DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

Was in Target yesterday and stumbled upon a nice selection of DCM Clayface Series figures including. . . Jessica Cruz. Granted, its only at this one Target, but that means I've consistently been able to find an entire CURRENT series of DC Multiverse figures within a couple of miles of my house.

That's it then. Multiverse is going back on my "Active Collect" list.

• 1 month later...

I got my early Christmas present from my wife: Hot Toys BvS Wonder Woman. I LOVE this piece! I agonized a long time over this one or the Justice League version comparing youtube video after youtube video of the two. Originally I was going to go with the JL version. But I came upon one video that had close ups of both their heads and darned if I didn't think the BvS was slightly better....a little more accurate to Gal Gadot. My wife looked at the video too and she confirmed it. I went with the BvS. Luckily one LCS still had one in stock and I got $25 off sticker price for it. In hand, this thing is awesome and I'm completely happy with it. My fantasy cinematic Big Three is now complete. Now I just need to decide if she displays with them or my other Wonder Woman figures? Hmmmmm.......

izxfgPk.jpg

A4BbW4t.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

First action figure of the year has been bought, and that honor goes to . . . DC Multiverse The Ray. (Technically, that honor ALSO goes to the WWE Ronda Rousey which I bought at the same time, but this IS a DC thread.)

Also ordered the Rebirth Wonder Woman off BBTS, meaning I need only Vixen and Gaslight Batman to finish the wave. Man, my wallet is going to come to appreciate these truncated Multiverse series.

• Like 1

Received my Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl in the mail today. WOW! I heard she was a little out of scale, but this girl is even to tall for the new Multiverse stuff.

Jeez, I would expect this crap from ToyBiz 20 years ago, but its a new game now. Mattel shouldn't be half-@$$in it like this.

Oh well, Spin Master, you're up.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, mako said:

Received my Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl in the mail today. WOW! I heard she was a little out of scale, but this girl is even to tall for the new Multiverse stuff.

Jeez, I would expect this crap from ToyBiz 20 years ago, but its a new game now. Mattel shouldn't be half-@$$in it like this.

Oh well, Spin Master, you're up.

All of their new stuff is just slightly out of scale with their older stuff.  That Wonder Girl is a huge letdown.  No way can I display her next to my other Titans.  I'm calling it good with Mattel.  

Also, Multiverse rings up at $10 at my Target.  Regular price, apparently.  All they have is 3/5 of the Clayface wave.  You know, the wave that came out one year ago and is just now showing up....

On 1/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, yojoebro82 said:

Also, Multiverse rings up at $10 at my Target.  Regular price, apparently.  All they have is 3/5 of the Clayface wave.  You know, the wave that came out one year ago and is just now showing up....

Believe me, I know. On the bright side, Walmart has marked the older Multiverse stuff for clearance at 9 bucks. Not much of interest, but I did get Super Friends Superman & Aquaman, as well as DKR Wonder Woman to finish Dr. Psycho.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of older Multiverse figures at Walmart, I stopped by one of my local stores, and they had theirs on clearance for three bucks apiece!! I was so glad I waited on getting these. A couple of years ago, my neighborhood Walmart marked their New 52 Doomsday wave down to five bucks each, but I still passed, even though I had gotten a chance to check out the DKR Armored Batman in-hand and loved it. I was actually surprised at how nice this figure turned out to be in person, after dismissing it for sporting what seemed to be a very simplified and stylized sculpt, even though I always loved the Frank-Miller-artwork-style it's based on. And I really wanted to finish building the New 52 Doomsday BAF, of course...I'm just a sucker for anything Doomsday-related. Well, I hum-halled around and let them all sell out, but I would continue to see them at all the other local Walmarts for nearly-regular price...I guess at almost twenty-bucks a pop, other stuff always took precedence. And it just seemed like most of this wave peg-warmed so hard around here...I don't know if this was  a common occurrence in other parts of the country, but it just seemed like this particular wave hung around for years...

Well anyway...I completed the set, and I finally have all the parts to build Doomsday for approximately what one figure in this wave originally cost. Now if I can just find the other BAF parts hiding somewhere in the closet... (lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Multiverse Super Lex wave showed up at my Target.  One full case on the pegs including Vixen.  The kicker was, they STILL rang up at $10 each.  I was going to pass on this wave, but at that price I had to bite.

WW has an ugly scuff on her face, but I guess I'll take that trade off for the price.

• 6 months later...

Got back from vacation last night to find a Rebirth Two-Face waiting on my kitchen table.(thanks to my mother-in-law for bringing in my mail and watering my plants). I really like this figure with the additional hands with both sides of the coin for posing.

Then I made a quick stop in Walmart on the way home from the gym this morning and found the new CnC Killer Croc wave. I only picked up Red Hood because the right side of all the boxes were crushed in. I asked but they weren’t offering enough of a discount to justify buy possibly broken figures. I could see Alfred was broken so I didn’t even try there.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to find Alfred and K.G.Beast separately this weekend, thus completing the WAAAAY over-sized Killer Croc. Now it's just a matter of tracking down the last two figures in the '89 Tribute series, ordering the Lobo series, and cherry picking the Ninja-Bat series.

