DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

Ordered the Batman/Robin 2-pack, Riddler, Joker, Catwoman & Penguin from Amazon for $33.02 total late last week.

I took advantage of that sale as well. I saved huge!

I was originally looking to by one of those Figuarts Power Rangers that are regularly priced at an outrageous $40. Well, after stalking amazon for quite a while I noticed they dropped the price to a somewhat outrageous $30. I was almost sold, then I just happened to notice 66 Riddler for $5. Then Joker for $5, Penguin for $8, Catwoman for $10, and the Batman and Robin 2 pack ($35 at TRU) for $17. Then there was the free shipping. Then the real kicker, if I applied for an amazon card, I'd get $30 off my order. I went into bargain shopping housewife mode and went all in. When it was all over, I got 7 figures for $46 shipped.

At first I was not going to bite on those 66 Batman figures. But with that Power Ranger originally being $40 alone, you can look at it as me getting almost the complete set for free.

Ordered the Batman/Robin 2-pack, Riddler, Joker, Catwoman & Penguin from Amazon for $33.02 total late last week.

I was originally looking to by one of those Figuarts Power Rangers that are regularly priced at an outrageous $40. Well, after stalking amazon for quite a while I noticed they dropped the price to a somewhat outrageous $30. I was almost sold, then I just happened to notice 66 Riddler for $5. Then Joker for $5, Penguin for $8, Catwoman for $10, and the Batman and Robin 2 pack ($35 at TRU) for $17. Then there was the free shipping. Then the real kicker, if I applied for an amazon card, I'd get $30 off my order. I went into bargain shopping housewife mode and went all in. When it was all over, I got 7 figures for $46 shipped.

At first I was not going to bite on those 66 Batman figures. But with that Power Ranger originally being $40 alone, you can look at it as me getting almost the complete set for free.

I purchased the BM/Robin 2 pack off of TRU's website a month ago.....when they had a "sale"....so I saw Amazon dropped the priced down to $13! I had to bite & I picked up the rest of the gang as well.....I wished I had waited on the Riddler he dropped off in price too I bought him last week when he was $8 but over the weekend he was like $5, butt I'm still good I read the return policy on the TRU invoice & I can return it to a local TRU if I want to go that route....I even snagged up the "Add-On" SW Black Series Darth Vader for $4 sahhhweett deals.....this year was a downer, cause Amazon came with some fairly decent deals, after I had made some early in the year purchases.....I should have waited doh.....@homer@ Dark Superman MovieMasters for $5! tooo I bought mine for just a few bux off online awhile ago now I wish I had waited.....my brother shared his prime membership w/me so I got free shipping on my recent purchases, very cool of him Last week some of those Power Rangers (I think it was the Pink, White, & Red ranger?) figs dropped to $20 during their flash sale too, I'm not a huge fan so I passed. Even the Beware the Batman & Vampire Batman dropped down to $6 as well.....looks like Amazon got some of the cash I was saving for the Cyber Mattysale I didn't spend any $ on.....congrats man.....I wish they would put the 66 Batmobile up for a flash sale now & I would call it quits....the cool part is this small Batman collection is all for my GF for Xmas she really digs the 66' Batmin line, we were at TRU & saw Riddler & Penguin & she freeked out but they were $21 so I put them back & made that mental note for Xmas.....now I have to find time to wrap those bad boys...

I purchased the 2 BM/Robin 2 pack off of TRU's website a month ago.....when they had a "sale"....so I saw Amazon dropped the priced down to $13! I had to bite & I picked up the rest of the gang as well.....I wished I had waited on the Riddler he dropped off in price too I bought him last week when he was $8 but over the weekend he was like $5, butt I'm still good I read the return policy on the TRU invoice & I can return it to a local TRU if I want to go that route....I even snagged up the "Add-On" SW Black Series Darth Vader for $4 sahhhweett deals.....this year was a downer, cause Amazon came with some fairly decent deals, after I had made some early in the year purchases.....I should have waited doh.....@homer@ Dark Superman MovieMasters for $5! tooo I bought mine for just a few bux off online awhile ago now I wish I had waited.....my brother shared his prime membership w/me so I got free shipping on my recent purchases, very cool of him Last week some of those Power Rangers (I think it was the Pink, White, & Red ranger?) figs dropped to $20 during their flash sale too, I'm not a huge fan so I passed. Even the Beware the Batman & Vampire Batman dropped down to $6 as well.....looks like Amazon got some of the cash I was saving for the Cyber Mattysale I didn't spend any $ on.....congrats man.....I wish they would put the 66 Batmobile up for a flash sale now & I would call it quits....the cool part is this small Batman collection is all for my GF for Xmas she really digs the 66' Batmin line, we were at TRU & saw Riddler & Penguin & she freeked out but they were $21 so I put them back & made that mental note for Xmas.....now I have to find time to wrap those bad boys...

I was hoping you wouldn't read this after I turned you down for buying that GI Joe from you last week sighting "saving money for Christmas".....then I go nuts on amazon :( Sorry, man. My lack of self control is not surprising to me.

