To old friends

wayward_rogue

I came back here looking for a story I posted eons ago, one that I had to send to a friend.

After I logged in and looked through my posts I was thrown into nostalgia. I just want to drop by and say hello, there were a lot of people on here I have never forgotten and likely will never forget. Many good friendships (Albeit online) were made here and I feel like, in some way, it helped me become who I am.

So, an update on me:

I am almost 23. Funny to think that when I first signed up I was what, 14? 15? I don't even remember, HPZ got me hooked.

I do not collect anymore. Once I hit University things got busy and money (understandably) got tight. It was something that my interest had somewhat feigned in, but most of all I couldn't afford it. All of my stuff is delicately packed away at my parent's place with a few figures scattered here and there on display.

In the years since I left this forum I have graduated high school, began my undergraduate degree and finished my undergraduate degree and am now on my way to starting graduate studies. All without causing (serious) injury to myself or many other people, having the police show up at my door again (sorry, mom) or having any children (fingers crossed).

I completed my BA with Honours in Journalism and a Philosophy program, but am taking a different route. I want to study the Classics so am now getting brought up to speed on Latin and Attic Greek so I can apply for an MA program next year. I love school and I hope some day it will lead me to teaching.

I have worked numerous odd jobs the past few years, the coolest being a military living historian for a Victorian era fort here in Halifax--it can be quite a bit of fun.

As I said, I am sorry if this seems cryptic and unimportant to those who weren't here in my hay-day on these forums, but to those that were I just wanted to say you aren't forgotten, and with good reason. I will always consider you friends, though we have never met in person (except for that time HPZ gave Clam my phone number...weird) and will be perpetually thankful for the time I spent here.

If you have any questions...ask!

Here's me, recently (No, I am not sad!)

n94805474_33617678_4917.jpg

A far cry from this goon, eh? (3rd in)

peep4.jpg

Good times! ^_^

You've been missed. If for anything, the relentless posting of pictures of yourself, in a number of crazy and disturbing ways. ;)

Once a collector allways a collector

If you don't collect now it doesn't mean you won't in the future.

After G1 died I didn't buy toys from 1989-1992 when G2 hit then again there was nothing till 1995 when the Power of the force figures and Beast Wars came out