It's just so typical of Mattel that the first line to reach complete saturation since the Suicide Squad movie line also happens to be the last series the company is doing.

Guess that's why it IS their last one..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now that "Big Mac" has the keys to the store, I'm trying to snap up as many of the DC Multiverse figures as I can. The Ray should arrive today, with Rebirth Superman, Vixen, Wally West Flash and Kyle Rayner arriving tomorrow, all from Amazon.

Grabbed all the Killer Croc series but Alfred from Walmart for 11 bucks a pop, and picked up Rebirth Wonder Woman, also from Amazon.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:41 AM, mako said:

First action figure of the year has been bought, and that honor goes to . . . DC Multiverse The Ray. (Technically, that honor ALSO goes to the WWE Ronda Rousey which I bought at the same time, but this IS a DC thread.)

Also ordered the Rebirth Wonder Woman off BBTS, meaning I need only Vixen and Gaslight Batman to finish the wave. Man, my wallet is going to come to appreciate these truncated Multiverse series.

That Ray figure was the last figure I bought in 2019 and my Christmas present

Also, you bought The Ray on Jan 5 2019 and in your post above you said it should arrive today? 😳

38 minutes ago, SubZero said:

That Ray figure was the last figure I bought in 2019 and my Christmas present

Also, you bought The Ray on Jan 5 2019 and in your post above you said it should arrive today? 😳

Shipping's a pain in the butt right?

No, seriously, I sold off that original Ray along with several other of my DC figures some time back. However, I decided I just couldn't let the Mattel line go without adding as many as I could back into my permanent collection. What can I say? Neither McFarlane NOR Spin Masters look like they're gonna do it for me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

As I said above, MacFarlane and Spin Masters just aren't getting it done for me, and I was never really happy with the majority of the Mattel Multiverse figures, so I made the conscious decision to go back to the source. After selling off my entire DCUC collection back in mid-late 2018-early 2019, I decided to get the band back together.

After only a bit more than a week and a half, I've gotten farther, faster, and for less than I would've thought I would.

So far, the new collection consists of the Multiverse Super Friends tribute figures of Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, original DCUCs Wonder Woman, the Flash, Hawkman, Cyborg, Samurai, Nightwing, and DCSH Red and Blue Supergirl who I'd already bought a few months ago. Ronnie/Stein Firestorm is on the way from Ebay, but has been delayed in the mail, and the Adam Strange & Starfire 2-pack should be delivered Thursday.

I've got a bid in on a Zatanna, and assuming I win that, my next target will probably be Black Canary or Green Arrow.

Still looking for a decent price on Captain Atom, and of course my Holy Grail piece will be a complete SDCC Plastic Man. That'll run a pretty decent chunk o' change, but if it's in good enough shape, I'll spend the penny.

It's weird, I'm actually more jazzed for this little quest than I have been for anything Hasbro's announced for ML or Neca's announced for Turtles. Guess I just never realized how much I missed buying DC action figures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mako said:

As I said above, MacFarlane and Spin Masters just aren't getting it done for me, and I was never really happy with the majority of the Mattel Multiverse figures, so I made the conscious decision to go back to the source. After selling off my entire DCUC collection back in mid-late 2018-early 2019, I decided to get the band back together.

After only a bit more than a week and a half, I've gotten farther, faster, and for less than I would've thought I would.

So far, the new collection consists of the Multiverse Super Friends tribute figures of Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, original DCUCs Wonder Woman, the Flash, Hawkman, Cyborg, Samurai, Nightwing, and DCSH Red and Blue Supergirl who I'd already bought a few months ago. Ronnie/Stein Firestorm is on the way from Ebay, but has been delayed in the mail, and the Adam Strange & Starfire 2-pack should be delivered Thursday.

I've got a bid in on a Zatanna, and assuming I win that, my next target will probably be Black Canary or Green Arrow.

Still looking for a decent price on Captain Atom, and of course my Holy Grail piece will be a complete SDCC Plastic Man. That'll run a pretty decent chunk o' change, but if it's in good enough shape, I'll spend the penny.

It's weird, I'm actually more jazzed for this little quest than I have been for anything Hasbro's announced for ML or Neca's announced for Turtles. Guess I just never realized how much I missed buying DC action figures.

DCUC Zatanna, right? If you don't win the auction, I've got one MIP for $30 + shipping

Adam Strange and Starfire just arrived from Amazon. God, I still love that Adam Strange figure.

Had to perform a little hot and cold therapy to straighten out Starfire's warped right leg. Anxious to see if it takes, since by my calculations, the figure had been in that position for just over a decade.

• 4 months later...

The Snyder Cut of Justice League has driven up the price of that Movie Masters black suit Superman, but I found a guy that sold me one for under $20.  I think the League looks good.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/suTVY4b.jpg[/img]

.....and doesn't look like my link is working.  I guess you'll have to trust me.