Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

Looks like we may have the first openly gay NFL player,if he's drafted or signed.

I feel this story will get overblown between now and the draft. He should get drafted in the third through sixth rounds based on his talent on the field, not his sexuality. I know that some won't view it this way and claim that if he is not drafted highly, it will be because of his coming out. Just wait and see how he performs at the Combine and his pro-day.

I feel like the gay thing should be a non-issue.

Why would he even feel the need to come out, if not for hype?

He's a football player. All that should matter is how good he is on the field. Who cares if he likes to kiss other guys in his spare time?

• 4 weeks later...

I read that the Texans may draft Clowney and try to trade for Ryan Mallet. If there is any truth to this it makes perfect sense for both the Texans and Patriots. Watt and Clowney opposite each other? Scary. An NFL ready starter for what New England would probably ask for a bunch of fourth through seventh round picks? Sound familiar. The Patriots would then draft McCarron, Murray, of Metzenberger to sit for the next 2-3 years behind Brady.

If this were to happen, I would guess

1. Clowney-Texans

2. Watkins-Rams

3. Bortles-Jaguars

4. Bridgewater-Browns (they would have to take him instead of Manziel if he is there, I would think)

5. Manziel-Raiders (just because)

6. Robinson-Falcons

I'm thinking Vick's done. Nobody took him as a free agent.

Somebody will end up signing, but they will wait until the market settles down for QB's so they don't have to pay him as much.

Looking like the Jets might want him.

I'm thinking Vick's done. Nobody took him as a free agent.

Somebody will end up signing, but they will wait until the market settles down for QB's so they don't have to pay him as much.

Looking like the Jets might want him.

Because when you want to teach your young athletic QB how to have pocket presence, you go out and get a veteran to teach him how. . . Never mind, great idea, NY Jets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...