DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

I spotted the Superman Killing Bat-armor...designed to go toe to toe w/america's favorite alien...it was the larger version 12"? ..I never even saw these at retail but I did see the Suicide Squad Deadshot & Harley at TRU about 2 weeks ago...they were $30 apiece this was cheaper but still kinda rough looking....I'd give him an home for $7 though...but I left him at the Batcave....I did find an Wonder Woman that I gave to a friend for her Bday.....she put it up immediately...very cool...

20160729_162643_zpsjp4018yd.jpg

I figure they'd be great for the little detectives in your families...my nephew would probably dig this but he's in the hitting stage right now....he's rough on his toys....

Wow, for $12, that's a steel!

I got me some smaller multiverse 4" figures for $3 each at walgreens, couldn't pass up some cheap figures to throw on my table for local shows.

I thought so too....not to bad for under 1/2 price.....I've been seeing the last remnants of the DC universe figs...at Target they've been clearancing them down to $3, I've seen Harley,Catwoman, ScareCrow & Zod ......At Ross-TwoFace, Joker, Batman Beyond......seems a shame for a line like this....they started out pretty strong I feel but the quality was really hit & miss, so much so that I feel it killed the line...especially for $12 at retail?....they all but cut their own throat...

I've recently been bitten by the "DC-action-figures-made-by-Kenner" bug again (for some reason it always happens around this time of year), and I scored a Total Justice Fractal Armor Batman (think of it as Batman with the Witchblade armor crossed with Predator technology...that may be the single most awesome Batman image I've ever invoked) (lol). But the really cool part is that in all of my Kenner research online I also discovered some cool and obscure repaints of the Total Justice molds, and I'm not talking about those old KB Toys exclusive JLA figures...they're called DC Super Heroes, and they may have been a WB Store exclusive or something. Now I've always been a sucker for the Total Justice/JLA figures, but I had no idea these things even existed. So long story short, I also scored the DC Super Heroes Fractal Armor Batman repaint. Where the original one was black with the purplish-blue/lavender armor, this one has a metallic-blue suit with metallic gold armor. I'll try and take some pics for you guys comparing the two.

A local collectibles shop just put out some MOC Dark Knight Collection and Batman Returns stuff as well as some Toy Biz DC figures. I picked up a third Penguin Commando set for $5. The rest of that MOC stuff was tempting but I have all that I need loose already. I really like the Kenner movie Batman stuff.

Come to think of it, another comic shop has the Batman and Robin Poison Ivy MOC for $5. A sub par figure from a sub par movie, and I STILL want to buy it.

Makes perfect sense to me. I never liked the Suicide Squad concept in the comics, I didn't like them on JLU OR Smallville, I HATED them on Arrow, and I have no intention of seeing the movie . . . but I tracked down every single Multiverse figure . . . minus the Harley and Joker variants (I refuse to pay 20+ bucks for a figure every time a character changes their socks).

Yes!! Absolutely...I'd like to know what she has. Thanks Joe!!

I talked to her yesterday, she is going to go through the stuff and send me pics of what she has left over. I'll send them your way when she does, ;)

Come to think of it, another comic shop has the Batman and Robin Poison Ivy MOC for $5. A sub par figure from a sub par movie, and I STILL want to buy it.

Hee hee...I felt the same way when I was on the fence about getting it nearly a year ago. Trust me, if you love the Kenner figures, you'll want it. I never thought in a million years I'd ever want it, and now that I have it, I love it. I've never regretted getting it.

Yes!! Absolutely...I'd like to know what she has. Thanks Joe!!

I talked to her yesterday, she is going to go through the stuff and send me pics of what she has left over. I'll send them your way when she does, ;)

That's so awesome Joe. Thank you so very much my friend!

I was able to score Multiverse Supergirl from Walmart and then I hopped across the street to Target and found DKR Robin and armor Batman. Supergirl was $15 at WM. The Target toys weren't ringing up yet so I had to tell them it was $19.99 (though the girl had the look in her eyes that said I could have told her any price and she'd believe it).

Supergirl- If you're a Mattel basher, you'll find some ammo with this one. Aside from the sub par (ie: sub Marvel Legends) articulation that is standard with Mattel figs, this Supergirl has a couple extra bonuses. Most notably the fact that Mattel didn't want to paint all of her hair. They did the front, then decided they'd stop and just not do the back. You will also find SG to be just a tiny bit taller than your CW Flash, your CW Arrow, and even your Henry Cavil Superman. (Also: My specific SG came with the extra, EXTRA bonus of the WRONG Doomsday part! A right leg instead of a left. Good thing I'm not planning to build him. LOL, Mattel.) Aside from all that, would you believe that I think this figure is generally OK? I don't even mind the face sculpt. Though I will say that this is a figure you are going to want to get in hand before buying. Between WM and Target I saw three different SGs all with slightly different pain apps, mainly the eyes and eyeshadow.

Robin- Pretty good. Big hands. Not crazy about the slingshot but I like that it can fit on her belt. I like her height and her sculpt. Again, I saw various levels of quality paint apps on the "R" logo.

Batman- Big, bulky, what you'd expect for this version of the character. He looks good too. Holds his gun kind of funny but it still works.

Congrats yojoe...I have a soft spot in the ol' ticker for anything TDKR-related, but I can't seem to get past Mattel's bright colors. I actually prefer the more-muted colors on the DC Direct versions, but I'm sure the Mattel ones look better in-hand than I anticipate, too. Stuff usually does more often than not...

I stumbled into a local used-book-and-cd/DVD store today where I often find collectibles on the cheap, and they inexplicably had the new Funko ReAction Suicide Squad Joker brand-new MOC. I was dumbfounded...I've not even seen these in retail stores, much less used book stores. (lol) It's my very first ReAction figure, and I love it. It seems to be a little more detailed than they appear to be normally, and I noticed it also has added-elbow joints. I don't remember if it has knee joints also, but I love the colors and details.

I'm seeing multiple reports of the newest Mutiverse wave showing up at Walmarts and ringing up for $5 each. If it was one report of a random glitch from Backwoods, USA I wouldn't give it a second thought. But I'm seeing so many I may have to go back to my WM even though I have the three I want already.