Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

Jets plan on dumping Tebow at the end of the season. They're trying to figure out how to get rid of Sanchez too. Michael Vick says he would like to play for the Jets. If he does,how exactly would that be different than how things are now?

Vick for Sanchez? It could happen because the Eagles and Jets are going to want to offload the salaries of their respective QB's without taking too much of a salary cap hit. It would really depend on what the new GM' s in Philly and New York decide to do moving forward. I say "new GM's" because I don't see any way that either of those teams continue on the path they are on.

Well, AD was kept in check by Houston and didn't do much to advance his hunt for the all time rushing record, which is unfortunate. The good news is that's the ONLY thing they were able to do and my Vikes came out with a big W on the road. God, Houston looked like crap.

geez.. I am scared that the Bears are going to hire some unestablished clown and he will fire the defensive coordinator and start from scratch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Randy Moss got burned by Jerry Rice. Moss is claiming he's the best WR of all time. Jerry replied on ESPN by asking how many Super Bowl rings does Moss have?

I don't think Moss is the best WR of all time..

but I don't agree with Rice. Superbowl rings has nothing to do with how good you are.

Football, of all the major sports, is a game completely reliant on the concept of a TEAM. No one player could ever raise his team up to Super Bowl level.

ask Barry Sanders how many rings he has.. every team he was on his entire career sucked.. and nobody could ever say that he isn't one of the top 3 RBs of all time. (Walter Payton and Jim Brown being the other 2)

I also don't agree with Moss...he has had too many crap seasons to be considered the greatest of all time. I also don't think Superbowl rings has much to do with positions like WR or RB...it could factor into a QB discussion more (although still not the end all be all).

Oh and thank goodness SF lost...that would have made my life hell. Especially with the Giants winning the World Series. Now all the bandwagon 9er fans can put away their brand new jerseys away.

quit hatin lol.. the Raiders aren't going to be contenders for a long time man!..

Niners screwed up (mostly Kaepernick and the DBs, especially Culliver).. but they still got cheated by the refs. Another bad mark on the NFL's record

Oh and thank goodness SF lost...that would have made my life hell. Especially with the Giants winning the World Series. Now all the bandwagon 9er fans can put away their brand new jerseys away.

quit hatin lol.. the Raiders aren't going to be contenders for a long time man!..

Niners screwed up (mostly Kaepernick and the DBs, especially Culliver).. but they still got cheated by the refs. Another bad mark on the NFL's record

I'll never stop hating on SF...and that was the right call. The refs had been letting that go all game. Its about consistency. Besides Crabtree ran into him and clearly pushed off.

It wasn't a bad call or slight on the NFL (like the Tuck Rule). Its just loser crying.

And yes I am well aware of the hypocrisy of bringing up the tuck rule haha.

I'll never stop hating on SF...and that was the right call. The refs had been letting that go all game. Its about consistency. Besides Crabtree ran into him and clearly pushed off.

It wasn't a bad call or slight on the NFL (like the Tuck Rule). Its just loser crying.

actually, consistency is what I am talking about. On the Ravens last scoring drive, the Niners stopped them on 3rd and 10. But the refs bailed them out by calling PI against the Niners for Anquan Boldin. The Ravens went on to kick a field goal instead of having to punt. That put them up by 5 pts. they had been letting them play physically, but then called a WEAK PI flag against the Niners.

However, when the Niners are in the endzone, they let the Ravens DB clearly wrap his arms around Crabtree and GRAB AND PULL his jersey, without calling PI.

So they gave the Ravens a PI call that allowed them to go up by 5pts. (without that flag, the Niners could have won with a field goal at the end instead of needing a TD. But they failed to call the most obvious PI of the game when it counted the most.

The refs screwed up. You are just biased

actually, consistency is what I am talking about. On the Ravens last scoring drive, the Niners stopped them on 3rd and 10. But the refs bailed them out by calling PI against the Niners for Anquan Boldin. The Ravens went on to kick a field goal instead of having to punt. That put them up by 5 pts. they had been letting them play physically, but then called a WEAK PI flag against the Niners.

However, when the Niners are in the endzone, they let the Ravens DB clearly wrap his arms around Crabtree and GRAB AND PULL his jersey, without calling PI.

So they gave the Ravens a PI call that allowed them to go up by 5pts. (without that flag, the Niners could have won with a field goal at the end instead of needing a TD. But they failed to call the most obvious PI of the game when it counted the most.

The refs screwed up. You are just biased

I'd have to take a look at the Boldin call again but seems to me that that play would be the mess up not the Crabtree one. That fit in with the rest of the game and once again Crabtree runs into and shoves off.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean it is because of bias. There is a definite debate about this with even the so called experts divided (although most that I have seen favor the no call). It is a judgment call and if SF didn't want it to come down to that they shouldn't have started the 2nd 1/2 down 28-6 before they decided to start trying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...