DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

Hey...I found a Multiverse Arkham City Catwoman for $2.99 at a local Walgreens earlier this evening. This was my very first 4" Multiverse figure...she sports a v-crotch unfortunately, but I was really impressed with overall quality. Nice paint, great details, and decent articulation. Kinda wished I'd paid more attention to these sooner when they were more available...

Hey...I found a Multiverse Arkham City Catwoman for $2.99 at a local Walgreens earlier this evening. This was my very first 4" Multiverse figure...she sports a v-crotch unfortunately, but I was really impressed with overall quality. Nice paint, great details, and decent articulation. Kinda wished I'd paid more attention to these sooner when they were more available...

I was at WG's all weekend hunting for Punisher...saw quite a few of these on clearance...the Catwoman you mentioned. About 2 weeks ago Target was clearing these figs out, almost the same price $4, Joker, Harley, Catwoman, Two Face, Scarecrow, maybe 1 or 2 Batman's.....I snagged up Reeves Superman when it was 1st out.....I passed the Burton bad guys, Oswald & Selena but I think I may have even bought an Keaton Batman or Keatman...his face is too fugly for radio....imop this line could've been a contender but they were racked w/QC issues....the proportions of Batman's head was always off to me....they had some great character choices but the execution was almost as bad as the Jazzwear's 4" Mortal Combat line for some of the DC figs....the bigger playsets are at Burlington Coat Factory & DD's...I've spotted the Killer Croc set a few times....in Other News-my sister went to an thrift store & bought a little haul of Marvel & DC figs for my nephew...he's 3 & I've gotten him some cool stuff....I forgot to include it in my Yard Sale finds but I found him an Imaginenext set...it was the giant-as$ Batman Lair w/an Joker Tank & little Batcycle w/Batman, Joker for $1! I had to ask the lady 2x, how much cause the 1st time I didn't believe her....I dropped it off & never really heard any feedback....I guess he loves the damned thing...haha...he stopped using my nieces Frozen Castle as his Batcave...he's really into Batman & Spiderman...my sis caught him adding an Barbie into the mix of his heroes & she asked him who Barbie was? he said it was Batman's mom..... @bats@

I think people around my area must have caught wind of these $5 DC figures. My Wamarts are empty of everything but left over DKR Batman and Superman figures. I may have missed out on this one.

Yeah same here, I have gone to 2 Walmarts and the Supes is the only one on $5 they had left. Hopefully the same thing happens to the Suicide Squad ones, Rick Flag and the Deadshot of Bel-Air would make great henchmen.

• 2 weeks later...

This is for Devilbat and his Hasbro-lovin self. I found a vac-chrome Mr. Freeze that I didn't even know they made until now. Easily the best representation of how he looks in the actual movie. Along with the Poison Ivy that I finally picked up for dirt cheep, a Batgirl that could have been saved if she looked anything like Alicia Silverstone, and Chris O'Donnell who is feeling a bit jilted in this pic.

The ladies just love Ah-Nud's muscles.

2016-09-01%2017.50.01_zpsguxhlcz9.jpg

If I can score a B&R Bane, I'll call my Schumacker Bat collection complete.

• Like 1

Ahh...that's awesome my friend. It's nice that someone thinks of me when they think of Kenner Batman figures... (lol)

I love that Mr. Freeze...didn't it come in a two-pack with Batman? I don't have them yet myself.

Robin looks great...I need him also. Hey Joe...I was checking some of my Batman figures out the other night, and I noticed that the Poison Ivy you have there is actually translucent. It's just barely noticeable when you hold her up to a light. I wasn't aware of that...now I know how they achieved the cool shimmering effect her costume seems to have. I don't think I've ever seen a translucent figure so dark that it looks like solid plastic. It makes a figure I already loved even cooler...

BTW, which Robin is that, incidentally? Is that the "Quick Change" version? Looks sweet...

It's Skyboard Robin with an Animated Series Robin cape. More "movie accurate" with the two-color cape.

Another big plus for the Mr. Freeze is the fact that his gun is a decent size and is somewhat movie accurate . Rather than a huge, spring-loaded rocket launcher that he can barely hold. Yeah, I like this figure. Too bad Ah-Nud was a terrible miscast for the character, but oh well. That was almost 20 years ago. I'm over it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just sitting here looking at my DOJ Ultimate Batcave. This is the real deal brothers and sisters. When ole' Mako can plop down 107 and change and have no regrets, you KNOW it has to be something special!

Holy Carp Mako!....I just looked that badboy up online....that's an Batcave & 1/2!.....Very Cool....

Haven't bought new DC figs in ages... BUT I scored a DCUC Hawkgirl/Gentleman Ghost 2 pack for pretty cheap on ebay the other day! Gentleman Jim Craddock was finally affordable!

