2010 Hess truck

Wheeljack35

Much better then last years crappy racing car .It comes out on November 12

http://www.hesstoytruck.com/

hess.jpg

Hess trucks, 46 years of bells and whistles

Before the giant balloons parade down the streets of Manhattan, before the turkey and football and start of the frenzied holiday shopping, before all of that comes another eagerly anticipated beacon of the season – the Hess toy truck.

The wait for the 2010 model is almost over. And, once again, it's not just a truck. This year, it's a truck and a plane. The 14-wheeler tractor-trailer truck and jet are $25.99 plus tax and go on sale Nov. 12. Batteries are included. And they will be needed.

The truck has 42 working lights that have three settings with two flashing modes. The jet has four motion-activated sounds, two button-activated sounds and 13 lights.

Now in its 46th year, the Hess truck is part of the annual holiday tradition for so many families. It started with a tanker that could be filled with water and emptied through a hose, which cost $1.29 with batteries included. Since that first truck, Hess has rolled out police cars, fire trucks, RVs, motorcycles, helicopters, race cars — one truck even came with a space shuttle. In 2002, a prop plane sat on top of the flatbed tractor trailer. This year, it's another plane, but it's a jet and the flatbed trailer doubles as a launch pad and landing runway.

The collector's item – or cool toy, depending on the view of its new owner – will be available at the Hess and Hess Express stores in 16 states where Hess stations can be found. Supplies are limited.

E-mail: yoriok@northjersey.com

Before the giant balloons parade down the streets of Manhattan, before the turkey and football and start of the frenzied holiday shopping, before all of that comes another eagerly anticipated beacon of the season – the Hess toy truck.

The wait for the 2010 model is almost over. And, once again, it's not just a truck. This year, it's a truck and a plane. The 14-wheeler tractor-trailer truck and jet are $25.99 plus tax and go on sale Nov. 12. Batteries are included. And they will be needed.

The truck has 42 working lights that have three settings with two flashing modes. The jet has four motion-activated sounds, two button-activated sounds and 13 lights.

Now in its 46th year, the Hess truck is part of the annual holiday tradition for so many families. It started with a tanker that could be filled with water and emptied through a hose, which cost $1.29 with batteries included. Since that first truck, Hess has rolled out police cars, fire trucks, RVs, motorcycles, helicopters, race cars — one truck even came with a space shuttle. In 2002, a prop plane sat on top of the flatbed tractor trailer. This year, it's another plane, but it's a jet and the flatbed trailer doubles as a launch pad and landing runway.

The collector's item – or cool toy, depending on the view of its new owner – will be available at the Hess and Hess Express stores in 16 states where Hess stations can be found. Supplies are limited.

• 4 weeks later...

My grandmother used to get these as a Christmas present. Eventually she stopped so in the past couple of years I buy him the current truck and at his birthday a classic one. I missed last year, they were all sold out by the time I got around to trying to buy one, but I got this years truck lhis past weekend. I agree WJ, the one from last year is pretty crappy, this one is pretty cool.

This is my favorite commercial for the new truck, the songs sounds like Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway..ok excuse me the only real version is Tom Cochrane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BMSqseZitA

This is the kiddie version, the above is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5yWN_bhiM

• 8 months later...

I remember my Grandmother used to wrapped up in these Hess trucks. She tried to get me into them as a kid, but I was only worried about them as far as their play value.

I recently read an article about how these are some of the worse collectibles ever to collect. Right along with Hummel figurines, Beanie Babies and Precious Moments figurines. Looks like my grandmother went four for four there. The number one worse collectible was the collectible plates. Any of them. Thankfully, Oma never got into those. She still has Barbies to fall back on, too.

• 2 months later...