DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

Found a DCUC Lightray at a LCS for $8. There are a couple on ebay being held for ransom at $80ish. The reason mine was so low is most likely because he suffers from a case of severe yellowing...just like your vintage Stormtroopers and Storm Shadows. I think I'm just going to spray paint him white. We'll see how this turns out.

Had fifteen bucks worth of TRU rewards that expire in October (five of it Monday), so while I was out having lunch with my sister yesterday I dropped into the nearby TRU and used 'em to snag a Damian Wayne Robin.

Saw the Batman and Cyborg Walmart JL exclusives later that afternoon, but wasn't ready to pull the trigger just yet.

I saw those too, mako...I remember the Cyborg I saw at TRU had a regular head though, and the Walmart one was armored like you see in the trailer where he goes full-on "Iron Man", flying up in the cloudy atmosphere, and his face is covered by armor. Love the darker Batman, love Aquaman's new battle suit, and Flash looks so sweet...I gotta have 'em all.

Had fifteen bucks worth of TRU rewards that expire in October (five of it Monday), so while I was out having lunch with my sister yesterday I dropped into the nearby TRU and used 'em to snag a Damian Wayne Robin.

Saw the Batman and Cyborg Walmart JL exclusives later that afternoon, but wasn't ready to pull the trigger just yet.

I saw those too, mako...I remember the Cyborg I saw at TRU had a regular head though, and the Walmart one was armored like you see in the trailer where he goes full-on "Iron Man", flying up in the cloudy atmosphere, and his face is covered by armor. Love the darker Batman, love Aquaman's new battle suit, and Flash looks so sweet...I gotta have 'em all.

Yeah, I was lucky and scored the entire regular retail wave at TRU a month back. Love the soft-goods capes on Bats and Superman, but Flash seems a little to big. It's by no means a deal killer though.

Can't wait for Mera and the Parademon.

• 1 month later...

Was in Target tonight picking up some stuff for my sister (the one who hooks me up with the Walgreens exclusives) and came close to pulling the trigger on the Page to Screen Flash set. Unfortunately, I still have the Defenders set to secure, so I'll have to wait on Barry and Barry for a minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my brother's Christmas present off Amazon. Of course, with a ten dollar reward from ordering the Defenders set burning a hole in my pocket, I couldn't resist ordering a DC Multiverse Mera for myself (7 bucks for a DC Multiverse figure ain't bad).

Remember about 10 years ago when Mattel orchestrated a fan frenzy with their Zan and Jayna exclusive by only including that Gleek accessory with SOME sets but not ALL? Man, people were selling their own grandmas for that stupid little monkey.

Well fast forward to today and I guess that frenzy has died down like all frenzies tend to do. I picked up Zan, Jayna AND Gleek from the LCS on black Friday for a pretty good deal. I was not looking to get these guys but I thought the price was too good to pass on. A neat little addition to my DCUC collection which is getting to be about as complete as I want to make it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mera figure arrived this afternoon. Nice figure, but I find myself wishing the Has' would lone out their face-printing tech.

Hasbro's quality with these $20 retail toys is unmatched. They really are far superior to Mattel. That's not to say I hate Mattel. I like them well enough and considering the alternatives (high end imports or DC Collectibles which has no idea how to run a toy company) I'll take Mattel. And I like that Mera figure even though I can imagine Hasbro's digital painting blowing it clean out of the water.

Still, every once in a while someone floats around the fantasy of Hasbro buying Mattel or Hasbro doing DC figures. If that were to ever happen there would be a toy aisle renaissance. EVERYONE would be buying every figure.

It's been a little over a week ago, and I've not opened them yet, but I scored the JL Superman, both versions of Aquaman (I didn't even know about the "no-shirt-no-shoes" TRU exclusive version and got it by accident...), and Flash. I'd still really like to see the movie...

Oh, and I almost forgot...I also found the BvS Lex Luthor in his prison garb, along with the DKR Mutant Leader at a local Ross...before I initially didn't have a real interest in either of these figures outside of the fact they help me build the Doomsday BAF, but I was truly impressed with each one once I opened them and had them in hand, especially the Mutant Leader. I've always loved the Dark Knight Returns story, but this figure just looked kinda generic and featureless in the package to me whenever I saw it in stores...the same goes for the Armored Batman from this line. I would later check him out in person when one of my students brought one to school to show me one day last year, and I absolutely loved it. (Still don't have him, though, surprisingly...) Even though this figure used the MOTU torso and arms, it makes perfect sense for the character. It's just a much better figure than I ever gave it credit for. The Lex Luthor is what it is...a version of a character that most fans are torn over or indifferent about...personally I can't seem to decide. Most of the time I liked his portrayal, and I like the bald look he finally sports at the end of the film that we're all familiar with, but for what it is, it's a very nice figure...the sculpt of the actor is uncanny.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...which Superman is that standing on the Batmobile? Is it the Mattel JL one, or perhaps Figuarts?

