Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

man.. some pretty good football games this weekend, except for the Ravens/chiefs.

sorry DarthJoe.

I was watching the game and the Chiefs went up 7-3.. then they looked unstoppable for a little while.. the runs were working, the short passes to the runningbacks were working.. and then all the sudden they decided to just try passing the ball down the field... and of course, we all know what happened.

The Ravens have a great defense.. but not a very good offense.. the Chiefs really had a chance if they had better play calling and didn't give the ball away so much.

Anyhow.. I am glad the Bears will play the Seahawks.. sure the Seahawks looked real good against the Saints.. but I think that was a fluke against a team that was playing terrible defense. I think it will be close, or the Bears will totally crap all over them.

I sort of feel sorry for Tom Cable. Finally get the Raiders turned around and is shown the door.

Agreed, but Al Davis has developed such a culture of failure that, coupled with his unrealistic expectation of what it now means to play Raider Football, no one will stay on more than three years there unless they go to the playoffs every year and win the Super Bowl by the third.

I bet they let Cable go to promote our Offensive Coordinator Hue Jackson to the head coaching spot. I really liked Tom Cable and god knows the Raiders need some consistency in the head coaching spot but I think the feeling in the organization is Jackson is the man for the job. Since the Raider offense improved so much (I think they were like 5th in scoring or something) he had been getting contacted about head coaching jobs. Davis probably felt the only way to keep him on board was to offer him the head spot.

Still I don't know. I liked Cable and he had the players respect and they played hard for him.

Division Playoffs this weekend, who ya got?

I think the Steelers and the Patriots take care of business in the AFC, but the NFC is anybody's game. Could the Seahawks get to .500 on the season, or do the Bears move on? I don't know who to pick in the Falcons/Packers, but it should be a heck of a game.

I'd like to see the Jets and Ravens beat the Pats and Steelers, as I despise both New England and Pittsburgh. That probably won't happen though...I expect both New England and Pittsburgh to win their games.

In the NFC, I'm sure the Bears will beat Seattle, and like you said, the Green Bay/Atlanta game is a toss up...but I think Green Bay will probably end up winning that one.

I'd like to see the Jets and Ravens beat the Pats and Steelers, as I despise both New England and Pittsburgh. That probably won't happen though...

The Jets would have a much better chance if their idiot coach would sit down and watch some game film instead of calling a press conference every five minutes.

I don't even care if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl, just as long as they don't lose to these peckerheads.

I'd like to see the Jets and Ravens beat the Pats and Steelers, as I despise both New England and Pittsburgh. That probably won't happen though...I expect both New England and Pittsburgh to win their games.

I feel the exact same way. I HATE the Patriots and the Steelers with a passion. They are both cheaters and jerkoffs. We already know the Patriots blatantly cheated alot under coach rattysweatshirt. And BOTH of the Steelers Superbowls were total bullcrap. The NFL robbed the Seahawks and the Cardinals of rings.

I really really hope they both lose, but we all know they are going to win.

in a related note, check out the NY Post's Starwars theme for the game.

ept_sports_nfl_experts-218500196-1295035912.jpg?ymIIkZEDG8BbpHAR

you can see the yahoo review of it HERE

it's pretty funny, but they miscast alot of the characters/players

I feel the exact same way. I HATE the Patriots and the Steelers with a passion. They are both cheaters and jerkoffs. We already know the Patriots blatantly cheated alot under coach rattysweatshirt. And BOTH of the Steelers Superbowls were total bullcrap. The NFL robbed the Seahawks and the Cardinals of rings.

You don't like "cheaters and jerkoffs" but you're rooting for the Ravens (jerkoffs) and Jets (cheaters AND jerkoffs). Nice.

Bill Belichick was the only one who got caught. Jimmy Johnson said other teams do it. Bill Cowher stated that the Spygate issue had no bearing on the Patriots whipping their ass twice at home in the AFC Championship Game. You can steal signals all you want, you still have to execute.

