm.

yeah, i opened up my tru flash last night and right away the right leg was loose in at the hip and ankle. the left arm is a little loose. a lot of my dcuc figs have loose joints. i have about 8 wwe figs and 6 of them have a loose ankle (causing them to fall forward all the time).

i'm considering opening my motuc figs but im terrified because i've heard they have loose ankles.

the price for a dcuc 2 pack is 29.99. the price for a ML 2 pack is 24.99. the price for a dcuc single is 15.99. the price for the IM2 6" figs is 12.99. yet, somehow hasbro has figured out how to have better quality. i don't mind paying the 15.99, 29.99, 20.00 (for motuc), but the quality to be fixed.

yeah, i opened up my tru flash last night and right away the right leg was loose in at the hip and ankle. the left arm is a little loose. a lot of my dcuc figs have loose joints. i have about 8 wwe figs and 6 of them have a loose ankle (causing them to fall forward all the time).

i'm considering opening my motuc figs but im terrified because i've heard they have loose ankles.

the price for a dcuc 2 pack is 29.99. the price for a ML 2 pack is 24.99. the price for a dcuc single is 15.99. the price for the IM2 6" figs is 12.99. yet, somehow hasbro has figured out how to have better quality. i don't mind paying the 15.99, 29.99, 20.00 (for motuc), but the quality to be fixed.

motuc has a lot of loose ankles i tell ya. eyeball (i mean optikk) is the worst. he is like a puppet.

• Like 1

motuc has a lot of loose ankles i tell ya. eyeball (i mean optikk) is the worst. he is like a puppet.

The MOTUC loose ankle thing is indeed annoying (happened to a couple of figures for me), but the superglue trick helps with that.

PharmV

People don't like Hasblow's Marvel Legends but in terms of quality they blow TB away.

Mattel does indeed suck in terms of QC. I believe they use a cheap plastic and that is the problem. My Raven has a stuck elbow joint so her arm is always stretched out and Omac has a loose wrist. Also a few have very tight abs, I love the figures but Mattel is a pretty terrible company in terms of QC.

People don't like Hasblow's Marvel Legends but in terms of quality they blow TB away.

right. that's why the ML 2 packs are flying off shelves. cause no one likes them. sure.

They may be flying off the shelves in your neck of the woods, but in mine, they gather dust.

I stopped collecting MARVEL LEGENDS not long after HASBRO took over. Their QC is definitely better, but everything else sucks; HASBRO's ML's can't even approach TB's in terms of sculpt or paint apps.

I've had issues with MATTEL, but I had SERIOUS issues with TB's QC, too.

Oh well...What can ya' do?

right. that's why the ML 2 packs are flying off shelves. cause no one likes them. sure.

Dude where have you been......people are constantly complaining and have been since Hasblow took over. Of course there are people who buy them but seriously are you even going to compare Haslbow to TB in terms of what the buyers prefer???

Oh and mine are still on the shelves where I am at as well.

Dude where have you been......people are constantly complaining and have been since Hasblow took over. Of course there are people who buy them but seriously are you even going to compare Haslbow to TB in terms of what the buyers prefer???

Oh and mine are still on the shelves where I am at as well.

go to the marvel section once in awhile. fans are loving the latest round of 2 packs and the one previous. people are excited about hasbro giving us more MLs.

your tru has the NEW wave of ML 2 packs just sitting on the shelf? or are you talking about the wave before?

If I'm Mattel, I know that fans eat these figures up so I crank them out fast.

If I'm Mattel, I know that this line is bought almost exclusively by collectors and there's half a chance the figures won't even be opened (making most all quality control issues moot).

If I'm Mattel and I see figure that comes off the line that's sub par, I'll just as soon package him and try to sell him anyway. Again, it may no even be opened, and if it is, and it breaks, the likely outcome is the owner will just hop online and gripe. In the meantime I have his $15 and he and everyone else will keep buying anyway. Otherwise I'd have fixed these issues with wave 2.

Just look at the smirk on the face of their mascot....you KNOW that's what he's thinking.

• Like 1

Luckily i havn't had any breakages yet but i've had a few mismatched parts, Green Lantern with two of the same arms from the wrist up to the bicep, a Black Manta with two left feet but no breakage(i had a couple TB ML/classics figs break on me though) a few super stuck joints here and there but they are usually fixed with hot water, my Raven had soem stuck joints but i got them unstuck(thankfully, her arms are so thing its scary)

As for HasBRO's MLs, they've constantly gotten better(and hell, even some figures from the earlier waves were OK) heck, i'll put the IM1 and 2 6 inch lines and the 2 packs above anything Mattel's done(Hasbro also has female faces down much better now then Mattel)

Most of the yellow star on the back of the cape of my Golden Age Starman rubbed off the first time I handled it. Why even bother to put it on there if the paint used is so cheap it just falls off. But, to be fair, I think that's the only quality control problem I've had with Wave 15.