DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

I also picked up the New 52 Batman from Mattel which goes against my guideline of ONE good version of each character in action figure form, I already have the DC Superheroes black and grey batman.

I'm not a New 52 fan but I am a Baman fan and I just really liked the no trunks look (in real life, Bruce Wayne would recognize that those trunks serve no useful purpose and get rid of them immediately). On the other hand, I like to keep a "classic" theme going in my superheroes, and I DON'T want this to be some gateway for me to other New 52 figures....so I don't know.

I actually bought the All Stars version with the non-shiny armor. I like that one a lot better.

That's what I mean about the "gate way" thing. I bought that Batman and then was considering the New 52 Superman and Batgirl. Even though I have a Barb, Cassie, and Stephanie Batgirls and consider my Batgil set complete.

Yojoe, you sound like me in the old days...once I got started on a given line of figures, I would go all-out and try to get them all. I have since learned the error of my ways. Nowdays I only get what I like and what appeals to me the most. I can live without all the rest. I'm much happier collecting just what I like and not worrying myself to death trying to complete waves, getting variants, etc.

As for the All Stars versions of these figures, I forget about them. I like the metallic look on the ones I have, but I'd also be interested in the matte look of the All Stars ones. I may have to look into those as well...

Concerning the whole "New 52" event, I've just always been a big sucker for Jim Lee's work. He's like the Michael Bay of comics. (lol) Everything is big, flashy, and epic, but without the infantile toilet humor, of course. And I like his designs for the New 52 stuff. The only thing I don't really care for is the new Superman's attitude; from what I've read, I've gathered that he's kind of a cocky, arrogant jerk. But I understand that's how he's written; I don't know how much input Lee had in that. I prefer the traditional overgrown, all-American boyscout disposition for Supes, but I digress...

The only thing I don't really care for is the new Superman's attitude; from what I've read, I've gathered that he's kind of a cocky, arrogant jerk. But I understand that's how he's written; I don't know how much input Lee had in that. I prefer the traditional overgrown, all-American boyscout disposition for Supes, but I digress...

It's just the latest in DC's attempt to find a take on Superman that works. Yep, I'm not a fan either and that's the main thing keeping me from buying the NEw 52 figure. Especially when I have a real Supes figure that I like just fine (and the incoming Man of Steel Movie Master that I will most likely be gettng). But besides that, these guys are always going to have new costumes. New 52 looks will not be the last. And they will have action figures of those looks as well. But I won't have any room for those just like I don't have room now. So I figure I'll go "classic" for the vast majority of my superhero stuff and leave it at that. Those looks will stand the test of time.

Well, even if I didn't like the New 52 Justice League, despite Superman's new attitude, I'd probably still have the figure of him. I love the new design. I can just pretend he's the same old Kal-el I've always known and loved...not the young-punk, smart-@$$ he is now. (lol)

Speaking of DC characters' classic looks, I found a Mattel DC SuperHeroes S3 Select Sculpt Series Toys-R-Us Exclusive 12-inch grey-and-black Batman figure last night for $59.95 MISB. There's this huge local used books and CDs store near me that I've been going to for years, and here recently they've started buying and selling comics, figures, and statues, much to my delight. I've been racking-up on mint copies of recent Hulk and New Avengers books (for anywhere between $0.75 to $1.15 each), but last night the Batman figure caught my eye, and I thought I had seen it on eBay going for much more. I couldn't pass it up. Actually my wife bought it for me. I also scored a MOC Marvel Universe Skaar figure for $3.95, along with some more comics.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Keaton Batmobile from the Batman Returns figure line from way back when. It's my favorite Batmobile ever. It cost a pretty penny and was still the lowest price I've seen for it in a while. Now if I can bring myself to buy the Clooney Batmobile from Batman and Robin, I will have all the movie Batmobiles in toy form.

