DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

Mirror Master for me is the best figure to be released in the sub. so far. The classic costume, the head sculpt and the interchangeable gun 'barrels' are all great.

I still wish I can find the 'Dark Knight Rises' Blake and Ra's Al Ghul figures though...

Hey guys keep your eyes out.I found Ra's Al Ghoul at my local Walamrt this morning.I don't do the BatMan figures but I got this for a freind of mine.

Sweet, looks like my dream about Mattel deciding to hold this guy hostage online will be just a dream after all!

• 2 weeks later...

Scored a Batman Forever Batmobile unassembeled with the box for a good price. The box was junk but the toy itself was untouched. Since there is no decent Kilmer Batman figure made, my Keaton Batman gets this ride. She looks really cool lit up but my camera is crappy and will not get a proper picture.

008-1.jpg

A lot of people bash this Batmobile, I like it because it's different.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the Green Lantern movie Hal Jordan maquette on amazon.com last night for $34.74. I also got the Movie Masters Tomar Re, Rot Lop Fan, Naut Kei Loi, Isamot Kol, and Sinestro, all for $31.51. I thought these were a pretty good deal. (Can you tell I'm on a major Green Lantern kick?) (lol)

By the way, did they pay someone at Lucasfilm to come up with those crazy alien names? They sound like Star Wars names...well, except for Green Man. (lol) That has to be the worst name for a superhero ever.

Got MM Ra's al Ghul from member angiedee who has picked up LOTS of stuff for me over the months and always comes through! Glad to have the majority of my bat signal complete. (Come on Batman, go on clearance. CLEARANCE!) Ra's himself is OK, but this will be the last suit body I pick up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife suprised me with an early Christmas present yesterday. She got me the New 52 Justice League box set! I was so thrilled. I really did want it for Christmas, but I have a hard time sometimes making it known what I want; I just feel like it's a little selfish and self-serving sometimes. Well anyway...my new assistant principal at work is an old friend from high school, and he's into comic-related stuff big time, especially DC. We've talked from time to time, and he's pretty-much into the same stuff I am, and he's been telling me lately about a local comic book store I wasn't aware of, and he's been telling me about how he's able to put stuff in lay-away there. He was getting ready to put two Justice League box sets in lay-away, and had asked if I was interested. It was so funny, because the other day he visited my classroom to do an observation/evaluation, and after the lesson was over, he called me back to the table he was sitting at in the back of the room, like he was going to discuss my scores or any issues he observed, and he showed me the price he had written down for the box set and began telling me how he could have it put it back for me. (lol)

Well, after finding out I was interested in getting one, he went straight to my wife, who also works at my school, and told her about it. She already knew I wanted it, but I hadn't really made a big deal out of it. But my friend really pushed for me to get it for Christmas. So he snuck off to his store yesterday and got one for me, and my wife snuck out of the house yesterday to meet him and get it. She couldn't stand to wait until Christmas, so she just gave it to me as soon as she got home with it. She came through the door and said, "I forgot to get your frappe, so I just got this instead. Merry Christmas!!" I was stunned to say the least!

I love these figures, especially since I've been a huge Jim Lee fan for years, and I absolutely love his designs for the new Justice League. the New 52 Justice League is probably the first DC book besides Superman that I've bought and read fairly regularly.

The only thing I'm kinda disappointed in is the fact that these figures don't come with stands. I had a hard time getting Superman to stand on his own at first, but I played around with him until I got him in a standing pose on his own, although he's looking down somewhat. And Wonder Woman's sculpted hair prevents her from looking up, so she's always looking down too. Also, my Batman's right "ear" on his cowl was bent in the package, but it's not too obvious if you don't look too closely.

I can't recommend this set enough. I just wish there were stands you could get for them. Do they make stands that fit DC Collectibles figures? I noticed they actually had peg holes in their feet, so it gives me hope.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the DC Universe Classics New 52 Batman and Superman at Walmart Tuesday. I wasn't necessarily hunting them, and I hadn't planned on getting them anytime soon since I already had what I thought were the superior DC Collectibles versions of these from the Justice League set. I don't know what it was...they just spoke to me. (lol) I guess they just looked so much better in person than what I was expecting, and they're much more dynamic-looking than the DC Collectibles versions; I feel like their colors and paint apps look much better. And we all know they have DC Collectibles beat in the articulation department. Maybe the fact that I was picking up some Marvel Legends figures the same day, and I was thinking about how cool these DC guys would look standing next to them. Yes, it was a total geek moment for me, and I caved. (lol)

Oh, and I also have some Play Arts Kai Batman figures coming in the mail. I got the Arkham Asylum Batman, both the regular and armored versions, and I preordered the "Dark Knight Returns" skin version. I simply cannot wait to get them! I can't remember the last time I was this excited over action figures...