I purchased the 2 BM/Robin 2 pack off of TRU's website a month ago.....when they had a "sale"....so I saw Amazon dropped the priced down to $13! I had to bite & I picked up the rest of the gang as well.....I wished I had waited on the Riddler he dropped off in price too I bought him last week when he was $8 but over the weekend he was like $5, butt I'm still good I read the return policy on the TRU invoice & I can return it to a local TRU if I want to go that route....I even snagged up the "Add-On" SW Black Series Darth Vader for $4 sahhhweett deals.....this year was a downer, cause Amazon came with some fairly decent deals, after I had made some early in the year purchases.....I should have waited doh.....@homer@ Dark Superman MovieMasters for $5! tooo I bought mine for just a few bux off online awhile ago now I wish I had waited.....my brother shared his prime membership w/me so I got free shipping on my recent purchases, very cool of him Last week some of those Power Rangers (I think it was the Pink, White, & Red ranger?) figs dropped to $20 during their flash sale too, I'm not a huge fan so I passed. Even the Beware the Batman & Vampire Batman dropped down to $6 as well.....looks like Amazon got some of the cash I was saving for the Cyber Mattysale I didn't spend any $ on.....congrats man.....I wish they would put the 66 Batmobile up for a flash sale now & I would call it quits....the cool part is this small Batman collection is all for my GF for Xmas she really digs the 66' Batmin line, we were at TRU & saw Riddler & Penguin & she freeked out but they were $21 so I put them back & made that mental note for Xmas.....now I have to find time to wrap those bad boys...

I was hoping you wouldn't read this after I turned you down for buying that GI Joe from you last week sighting "saving money for Christmas".....then I go nuts on amazon :( Sorry, man. My lack of self control is not surprising to me.

No worries man, its cool believe me I'm right there with you haha I spent way too much on extras this year cause of all the sweet deals on stuff. I'm kinda relieved I didn't buy anything from Matty cause I scooped up a gang of Joes from HTS & DC figs from Amazon. As I said before I'll still hang onto Blowtorch as well he could fit in my collection its not like he's gonna break my toyshelf Crom knows I have other stuff to which I scratch my head, asking myself why did I get that? the new Robocop is one of them....I just picked him up on a whim even though I feel his articulation sux out loud....self control & collecting are a thin line at least your not out wondering the streets addicted to bad shiii....

• 2 weeks later...

I spotted these Xmas Lights @ Terget just before the big day & I was hellbent on picking some up but @ $15 a pop its a bit pricey....one store I went to had them clearanced @ %40 off on the 24th so I picked up a set.....its a short strand so I went back on the 26th and found a few more @ 50% off so I bit.....I dig em they were $7.50 after the markdown & people weren't waiting around to see them marked down further so I had to bite on that price otherwise they would've been gone....cool lights man but no Flashbth_f5e75221-363b-41be-985d-1d99fdd06900_zps40e06dfa.jpg

bought a handful of Green Lantern Movie Masters from Amazon pretty cheap...decided I needed Hector Hammond for my DC collection (even though the movie sucked, they may never get around to this guy again) and Parallax. Never saw those 2 on shelves, and by the time they hit online, Id pretty much forgotten the movie. Anyway...got a few more wierd ass GLs for the army and the hunt is on for a few more Parallax pieces

even though its a smaller figure in the 6in scale, im surprised that Hammonds suit body hasnt found any reuse by Mattel

MTT7788lg.jpg

• 2 months later...

Got an Amazon Warehouse deal on Arkham City Penguin/ Mr. Sickle for $20 (damaged box)

An Alfred figure from DC Directs Hush line is on its way from ebay (sorry, Michael Caine, youre about to be replaced)

Arkham Origins Firefly and Anarky on their way from Amazon.

Got shipping confirmations for Total Destruction Batmobile and THU Green Lantern Corps. Just waiting for them to arrive.

Sweet...gonna repaint that Batmobile? Ive got to get around to posing pics of mine. Man, it may not be a perfect fit for 6in figures in the cockpit, but it sure looks great as a display piece, painted in black and silver.

Got shipping confirmations for Total Destruction Batmobile and THU Green Lantern Corps. Just waiting for them to arrive.

Sweet...gonna repaint that Batmobile? Ive got to get around to posing pics of mine. Man, it may not be a perfect fit for 6in figures in the cockpit, but it sure looks great as a display piece, painted in black and silver.

I'm thinking about it. I saw a video by some guy who did his up in black and silver, and it looked pretty good. Then again, the blue kind of reminds me of the old Super Powers Batmobile, so I may leave it as is. In any case, I'm hearing the Total Heroes figures actually fit most of the Power Attack vehicles pretty well so I thought I'd give them a shot. If the Batmobile works out I'll go for the Batcave and Batjet next.