That reminds me, back in my college days I used to have the Batman Forever Batmobile that lights up, and I simply loved that thing. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. And I too have been tempted over the years to get the Batman & Robin Batmobile. Despite the shortcomings of the film, I always thought that the one-seat design of that Batmobile was very cool and slick-looking. But I also understand it can be quite expensive if it's still MISB. I hadn't priced it in quite awhile; it may have dropped in price since then.

That reminds me, back in my college days I used to have the Batman Forever Batmobile that lights up, and I simply loved that thing. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. And I too have been tempted over the years to get the Batman & Robin Batmobile. Despite the shortcomings of the film, I always thought that the one-seat design of that Batmobile was very cool and slick-looking. But I also understand it can be quite expensive if it's still MISB. I hadn't priced it in quite awhile; it may have dropped in price since then.

Unfortunately, all movie Batmobiles are one seaters unless you're talking about the Toybiz version which is missing the canopy (which is a must in my book). The Dark Knight Collection, Batman Forever, and Tumbler are all one seaters which really bugs me because I want to put Robin in there too! Oh well, they look cool, at least.

I'm not a fan of the Batman and Robin version because there's no way Batman would drive around in an open canopy and let criminals take pot shots at him while he's driving around. However, if you take your time, I think you could find that version of the Batmobile loose for a decent price.

Unfortunately, all movie Batmobiles are one seaters unless you're talking about the Toybiz version which is missing the canopy (which is a must in my book). The Dark Knight Collection, Batman Forever, and Tumbler are all one seaters which really bugs me because I want to put Robin in there too! Oh well, they look cool, at least.

I'm not a fan of the Batman and Robin version because there's no way Batman would drive around in an open canopy and let criminals take pot shots at him while he's driving around. However, if you take your time, I think you could find that version of the Batmobile loose for a decent price.

Yeah...of all the things that don't make sense in that film, Batman driving a one-seater convertible is not high on my list. (lol) Seriously though, I agree with you, but it still looks cool, regardless if it is practical or not. I don't think Batman would drive a vehicle that had all of those spinning and glowing lights either, but the nine-year-old in me loves it. (lol)

If you're talking about style, the 1989 Batmobile is my pick. If we're talking about real-world practicality and overall bad-assery (Is that even a word?), then it's the Tumbler for me, hands-down.

Oh, and by the way, I scored a Justice League Icons Superman and an Alex Ross Justice Society Superman over the weekend on Amazon. I also got a Batman/Superman "Enemies Among Us" Batman and a SDCC exclusive DC Direct 10th Anniversary Batman also, along with a copy of the Absolute Dark Knight book, Superman: Last Son hardcover, and the Batman: Gotham Knight and Batman: Year One Blu-rays. I think I've lost my mind. (lol)

• 4 weeks later...

picked up Batman of Planet X and Bat-mite at Wal-mart...

I'm gonna pass on that guy but I did see him today and one thing I like is that his head is sculpted larger. Before I thought the DCUC muscles were overdone but then I realized it was the heads that were sculpted too small. That would be cool if they made them bigger from here on out. Of ourse, I have most everyone I want at this point....

I scored the sub Poison Ivy today. I paid about $10 more than I wanted to but she's one of the last Bat-villians I need, so what are ya gonna do? I like her a lot though. Unlike the Hush Poison Ivy, she can stan on her own. Requirement #1 for my action figures: They have to stand up!

Can someone help me confirm that I'm not crazy?? I'm looking all over TRU.com and the like for a coupon, it's 25% off anything Batman/DC related. I found it last night while browsing, tried to apply it, but the stupid 15% off online offer kept overriding it. Now that I'm ready to try again, it's gone...?

Walmart. They were supposed to have a big display out today but my stores didn't do it. A friend of mine brought out what they had and let me get what I wanted since the street date was the 28th.

On the boxes they release date says May 1st

Walmart. They were supposed to have a big display out today but my stores didn't do it. A friend of mine brought out what they had and let me get what I wanted since the street date was the 28th.

On the boxes they release date says May 1st

Certain things were scheduled for the 28th. Those were the movie masters, the powers of Krypton light up exclusive figures, the battle suit robot figs, quickshot assortments and a few other kid related items.