This SpyGate issue was a convenient excuse for teams like the Colts, Rams and Steelers for not executing against the Patriots and is also a convenient excuse for teams like the Chargers and Cowboys who choke every year and will never win a Super Bowl in their current form.

^ Agreed. The NFL sent a memo out to every team advising coaches not to be videotaping their opponents precisely because multiple teams were already doing it. Belichick ignored the warning and was subsequently caught and penalized. Pretty old news by now and the Patriots haven't missed a beat in the meantime.

Anyway, here are my unscientific picks for the weekend...

Baltimore

Atlanta

Chicago

New England

You don't like "cheaters and jerkoffs" but you're rooting for the Ravens (jerkoffs) and Jets (cheaters AND jerkoffs). Nice.

Well, to be fair, I hate all four teams left in the AFC, but if I had to pick, I'd rather see the Ravens and Jets win.

That fumble by Roethlisberger was hilarious.

Everyone standing around thinking the ball's dead, and Cory Redding picks it up and runs it in for a TD. @loll@

Mike Tomlin is a moron and this challenge business is out of control.

Who the hell throws a challenge flag 11 seconds into the game to save 12 yards?

And what about that second challenge? There's a 50/50 shot you're wrong and if you are you're out of challenges for the rest of the game.

This game isn't even close to over but it's still a good example as to why your challenges should be used sparingly.

That fumble by Roethlisberger was hilarious.

Everyone standing around thinking the ball's dead, and Cory Redding picks it up and runs it in for a TD. @loll@

You would think in this day and age that if you see a ball on the ground you pick it up and do what you're supposed to do with it until the ref tells you otherwise.

Wow...it's looking like Baltimore wants to give this game away now.

I thought the same thing. Another bought and PAID for Squealers victory? I can't stand either team, but I thought the Ravens were throwing the ball away on purpose and definitely DROPPING the ball just as deliberately. The officiating sucked big time as well. Vegas odds must be trying to capitalize on a Pittsburgh New England championship game, so I'm expecting New York to pull the same crap tomorrow, mark my words. PRO sports suck!

Wow...it's looking like Baltimore wants to give this game away now.

I thought the same thing. Another bought and PAID for Squealers victory? I can't stand either team, but I thought the Ravens were throwing the ball away on purpose and definitely DROPPING the ball just as deliberately. The officiating sucked big time as well. Vegas odds must be trying to capitalize on a Pittsburgh New England championship game, so I'm expecting New York to pull the same crap tomorrow, mark my words. PRO sports suck!

What was your beef with the refs? Too many flags?

I left to go get beer with like 40 seconds left in the half of the Packers/Falcons game, with Green Bay up 21-14. I get back just as they're kicking off in the 3rd, and Green Bay is up 28-14...guess I missed something. @hmmm@

I left to go get beer with like 40 seconds left in the half of the Packers/Falcons game, with Green Bay up 21-14. I get back just as they're kicking off in the 3rd, and Green Bay is up 28-14...guess I missed something. @hmmm@

Just a 70 yard return in the last seconds of the half. :P It's 35-14 now, so it's done.

Just a 70 yard return in the last seconds of the half. :P It's 35-14 now, so it's done.

Ya.

I thought this was gonna be the best game this weekend, but it's a total blowout.

If Rodgers keeps playing like he is this game, Green Bay can easily win the Superbowl. He's 30/35 right now, for 357 yards, and 3 TDs, with 10 mins left in the 4th...that's just insane.

Not to mention Clay Matthews. He's a friggin' beast. I've always been partial to defensive players, and he's one of my favorites to watch...ALMOST as fun to watch as Derrick Thomas used to be. ;)

Ya.

I thought this was gonna be the best game this weekend, but it's a total blowout.

If Rodgers keeps playing like he is this game, Green Bay can easily win the Superbowl. He's 30/35 right now, for 357 yards, and 3 TDs, with 10 mins left in the 4th...that's just insane.

No kidding. They almost beat New England earlier this year, but the time clock bit them.