Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

You always hear how smart Manning is.. but this has me scratching my head big time. I don't know why he ever considered Denver in the first place. I guess he doesn't want to win another Superbowl

Tebow to the Jets.

The Saints got hammered for getting caught bounty hunting. Sean Payton suspended for the whole season. They lost their number one picks in 2012 & 2013. Fined half a million. The GM is suspended for half the season. And Greg Williams, the current defensive coordinator for the Rams formerly of the Saints, is suspended indefinitely.

Tebow to the Jets.

The Saints got hammered for getting caught bounty hunting. Sean Payton suspended for the whole season. They lost their number one picks in 2012 & 2013. Fined half a million. The GM is suspended for half the season. And Greg Williams, the current defensive coordinator for the Rams formerly of the Saints, is suspended indefinitely.

I thought it was their 2nd round picks.. not 1st.

anyhow.. thats what they get. That is super dirty and has no place in the NFL

Yeah, Goddell was saying that the punishment was so harsh because of several reasons. 1st, they were trying to hurt other players. 2nd, they violated league policy by offering "side-contracts" to players, or paying them bonuses that were not listed in their contracts or counted under the salary cap. 3rd, they lied about the "hit list" for 3 years and have been trying to cover it up. 4th, the NFL wanted to send a strong message that would keep other teams/players from doing this again in the future. 5th, the Saints were jeopardizing other players money and careers. etc

I also read that they were not finished yet. It is likely that some PLAYERS will be punished for their actions. The NFL is waiting to meet with the Players Association. for example, John Abraham was offering a 10,000 bounty out of his own pocket to anyone that could knock Brett Favre out of a playoff game a few years ago.

I think Sanchez will remain the starter...for now at least. If he plays well the job is his. If not then he'll have to worry about people calling for Tebow. But to be "effective" NYJ would have to completely revamp their offense for Tebow the way Denver did.

I think this will be good for Sanchez... First time in his career he has to compete for the starting job...

Or, it could be really bad. If he has a couple of off games in a row, that new stadium will be rioting for Tebow to get in there.

I dont' really see all the hype on Tebow. It's the offense that help do the job last year. It takes more than one man to win a game. @grumpy@

I dont' really see all the hype on Tebow. It's the offense that help do the job last year. It takes more than one man to win a game. @grumpy@

I keep hearing about the 4th quarter comebacks...well if he didn't play like total dog crap for 3 1/2 quarters his team wouldn't have needed a 4th quarter comeback.

I keep hearing about the 4th quarter comebacks...well if he didn't play like total dog crap for 3 1/2 quarters his team wouldn't have needed a 4th quarter comeback.

I hear what you are saying there.. but hey, I would rather have a QB stink up most of the game and then play his best in the 4th quarter and give you a chance to win the game, than Lebron who plays great the first 3 quarters and then hides like a scared bunny rabbit in the 4th.

I hear what you are saying there.. but hey, I would rather have a QB stink up most of the game and then play his best in the 4th quarter and give you a chance to win the game, than Lebron who plays great the first 3 quarters and then hides like a scared bunny rabbit in the 4th.

Haha! Maybe that is the NYJ thinking...let Sanchez play 3 quarters and then Tebow get all of his 20 plays in the 4th.

I really don't think Tebow is any better than Sanchez. I will just have to wait and see for myself this year. I rather have Peyton Manning as a backup than Tebow. That's just my 2 cents. @smilepunch@