Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

I am really hoping Nnamdi resigns with Oak but I know that is next to impossible. If he does leave I too hope he goes to Houston. I'll be so mad if he goes to SF. Oakland needs to hurry up and get that cap space freed up. I know we are in talks with Gaither and Cromartie and would like Oak to make a play for a WR someone like Floyd, Roy Williams or a vet like Mason who could lend some experience and consistency to a young and inconsistent group.

One big thing that happened was Chad Johnson was traded to NE. That is going to be huge.

I am really hoping Nnamdi resigns with Oak but I know that is next to impossible. If he does leave I too hope he goes to Houston. I'll be so mad if he goes to SF. Oakland needs to hurry up and get that cap space freed up. I know we are in talks with Gaither and Cromartie and would like Oak to make a play for a WR someone like Floyd, Roy Williams or a vet like Mason who could lend some experience and consistency to a young and inconsistent group.

One big thing that happened was Chad Johnson was traded to NE. That is going to be huge.

Ochocinco will be a fantasy stud again... LOL

You really want Roy Williams?... I would take Floyd...

Houston got Johnathan Joseph... Plus Danieal Manning since we saved money not getting Nnamdi... I like these signings better now that I think about it...

I wouldn't laugh...Moss was suppose to be done until he went to NE and then he broke the single season TD record. I would take any WR...Floyd would be tops on my list but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Roy Williams. Apparently Chicago thought the same as they signed him. I was really hoping we'd get Cromartie. Now if we want a good corner we have to trade for Samuel.

Vonta Leach signed with Baltimore which sucks for 1 of my keepers in fantasy football (Arian Foster) but great for another (Ray Rice). Also thankfully Bradshaw resigned with the NYG as he will be a keeper for my wife.

Foster is a good runner... I think Casey will do enough of a job for Foster to cut and run... That being said... Vonta is a beast who lays out anyone that stands in front of him... Ray Rice will have a good year... Its also a plus that McGahee the vulture is gone...

People sighted Moss in Houston before his retirement announcement... I was hoping he signed with the Texans...

I think it's about time Randy bowed out. He still had the talent and ability to play, but he just didn't seem to have the desire to go through the motions.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Ochocinco have a killer fantasy season. Brady seems to have a way of making almost anyone look like and All-Pro. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats didn't turn Haynesworth around either. They rarely take gambles on players. They always seem to have a plan for their acquisitions. I'm interested in seeing what's up with Albert come this season.

One can hope. Shannahan won't have success in Washington for a number of reasons. His success in Denver came from a few things, most of which he doesn't have in Washington.

1) A great offensive line. That line he had in Denver made average running backs a threat. They made the running back by committee mean something because they would get the initial push and the RB could just fall forward for 4-5 yards.

2) An above average secondary. Which they got thanks to the Redskins, ironically. That Bailey for Protis trade was a steal for Denver. Having a shut down corner in the NFL puts a ton of pressure on the opposing QBs. Do they force it at that shut down guy? Do they try to get their #2 and #3 receiver the ball instead and hope they can make the plays of their #1 guy? Is that whole side of the field cut off now? Tons of things to process while you have lineman and linebackers breathing down your neck. And that's not even counting when he had Lynch back there at safety.

3) A team that bought into the concept of team. Let's face it, the Redskins have had issues with the team concept for many years now. Whether it's Portis trying to get his multiple personalities air time during interviews, or last years hype with McNabb, Shannahan, and Haynesworth. Washington has been about spending big money on names, and not on the best pick at a certain position. And those names think they're bigger than the team because they get paid that way. Denver was never really afraid to trade away anyone. And the players that they did have usually played within the team's concept and accepted their roles.

Bottom line, Shannahan is not going to relive his success from Denver unless there are some serious changes within the organization.

Don't forget that Shanahan also came to a team with John Elway for his first few years there. That can be a big help to a new coach.

Oh, yeah, for sure. The Elway card is an easy one to pull on him, so I just went with some of the other less obvious ones.

Good thing it's only pre-season. Vick had three picks last night.

When I turned the game on, the announcer said that Vick was 5 of 9 and three of the passes were to the Steelers, it made me smile on the inside. My dog stood up and howled in approval.