Both Batman and Superman are the Mezco versions. I made a thread singing the praises of those two figures but no one else was on board with me :)

The Mattel tactical suit Batman will end up being my main driver for this thing but everyone else and their mother who owns this Batmobile and these two figures were doing this shot so I thought I would too. Everyone else on my JL team is a Mattel version and they all fit just fine into that cockpit.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw DKR Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl at Target today along with Super Powers Superman and Aquaman.

I really like the looks of Wonder Girl and Wonder Woman. I was planning to pass on both. Wonder Girl because I saw others' pics online with her towering over other DCUC Teen Titans figures, and WW because I have not read, and don't plan on reading Miller's Dark Knight Returns sequels.

Well, I bit on WW because my buddy got me the DKR Flash already so I thought I may as well take the plunge since I do like her look. And while I was at it I thought I may as well get Wonder Girl for the same reason. Plus, now I have a Dr. Psycho accesso......ummm..."BAF". (What's that? I don't own, and have never read a comic with Dr. Psycho in it? Um...never mind that!)

Super Friends figures were an easy pass. Even with the soft goods capes.

• 1 month later...

Was in Target picking up the Thor/Valkyrie set I ordered and found the Page to Screen Flash set on sale for 23.99. Not bad, especially considering I only ever wanted the Comic Flash. The Movie Barry figure sounded good on paper, but the execution is all kinds of wrong.

• 1 month later...

I just scored the Justice League Multiverse Cyborg and Tech Suit Batman, finally allowing me to complete my Steppenwolf BAF. I never, ever complete those, so this is a rare treat...

• 3 weeks later...

Went to my LCS to see which copies of Action 1000 they had and found they had one case of the Clayface wave including Jessica and Two Face. They were marked up $5 each but I pulled the trigger anyway and now have a complete Clayface.

This guy in an awesome, massive piece and well worth the hunt (well.....I guess there's nothing TO hunt if they're not available at retail) but it's definitely one to keep on your radar.

Not sure if I'll keep Jessica or Two Face yet.....

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:27 AM, yojoebro82 said:

Went to my LCS to see which copies of Action 1000 they had and found they had one case of the Clayface wave including Jessica and Two Face. They were marked up $5 each but I pulled the trigger anyway and now have a complete Clayface.

This guy in an awesome, massive piece and well worth the hunt (well.....I guess there's nothing TO hunt if they're not available at retail) but it's definitely one to keep on your radar.

Up to you, but I'd keep Jessica. While not exactly an A-lister, Two-Face is one of Batman's big bads. It's a no-brainer we'll get him again in some form or fashion. Jess on the other hand is your typical SJW flash in the pan character. We won't see her again... at least in mainstream figure form.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:27 AM, yojoebro82 said:

Up to you, but I'd keep Jessica. While not exactly an A-lister, Two-Face is one of Batman's big bads. It's a no-brainer we'll get him again in some form or fashion. Jess on the other hand is your typical SJW flash in the pan character. We won't see her again... at least in mainstream figure form.

Through some plain old fashioned good luck I found Jessica Cruz at retail the other day. Wasn't looking for her but there she was so I bought her on a whim.
I agree with Mako that we aren't likely to get too many more Jessica Cruz as GL figures but beyond that this is a pretty sweet looking figure.
The sculpt is great and the figure comes nicely accessorized (for a Mattel figure). I was very surprised at how much I like this figure. 

• 2 months later...

Dropped into Walmart EARLY this morning and stumbled upon a fresh set of the Multiverse Aquaman movie figures. Grabbed 'em all, and I'm impressed. This one wave has blown away everything Multiverse has done before.

The Aquaman alone was incredible, and they only got better from there. Black Manta is ridiculously detailed! Mera... wow! Welcome to the job Mattel!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked up a Mr. Mxyzptlk from the Super Powers line at Gamestop today. This guy is nothing but an accessory with zero points of articulation and was originally priced by Mattel at an insulting $30. Well, Gamestop had him priced at $14 and he's been there for many months (I first saw him there this past summer). Better, but still not good enough. I was in today for some Marvel Legends and saw him still there. With their current action figure sale, I got this guy for $8. Nice!