I got the batcave, which looks great as is for toon or silver age figures. I repainted it with silvers and blacks, though, to work with the core of my Batman 6in family

I kinda want the Blast Lane Batmobile as well...I dunno, what do you think about it? I read it fits 6in figures better than the TD one, but Im not completely sold on it. I guess one can never have too many batmobiles in the batcave, goofy looking or no.

tumblr_midwldBVbn1s2d0fgo8_r1_1280.jpg

TRU is crazy but apparently it works for them, the crazy high prices @loll@

I got my Matty Aquaman a few days ago. YOu know what he is bad ass. SO so much better than I expected. The head sculpt is amazing. The paint apps are a step up. The new pieces he has body was is amazing to me too. This is what the Matty Col DC figs should have been like years ago.... if they had been I think the sub would have easily gone through. To bad the quality goes up for the final figs...

Draven

TRU is crazy but apparently it works for them, the crazy high prices @loll@

I got my Matty Aquaman a few days ago. YOu know what he is bad ass. SO so much better than I expected. The head sculpt is amazing. The paint apps are a step up. The new pieces he has body was is amazing to me too. This is what the Matty Col DC figs should have been like years ago.... if they had been I think the sub would have easily gone through. To bad the quality goes up for the final figs...

Draven

Looking forward to my hook hand Aquaman too. Hopefully I'll have it today. Too bad I have a long day of work ahead of me and I'll probably be too tired to enjoy it when I get off. But oh well!

I should also have my Arkham Origins Deathstroke today too. This was the figure I was going to pass on because I knew I was getting the Arrow Deathstroke but when I GOT the Arrow Deathstroke, he was so cool that I thought the Arkham one would look bad @$$ next to him. So basically I'm a tool and can't say no to cool stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bought the Triforce Arkham Origins LED statue diorama off ebay to go with my Joker figures display...was a lil work to rip the static Joker off the floorboards, but sooo worth it!

also ebayed a DC Direct Secret Files Mr. Freeze.

And finally, Origins Deathstroke. He had to take a few hot water soaks to loosen joints, and I had to use pliers to free up his ab joint...other than that, great figure!

Well I found the Adam West Batmobile at TRU today and put it on layway so I figured I go across the street to my comic book shop and take advantage of the Free Comic Day sale they were having and I grabbed these fo buy one and get the secon at half price

001_zps55809066.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have seen the Johnny Quick is a beautiful action figure, DC Collectibles is killing it I mean Power Ring's lantern has articulated jaw and tentacles that kind of detailing is what I love; if only they made more classic designs can you imagine a classic Justice League line with the level of quality of this one?

Scored a Wave 3 Robin (no accessories) for $20 from a Chinese seller on ebay.....anyone have any feedback on how this usually ends up? The feedback is all over the place, most are very satisfied...but some complain of horrid defects. I messaged him for what it's worth, to try to find a good one lol.

Scored a Wave 3 Robin (no accessories) for $20 from a Chinese seller on ebay.....anyone have any feedback on how this usually ends up? The feedback is all over the place, most are very satisfied...but some complain of horrid defects. I messaged him for what it's worth, to try to find a good one lol.

Ive ordered from Chinese Ebay sellers a number of times...always a success. Might be a few, usual factory paint chips/scuffs, but the figures arrive intact. No complaints here...especially for the money I save. Just recently got DCIE Freddy Freeman from China for $13 shipped.

My recent purchase was DCIE Lead and Platinum/Tin...got a pretty decent price on them MIB, less than it would have cost from Matty. My Metal Men will finally be complete!

*edit....received an ebay purchase of a lot of 4 Batmen...Hydro-suit, Snare, Battle armor, and zip line all for 10 bucks! And all I really wanted was Hydro-suit! Time for some deep sea adventures with Aquaman!

Snagged up a Keaton Masked Batmin & Kneel before Zod-Zod....at Terget on friday no sign of Chester but the Unmasked Keaton.......left me thinking I'm glad they put a mask on him too....he looks like 14 yr old who drew their eyebrows on.....I hope this isn't indicative of the majority of Keatons that are on the way to the pegs....cause I left him there, like vicki vale should've....

batmin_zps5be7466a.jpg

the other figs I have I haven't opened yet but they looked great....I'll keep looking for another Keaton that doesn't make me want to say "I'm Batman??"....

Snagged up a Keaton Masked Batmin & Kneel before Zod-Zod....at Terget on friday no sign of Chester but the Unmasked Keaton.......left me thinking I'm glad they put a mask on him too....he looks like 14 yr old who drew their eyebrows on.....I hope this isn't indicative of the majority of Keatons that are on the way to the pegs....cause I left him there, like vicki vale should've....

batmin_zps5be7466a.jpg

the other figs I have I haven't opened yet but they looked great....I'll keep looking for another Keaton that doesn't make me want to say "I'm Batman??"....

There's no reason why that head can't just be an accessory that you switch out.

There's a good chance I'll pick up the masked Batman, Zod, Penguin, and Superman when he comes out. I'll leave unmasked Batman on the shelf in protest.

There's no reason why that head can't just be an accessory that you switch out.

I think the reason is that it's a Mattel product...and we should all expect this brand of wonderful treatment by now.

Saw the masked Bats at TRU...tempted, but 15.99...and dems sum thick bat-ears, Caped Crusader!