DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

of course it would have to be for me to break my "Never give money to Matty Collector for anything . . . ever," rule.

A lot of fanboys have that rule. Of course in each case "ever" translates into "well, until they make something I really want, I mean".

It's like they say, "You don't throw out the baby with the bath-water."

stopped off at my comic book store to see what they had....I don't buy comix anymore but I'm always buying toys from my comix dude.....he had some Batman series stuff that I was interested in but I chose this 5 pack, mainly cause I have the other 5 pack w/the bad guys, you know the set w/Owlman, Bad Superman & the like....this set was $40, the box has had it but I had to have it in my collection....

SAM_1597_zpsaeec6b5a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

stopped off at my comic book store to see what they had....I don't buy comix anymore but I'm always buying toys from my comix dude.....he had some Batman series stuff that I was interested in but I chose this 5 pack, mainly cause I have the other 5 pack w/the bad guys, you know the set w/Owlman, Bad Superman & the like....this set was $40, the box has had it but I had to have it in my collection....

SAM_1597_zpsaeec6b5a.jpg

Man I went crazy with these picking them up for people. spent 300 easy. But I was able to make a variant of this set with the black catwoman, black and white coat two face,blue and gray batman,short hair superman, and well lex is still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the Multiverse Penguin. This is the first Multiverse figure I've bought and opened up, not disappointed. If you collected the Kenner movie figures back in the day and were always disappointed that you got a Superpowers Penguin in a black suit instead of a movie version of the Penguin, you need to track this guy down. He fits in perfectly.

2014-07-29202343_zps069843de.jpg

2014-07-29202510_zpsbe3807fc.jpg

2014-07-29202840_zpsa2e578c7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to amazon and got some Arkham figures, buying as if I have room for more Batman stuff. I picked up Origins Batman, City Talia and the two back with City Harley and the one armed Joker goon (really like the look of that guy with the tattoos and huge hammer). I've had my eye on all of these for a while. Got them all for $50 shipped.

I wasn't going to do...not in another scale...but I went to K-Mart tonite and saw the dc Multiverse 4" Chris Reeve Superman, DeVito Penguin, and Pfeifer Catwoman. Bought em all along with the Keaton Batman.

Also...K-mart had them for $8.99 each.

COULD NOT RESIST.

10250181_10101338876557784_1458158273128919155_n.jpg?oh=c5b4b3e7e6d5a92037763ae1df8a111d&oe=546367DB

Great Haul.....I'm a sucker for some vintage action...so far I've gotten a Superreeves, Keatman & Zod....I've passed on Oswald & the rest however the other day I did see a Target had these figs at $7 bux?.....I'm not sure I was seeing things or what.....I had a Mr. Freeze in my hands but they had some register problems & had a huge line so I left instead......I really want a Freeze & Azrael but I'm on the fence w/them....as bad as I hated Deadshot he's not warming any pegs here......usually the figs I find now are Zod or Freeze.....

• 2 weeks later...

got Outlaws Red Hood off of amazon warehouse deals...$16 in a damaged box. Love everything about the figure except those darn blades.

I don't like Red Hood. I strictly believe Jason Todd should remain dead. He serves a purpose being dead. Alive, he's just another one of four ex-Robins running around (I count Stephanie Brown even though DC doesn't). The real kicker is every so often they'll refer back to Jason's "death" and the toll it still takes on Batman. Only problem is...ummm...HE'S NOT DEAD anymore, is he?

I bought that figure too. UGH!! I only did it because I had this vision in my mind of displaying New 52 Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, and Damian Robin all in a row.

My haul from Amazon came in. I have maybe 10 Batman figures and this Arkham Origins version might be one of the best of all time. Amazing detail, paint aps, and articulation. I think this and the sleeper Batman from Mattel's DC Superheroes line with that big cloth cape may be my two favorites.

Then there's the New 52 Supergirl that I picked up this past week as well. If you look you can find one that's not cockeyed, I did.

