Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

I don't know Rollo. Assuming The Ravens beat the Texans, Baltimore could take out the Pats. Baltimore is a really odd team though. You never know which team will show up...the team that beat Pitts and SF or the team that lost to Seattle and Jacksonville. If the good Baltimore team shows up they can beat anyone.

• Like 1

If the Ravens keep playing the way they are, it'll be a non-issue. Arian Foster is doing awesome! If Yates can play smart and not throw any picks in the last half, I think the Texans can win this.

And then go and lose to the Pats. ;) but seriously, my reasoning is Tom Brady (love him or hate him) is a primo QB and has a strong selection of receivers. Nobody can cover ALL his options down the field. If Gronk is covered he'll go to Welker. If Welker's covered he'll go to 85. If 85 is covered...and so on and so forth.

If the Ravens keep playing the way they are, it'll be a non-issue. Arian Foster is doing awesome! If Yates can play smart and not throw any picks in the last half, I think the Texans can win this.

And then go and lose to the Pats. ;) but seriously, my reasoning is Tom Brady (love him or hate him) is a primo QB and has a strong selection of receivers. Nobody can cover ALL his options down the field. If Gronk is covered he'll go to Welker. If Welker's covered he'll go to 85. If 85 is covered...and so on and so forth.

Maybe now the Texans will release that bum Jacoby Jones... I been calling for his head for the last few seasons... For some damn reason Kubiak thinks he will develop into a special player...

The only way to beat an elite QB is keep him off the field... Thats running the ball and chewing up clock... Not allowing him to get into a rhythm... Thats how the Texans beat the Colts last season with the worst D in the league... Ravens biggest mistake would be to have Flacco fling the ball against the Pats...

Anyone else smell a Giants/Pats rematch coming this year?

sad football day all around. first Paterno dies after having his life ruined by Sandusky... then in the NFL the Ravens fail to win a game they should have against the Pats... and then the real disaster was the 49ers kick returner losing 2 punts and giving up the game. That was terrible.

So both teams going to the Superbowl don't deserve to be there. Heck, the Giants didn't even deserve to make the playoffs. I am not even going to watch it. It would have been so much better with the Ravens/49ers

Wait the Pats don't deserve to go? The NYG proved they deserved to go by destroying ATL and GB and beating SF in SF. That is how playoffs work...the team that wins automatically deserves to go on.

I agree 100%, that is why they play the games. It is also hard for me to hear that the number 1 seed in the conference does not deserve to be there. Love them or hate them, the Patriots have been winning all season.

Sorry, for the negative,(stupid fat fingers). Was aiming for the plus sign and missed, but plus 1 on a couple of previous post.

nah.. I don't think so. The Ravens outplayed the Pats. the Ravens should have won the game. The Ravens LOST the game much more than the Patriots won it.

And the Patriots were only the #1 seed because they are in a dog crap division. PLUS, They had one of the easiest schedules in the league (maybe in league history). They only had to play TWO games against teams with a winning record. (that's right, they only played 2 good teams all year long). And guess what, they LOST both of those games. That is how they got to be the #1 seed, not because they were good, not at all. In fact, this is probably the worst Patriots team we have seen in a long time. And then in the playoffs they were served the sorry Broncos in the first game. Then they got the Ravens at home because of their soft schedule... and the Ravens played a better game, but they blew it. (BTW, the Ravens played SEVEN games against winning teams, winning SIX of them)

The Patriots don't deserve to be in the Superbowl

The Giants didn't even deserve to make the playoffs. If the Cowboys didn't have a colossal implosion once again, they wouldn't have made it. The 49ers should have won the game. 1 guy cost them the game all by himself. If you watched the game, then you know that the 49ers were well on their way to winning that game in the 4th quarter before Kyle Williams (the backup KR because Ted Ginn Jr is hurt) gave the game to the Giants. The Giants scored 10 points before that. If you think the Giants deserved to win that game because ONE player screwed up all by himself twice, then you don't know much about football.

