Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

How about them CHIEFS! ;)

And there big test is on Thursday night football. My Dolphins get there first home game against the Atlanta Falcons. Ugh.

The new Eagles offense puts up a lot of points... Chiefs better set the tone early or it will get ugly real quick...

The Chiefs have a lot better defense than people realize. They have for the last few years now, but I think they gave up on Haley and stopped playing after the offense going 3 and out on run plays, drive after drive, and the defense constantly being on the field. Right now, they're ranked second on run defense, fourth on pass defense, and second on overall defense. Granted, we're only going into week 3, but they aren't as bad as the numbers they put up last year.

That said, it will be interesting to see how they do against an offense that is capable of scoring a lot.

I'm also still not completely sold on Kansas City's offense. Obviously, their rushing game is good, but their passing game is still suspect. Alex Smith has been very consistent so far, and they have Bowe, but that's about it. Through the first two games, Jamaal Charles has the most receptions with 11, and is second on receiving yards behind Bowe. They need another receiver to step up and become a viable target for Smith.

Looks like the Chiefs might be for real this season.

Justin Houston is eating quarterbacks up with 7.5 sacks in 3 games.

I was wondering the other day: Is there a bigger non-job than the NLF commentator?

A group of old dudes who used to play the game ("experts") sit on comfy chairs and fill air time by talking about the game and giving opinions. I can do that. People say weatherman is the only occupation where you can be wrong all the time and still keep your job. The other day I watched four guys predict a Steelers win with all confidence. Of course the difference between them and weathermen is that they get six days off before going back to "work" next Sunday. Must be nice!

I was wondering the other day: Is there a bigger non-job than the NLF commentator?

A group of old dudes who used to play the game ("experts") sit on comfy chairs and fill air time by talking about the game and giving opinions. I can do that. People say weatherman is the only occupation where you can be wrong all the time and still keep your job. The other day I watched four guys predict a Steelers win with all confidence. Of course the difference between them and weathermen is that they get six days off before going back to "work" next Sunday. Must be nice!

well weathermen & congress can be wrong and keep their jerbs haha....but at least the commentators can drink on the job too.....have you ever paid attention to the amount of whisktakes(whiskey mistakes) they make on air?? well we all know weather guys can't drink but I can't speak for the other non-jobbers.....too bad about the Browns QB, they still pulled off the win but it was a decent game......lotta hard hits last night even Manuel was shaken up after he got hit on his knees.....I'm glad I only watch it, cause it looks painful from the stands.....