Wheeljack35

DC Hauls

Was in Target picking up the Thor/Valkyrie set I ordered and found the Page to Screen Flash set on sale for 23.99. Not bad, especially considering I only ever wanted the Comic Flash. The Movie Barry figure sounded good on paper, but the execution is all kinds of wrong.

I just scored the Justice League Multiverse Cyborg and Tech Suit Batman, finally allowing me to complete my Steppenwolf BAF. I never, ever complete those, so this is a rare treat...

Went to my LCS to see which copies of Action 1000 they had and found they had one case of the Clayface wave including Jessica and Two Face. They were marked up $5 each but I pulled the trigger anyway and now have a complete Clayface.

This guy in an awesome, massive piece and well worth the hunt (well.....I guess there's nothing TO hunt if they're not available at retail) but it's definitely one to keep on your radar.

Not sure if I'll keep Jessica or Two Face yet.....

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:27 AM, yojoebro82 said:

Went to my LCS to see which copies of Action 1000 they had and found they had one case of the Clayface wave including Jessica and Two Face. They were marked up $5 each but I pulled the trigger anyway and now have a complete Clayface.

This guy in an awesome, massive piece and well worth the hunt (well.....I guess there's nothing TO hunt if they're not available at retail) but it's definitely one to keep on your radar.

Up to you, but I'd keep Jessica. While not exactly an A-lister, Two-Face is one of Batman's big bads. It's a no-brainer we'll get him again in some form or fashion. Jess on the other hand is your typical SJW flash in the pan character. We won't see her again... at least in mainstream figure form.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:27 AM, yojoebro82 said:

Up to you, but I'd keep Jessica. While not exactly an A-lister, Two-Face is one of Batman's big bads. It's a no-brainer we'll get him again in some form or fashion. Jess on the other hand is your typical SJW flash in the pan character. We won't see her again... at least in mainstream figure form.

Through some plain old fashioned good luck I found Jessica Cruz at retail the other day. Wasn't looking for her but there she was so I bought her on a whim.
I agree with Mako that we aren't likely to get too many more Jessica Cruz as GL figures but beyond that this is a pretty sweet looking figure.
The sculpt is great and the figure comes nicely accessorized (for a Mattel figure). I was very surprised at how much I like this figure. 

Dropped into Walmart EARLY this morning and stumbled upon a fresh set of the Multiverse Aquaman movie figures. Grabbed 'em all, and I'm impressed. This one wave has blown away everything Multiverse has done before.

The Aquaman alone was incredible, and they only got better from there. Black Manta is ridiculously detailed! Mera... wow! Welcome to the job Mattel!

Grabbed the 12 inch Black Manta....for what they are (and the price) they are not bad.  I find myself wishing Marvel would also have the same level of poseability.  I may need to find some weapons for him 

I picked up a Mr. Mxyzptlk from the Super Powers line at Gamestop today. This guy is nothing but an accessory with zero points of articulation and was originally priced by Mattel at an insulting $30. Well, Gamestop had him priced at $14 and he's been there for many months (I first saw him there this past summer). Better, but still not good enough. I was in today for some Marvel Legends and saw him still there. With their current action figure sale, I got this guy for $8. Nice!

Was in Target yesterday and stumbled upon a nice selection of DCM Clayface Series figures including. . . Jessica Cruz. Granted, its only at this one Target, but that means I've consistently been able to find an entire CURRENT series of DC Multiverse figures within a couple of miles of my house.

That's it then. Multiverse is going back on my "Active Collect" list.

I got my early Christmas present from my wife: Hot Toys BvS Wonder Woman. I LOVE this piece! I agonized a long time over this one or the Justice League version comparing youtube video after youtube video of the two. Originally I was going to go with the JL version. But I came upon one video that had close ups of both their heads and darned if I didn't think the BvS was slightly better....a little more accurate to Gal Gadot. My wife looked at the video too and she confirmed it. I went with the BvS. Luckily one LCS still had one in stock and I got $25 off sticker price for it. In hand, this thing is awesome and I'm completely happy with it. My fantasy cinematic Big Three is now complete. Now I just need to decide if she displays with them or my other Wonder Woman figures? Hmmmmm.......

izxfgPk.jpg

A4BbW4t.jpg

First action figure of the year has been bought, and that honor goes to . . . DC Multiverse The Ray. (Technically, that honor ALSO goes to the WWE Ronda Rousey which I bought at the same time, but this IS a DC thread.)

Also ordered the Rebirth Wonder Woman off BBTS, meaning I need only Vixen and Gaslight Batman to finish the wave. Man, my wallet is going to come to appreciate these truncated Multiverse series.

Received my Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl in the mail today. WOW! I heard she was a little out of scale, but this girl is even to tall for the new Multiverse stuff.

Jeez, I would expect this crap from ToyBiz 20 years ago, but its a new game now. Mattel shouldn't be half-@$$in it like this.

Oh well, Spin Master, you're up.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, mako said:

Received my Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl in the mail today. WOW! I heard she was a little out of scale, but this girl is even to tall for the new Multiverse stuff.

Jeez, I would expect this crap from ToyBiz 20 years ago, but its a new game now. Mattel shouldn't be half-@$$in it like this.

Oh well, Spin Master, you're up.

All of their new stuff is just slightly out of scale with their older stuff.  That Wonder Girl is a huge letdown.  No way can I display her next to my other Titans.  I'm calling it good with Mattel.  

Also, Multiverse rings up at $10 at my Target.  Regular price, apparently.  All they have is 3/5 of the Clayface wave.  You know, the wave that came out one year ago and is just now showing up....

On 1/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, yojoebro82 said:

Also, Multiverse rings up at $10 at my Target.  Regular price, apparently.  All they have is 3/5 of the Clayface wave.  You know, the wave that came out one year ago and is just now showing up....

Believe me, I know. On the bright side, Walmart has marked the older Multiverse stuff for clearance at 9 bucks. Not much of interest, but I did get Super Friends Superman & Aquaman, as well as DKR Wonder Woman to finish Dr. Psycho.

• Like 1

Speaking of older Multiverse figures at Walmart, I stopped by one of my local stores, and they had theirs on clearance for three bucks apiece!! I was so glad I waited on getting these. A couple of years ago, my neighborhood Walmart marked their New 52 Doomsday wave down to five bucks each, but I still passed, even though I had gotten a chance to check out the DKR Armored Batman in-hand and loved it. I was actually surprised at how nice this figure turned out to be in person, after dismissing it for sporting what seemed to be a very simplified and stylized sculpt, even though I always loved the Frank-Miller-artwork-style it's based on. And I really wanted to finish building the New 52 Doomsday BAF, of course...I'm just a sucker for anything Doomsday-related. Well, I hum-halled around and let them all sell out, but I would continue to see them at all the other local Walmarts for nearly-regular price...I guess at almost twenty-bucks a pop, other stuff always took precedence. And it just seemed like most of this wave peg-warmed so hard around here...I don't know if this was  a common occurrence in other parts of the country, but it just seemed like this particular wave hung around for years...

Well anyway...I completed the set, and I finally have all the parts to build Doomsday for approximately what one figure in this wave originally cost. Now if I can just find the other BAF parts hiding somewhere in the closet... (lol)

Well, the Multiverse Super Lex wave showed up at my Target.  One full case on the pegs including Vixen.  The kicker was, they STILL rang up at $10 each.  I was going to pass on this wave, but at that price I had to bite.

WW has an ugly scuff on her face, but I guess I'll take that trade off for the price.