listen to anybody that knows about football in the media and all you will be hearing about these games is how the Ravens and 49ers should have won those games.

and I have no bias, I am a Bears fan :(

That is the thing about the NFL playoffs, it is not about who deserves to be in the Super Bowl, but who is hot at the right time. Last year, you could make the case that the Packers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, but did they do what they needed to do In week 17 against the Bears, or was it the fact that Cutler was so inept at running the offense that the Bears gave the game away because they couldn't score? And the Cowboys collapse should never be factored into the discussion, because by using that rationale, no one from the NFC East have deserved to be in the playoffs since the mid-90's because the Cowboys meltdown on a yearly basis. The soft schedule applies to any team that has won the NFC and AFC West for almost a decade, but they still get to go to the playoffs. Heck, the Seahawks went last year with a losing record. You play with the schedule you are dealt. Before the season, the Patroits schedule looked quite grueling, but no one saw the Chargers, Jets, Cowboys, Cheifs, Colts (ok, we did see this coming, but they were division winners last year, so they should not have sucked that bad) and Eagles being terrible this year.

And I don't have a dog in the fight either, because the Steelers got Tebowed in the first round. I just hope the Super Bowl is as entertaining as yesterday's games.

• Like 1

Should have and did win are two different things. On that same note it should have been Green Bay against SF. But it wasn't...know why? Because despite not being worthy NYG went into Green Bay and punched Rodgers straight in the mouth and beat the Pack.

As far as SF goes...you want to talk about weak schedules...they play in the NFC West which means 6 of their games are gimmies. Add to that Dallas, Philly, Washington, Tampa. By your own standards for the Patriots, SF didn't deserve to be there. SF barely beat NYG in the regular season so obviously the match up isn't as one sided as you would like us to believe.

Baltimore loses some credibility because some games they just don't show up for. Losses to San Diego, Seattle and Jacksonville prove it. Along with near losses to Arizona and Cleveland and Baltimore isn't the hands down favorite in the AFC that you make them out to be. Not to mention barely scraping by 3rd string QB TJ Yates. Oh and you're wrong Baltimore lost to another winning team...just yesterday. The Patriots beat them. The Ravens LOST the game because the Patriots BEAT them and WON it. I don't know why you are trying to make a distinction between Baltimore losing and New England winning. Seems silly to me. Either way it means Baltimore goes home and NE goes to the Superbowl.

The facts are The Patriots beat the Ravens and despite SF's home field advantage NYG beat SF. You can make excuses for them however you want but by winning the AFC and NFC they deserve to be there. Losers always make excuses. My team didn't win because X missed the kick or Y dropped the ball or Z was hurt. If the NFL is to go by who should win they wouldn't ever play any games. They would just look at the rosters and say to one of the teams "You win." It doesn't work that way. You have to win it on the field and SF and Balt. didn't so they deserve to watch New England and NYG playing in the Superbowl from the comfort of their homes like the other 30 teams.

Clam you and I both live in Nor Cal so yeah of course if you watch the news and listen to people they will be talking about how SF SHOULD have won. But they didn't. I've watched the stuff on the NFL network and all they show is SF and Balt losing.

Should have and did win are two different things. On that same note it should have been Green Bay against SF. But it wasn't...know why? Because despite not being worthy NYG went into Green Bay and punched Rodgers straight in the mouth and beat the Pack.

As far as SF goes...you want to talk about weak schedules...they play in the NFC West which means 6 of their games are gimmies. Add to that Dallas, Philly, Washington, Tampa. By your own standards for the Patriots, SF didn't deserve to be there. SF barely beat NYG in the regular season so obviously the match up isn't as one sided as you would like us to believe.