Keep watching for me complaining about how I have no more space for toys...

• 1 month later...

Just received my Mr. Mxyzptlk figure from the DCUC Super Powers 30th Anniversary send-off set. With the brown Kalibak CnC piece. Mxy is a crucial character for me, even if he's always been a "gag" character or imp. It's Mxy! Gotta have it.

Probably will get the rest of the Super Powers 30th set cause I'm a closet completist and wanna build that brown Kalibak.

Mxy has limited articulation but the face sculpt is dynamite. Definitely looks good on the shelf with the collection!

• 3 weeks later...

I was perusing around the interweb & lo & behold I found a pretty good deal....I think anyway......if your a Batman 66' Classics Fan, Wallyworld has the 66' Batmobile on markdown to $20.....I bought one of these for my GF when they were still $60 if you could find them at the time.....here's the link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Batmobile-Vehicle/30154602

batman.gifbatman.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

JUST received the final release of the Marty Collector's Club, for DCUC: Damian Wayne Robin.

Kinda love it! He comes with a cool Batarang. My only gripe is he's on the same body as Tim Drake Robin, and I wish Tim was a little bigger than Damian. But you can't win them all, and we have Red Robin for help in the evolution of all the Robins.

I might like the Damian costume best out of all the Robin costumes released under DCUC. Cape is really cool too, but wish we got a "hood up" alternate packed in with it.

• 1 month later...

Scored an Neca Bat-Keaton or Beaton....at TRU on sunday....I've been searching hi & low for Beaton or Keatman for awhile now.....all I've found is the funky colored video-game Beaton all over....that thing is warming pegs & scorching the shelves....even Video-game Predator is no-where to be found....& something even more disturbing is that all the World War Z figs that were clearance down to $7 are gone......can't splain that one....I paid what I would consider $5 too much for a fig ($25) I might never open so there's that.....I was beginning to loose hope that I wouldn't find Keatman.......now we need a Nicholson Joker

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you all sitting down for this? In a fit of nostalgia (or lunacy...I'm not sure which yet) (lol), I bought a bunch of old Kenner DC figures on eBay. I've been craving some old school Kenner figures lately, so I bought the Man of Steel Laser Superman and Steel figures, the Total Justice Superman and Parallax, the JLA Green Lantern, Red and Blue Superman figures, Martian Manhunter, and Batman. I also got some...wait for it...Batman & Robin figures. Yes...Batman & Robin. (lol) I got Poison Ivey, Ice Attack Mr. Freeze, Bane, Quick Change Bruce Wayne/Batman, and the Batman/Bane, Poison Ivey/Robin two-packs. I was surprised at how much nicer and detailed these figures are in-hand than I ever gave them credit for.

Are you all sitting down for this? In a fit of nostalgia (or lunacy...I'm not sure which yet) (lol), I bought a bunch of old Kenner DC figures on eBay. I've been craving some old school Kenner figures lately, so I bought the Man of Steel Laser Superman and Steel figures, the Total Justice Superman and Parallax, the JLA Green Lantern, Red and Blue Superman figures, Martian Manhunter, and Batman. I also got some...wait for it...Batman & Robin figures. Yes...Batman & Robin. (lol) I got Poison Ivey, Ice Attack Mr. Freeze, Bane, Quick Change Bruce Wayne/Batman, and the Batman/Bane, Poison Ivey/Robin two-packs. I was surprised at how much nicer and detailed these figures are in-hand than I ever gave them credit for.

Oh, I have a Kenner display going right now. Mainly Animated Series and Batman Returns/The Dark Knight Collection stuff, but I'm not above getting a Schumacker movie figure in there too. I have the Forever Robin and Ah-Nud Mr. Freeze, might be the same one you have. I always thought the Bane from that line looked cool to.

Half the modern collectors will scoff at stuff like this for the low articulation. I still like them and if you keep your eyes open you can find them cheap.