Recently gotten into the CW Flash show and I'm absolutely loving it! So I decided to grab myself a Captain Cold and Reverse Flash by DCC. That said, I ended up modding both so my Cold has his hood down (since he practically has it down 90% of the time in the show) while also repainting RF's eyes so it looks like they're glowing red. I'm definitely looking forward to getting Flash and Zoom though, and I'd love it if they ever made a Vibe/Reverb and Killer Frost as stand-ins for Cisco and Caitlin (I need to complete my science team after all!).

post-42454-0-17529700-1475012747_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pardon the double-post but I recently got the DCUC Black Manta and decided to post it here since I didn't think it deserved its own thread in the custom section.

post-42454-0-48238400-1477888743_thumb.jpg

post-42454-0-81717000-1477888745_thumb.jpg

While this isn't my actual full-fledged Black Manta custom (that one is still being worked), I've always wanted to get this guy so I finally decided to hunt him down along with the 2-pack that came with Aquaman. That said, I was never the biggest fan of artists depicting Black Manta with a literal trident especially since I prefer the idea of him using his own technology as a sea fairing pirate/treasure hunter, while only ever using an actual trident when he steals Aquaman's during special encounters.

Personally I always favored Alex Ross's concept of the handheld technological trident he used, which carried over to his modern design (though not nearly featured or given as much respect as it used to). In this regard I ended up modding his trident into a handheld one that can be placed in his right hand. Though it's not in the pictures, I also kept the staff part of the trident and flipped it around so he can use it as a makeshift harpoon since the tail end literally looks like one anyway. As for the rest of the figure, I repainted his helmet to have simulated "shadows" while giving his eyes a meaner look through the use of sharper/vibrant reds.

• 4 weeks later...

I scored the Batman Animated Talia, Harvey Bullock, and Ventriloquist with a Black Friday discount. The figures are all really nice. I'm particularly impressed with Bullock who's accessories are amazing!

I'm really loving this line. At the same time, I can't wait for it to end. The $3 price hike on all DCC stuff is a real turn off.

I scored Mutant Leader from Walgreens for $2 and change. Most likely a glitch exclusive to that store or I'm sure we would have heard more about it. I wish he had nipples and a belly button but......$2.

I have the Doomsday arm for trade. Looking Croc parts from Joker and Boomerang or ML Mojo parts!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to very generous pricing on Amazon, and the screw up on their end that led them to extend my 30-day Prime trial another month as compensation, I've managed to accumulate almost the entire Man of Steel Movie Masters line in less than a week. That's in spite of the midweek USPS FUBAR that delayed my Jor-El's arrival by sending it to a post office in Ohio instead of where I live in Arkansas (don't feel to bad guys, George Bush Sr. couldn't find us either). All I need is Superman w/ Kryptonian Command Key which arrives tomorrow (assuming it doesn't end up in Tupelo or God knows where).

• 3 months later...

Rumor has it that the King Shark wave is showing up in my area. However, I have yet to spot it.

There is good news though: I scored a DCUC Mirror Master on ebay that went way, way under the radar at auction. $10 shipped! Nice! My Flash rogues are looking pretty good.

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna use this as a Sightings post...I decided to hit a Tuesday Morning & spotted some Suicide Squad figs....El Diablo was a muther to find as I only saw him once....they were $10 each & I thought that was a decent buy....I passed cause I have little to no room left for stuff....If your still hunting for Suicide figs check out your Tuesday Mornings or weirdo old lady craft hobby discount non-discount stores near you....

20170527_104543_zpsiwskiqzd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool GD...I always try to hit the local Tuesday Morning store when I'm on vacation, which is in the same shopping center as Toys-R-Us. I found out this evening, however, that it had closed for good since we were here last year. I hope there might be another location nearby, or perhaps they just moved...I'd love to put together a Suicide Squad of my own, I was just never willing to spend twenty bucks a pop for any of them...

Speaking of Multiverse figures, I also went to Walmart awhile ago looking for Multiverse Wonder Woman figures. They didn't have any, but I did inexplicably find the Multiverse Batman v Superman Armored Batman, on sale for $16.98, no less. He's long since been sold out back home, and I've always wanted him. Funny enough, about this time last year when we were on vacation, I found this figure a few times, and I really wanted it pretty badly, but again I couldn't seem to bring myself to pay the twenty-dollar price these things command initially. I try to wait and find them for cheaper later. Sometimes it pays to wait, sometimes not...

I also found the BvS twelve-inch Multiverse Superman at Ross for $9.99, but I passed because he had a glob of white paint under his left eye. It was unfortunate too, because that was a great price for a figure I really wanted. Oh, well...