Baltimore loses some credibility because some games they just don't show up for. Losses to San Diego, Seattle and Jacksonville prove it. Along with near losses to Arizona and Cleveland and Baltimore isn't the hands down favorite in the AFC that you make them out to be. Not to mention barely scraping by 3rd string QB TJ Yates. Oh and you're wrong Baltimore lost to another winning team...just yesterday. The Patriots beat them. The Ravens LOST the game because the Patriots BEAT them and WON it. I don't know why you are trying to make a distinction between Baltimore losing and New England winning. Seems silly to me. Either way it means Baltimore goes home and NE goes to the Superbowl.

The facts are The Patriots beat the Ravens and despite SF's home field advantage NYG beat SF. You can make excuses for them however you want but by winning the AFC and NFC they deserve to be there. Losers always make excuses. My team didn't win because X missed the kick or Y dropped the ball or Z was hurt. If the NFL is to go by who should win they wouldn't ever play any games. They would just look at the rosters and say to one of the teams "You win." It doesn't work that way. You have to win it on the field and SF and Balt. didn't so they deserve to watch New England and NYG playing in the Superbowl from the comfort of their homes like the other 30 teams.

Clam you and I both live in Nor Cal so yeah of course if you watch the news and listen to people they will be talking about how SF SHOULD have won. But they didn't. I've watched the stuff on the NFL network and all they show is SF and Balt losing.

Lost by a bonehead play... I am a Texans fan so I know the feeling...

You know what was the worst part of the games from yesterday? When Gronkowski rolled his ankle, and they kept playing it over, and over, and OVER again from all different angles, as if seeing it once wasn't bad enough. Jeez...I wanted to puke it looked so gross. @puke@ @lol@

You know what was the worst part of the games from yesterday? When Gronkowski rolled his ankle, and they kept playing it over, and over, and OVER again from all different angles, as if seeing it once wasn't bad enough. Jeez...I wanted to puke it looked so gross. @puke@ @lol@

He came back and finished the game... That is one tough sob...

dude.. did you watch those games? And actually pay attention? Nobody could have watched the games yesterday and think that the Pats BEAT the Ravens or that the Giants BEAT the Niners.

If you are telling me that the Giants DESERVED to win that game because Kyle Williams accidentally had the ball hit him in the knee when he wasn't trying to catch it, then I don't know what to say to you. If that ball doesn't hit his leg then the 49ers win and you know it. So because the ball scraped his leg the Giants played a better game? lol.. come on man. I know you are a Raiders fan so you must hate the niners (I don't care either way, I just like to see good football) but quit trying to ignore what really happened.

And I am not talking about local media, I am talking about national. The 49ers deserved to win that game and everybody knows it. Same with the Ravens

The NYG deserved to win because they scored more points then the 9ers. Williams is a 9er (probably not for long though). Who cares if one guy messed up? Like I said losers always look for an excuse or a scapegoat. If you want to do this you can go back through the film for the season and discount numerous wins and losses from teams where one guy or one call or one this or one that screwed things. All it amounts to is whining.

I did watch the games. Did you see the final scores? What else do you need? I really don't understand the "deserve to win" mindset. If they didn't outscore their opponents they didn't deserve to win. If they lost than yes that means that New England BEAT Baltimore and NYG BEAT San Francisco. Don't believe me? Turn on the Superbowl in a couple of weeks (not for long because I know you are protesting) and see who is playing. They will be playing because they BEAT the other teams and thus DESERVED to go on to the Superbowl.

Are you telling me SF deserved to win because they scored less points than NYG and their player screwed up? Well hell then if we aren't counting people screwing up against other teams and scoring fewer points = wins than I think my Raiders will be in the Superbowl against your Bears.

On a side note...yes I was very happy SF didn't make it! Now I can walk around without 9er propaganda everywhere! You must know what I mean being here as well. Suddenly the 9er fan population just skyrocketed!

Actually what was worse for the 49ers was the fact that Alex Smith couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with his passing. As to the Ravens well,learn to hold onto the ball better in the end zone. That way,you don't have to worry if your kicker can't make an easy field goal.

• Like 1