Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

For all you people rooting for the Jets because of Ben Roethlisberger's sexual misconduct I have this courtesy of a friend:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/12504422/

http://deadspin.com/5739780/why-no-one-remembers-the-mark-sanchez-rape-case

Considering some of the issues coming out of the Jets locker room Sanchez must feel right at home.

The Bears need to pick it up in this second half, or it looks like I'll be cheering for Green Bay in the Superbowl...

Did they just show Mark Sanchez picking his nose and wiping it on one of the coaches on the sideline? @loll@

What looked to be a blowout in the Steelers/Jets game has turned out to be a pretty good game in the fourth.

I have question for you football fans.every year the NFL has neutral locations for the super bowl.What would happen if the super bowl was held in Tampa (my area) and lets say the Buccaneers are in it..What does the NFL do ? Do they change the venue?

I have question for you football fans.every year the NFL has neutral locations for the super bowl.What would happen if the super bowl was held in Tampa (my area) and lets say the Buccaneers are in it..What does the NFL do ? Do they change the venue?

No, they don't change the host city as far as I know.

Usually, I like the Superbowl to be a close and interesting game...but this year I hope Green Bay completely dominates Pittsburgh, and makes them look like a bunch of little girls.

No, they don't change that. That's why Jerry Jones was so disappointed this year. He would have loved to have the Cowboys in this years SB with that new stadium of his.

No way dude. These things are set in stone years ahead of time.

In fact one of the early excuses for the Cowboys failed season was the "pressure" placed on them to go to the Super Bowl, which is held at their stadium this year.

In fact one of the early excuses for the Cowboys failed season was the "pressure" placed on them to go to the Super Bowl, which is held at their stadium this year.

I'm just playing devils advocate I think it could happen at some point in time :)

I'm just playing devils advocate I think it could happen at some point in time :)

If the Colts go to the Super Bowl next year, or if the Saints go in 2013, then it would be a first that I know of. I know it was held in Pasadena more than once with a California team in it. But that wasn't their "Home" field.

So there is no back up plan if it should happen?

No, in fact it is an incentive for a team to win if it's going to be in their house.

I doubt that the NFL will let it happen The other team will complain

What? The players don't have a choice in the matter. If the NFL says "You are going to play in a parking lot", then that's where they will play. Do you really think the NFL would have told the city of Dallas "Sorry, but we want to fair to the other team". No.

Like cjfan32 said, it's set in stone.

No, in fact it is an incentive for a team to win if it's going to be in their house.

What? The players don't have a choice in the matter. If the NFL says "You are going to play in a parking lot", then that's where they will play. Do you really think the NFL would have told the city of Dallas "Sorry, but we want to fair to the other team". No.

Like cjfan32 said, it's set in stone.

Well it cool that the NFL doesn't act like liberals and say we have to be fair to everybody so some won't feel sad.Like some schools are doing now

Everybody is winner :rolleyes::rolleyes:

God how I wished we played the first half the way we played the second. Man so disappointing we go two years in a row to the AFC championship and fall short.

Hey, this the way I see it. I would rather lose in the play-offs than lose in the Super Bowl. Teams like the Bills and the Vikings end up with a "curse" so to speak. I hate losing to the damn cheese heads, but it beats losing on center stage in the Big Game.

...with that said, take a wild guess who I'm rooting for. @firedevil@

holy crap dude! have you ever watched a football game before? lol

God how I wished we played the first half the way we played the second. Man so disappointing we go two years in a row to the AFC championship and fall short.

yeah, that sucked man... it really came down to that fumble by Sanchez that the Steelers took in for a TD... that put the lead too far away..

well actually, the Jets would have been tied at the end of the game 24-24 if Dustin Keller would have caught that TD in the 3rd quarter.

I am definitely rooting for the Packers.. and it will be a tough battle for them, even though I think they are a much better team. The NFL just always favors the Steelers.

Man I hate the Steelers.. they get all the calls their way and don't even get flagrant ones called against them. On two plays in a row they should have received blatant personal fouls. When James Harrison elbows Mark Sanchez in the back of the head 2 seconds after Sanchez slides, and then the very next play when the other LB spears the Jets player with a malicious helmet first hit. However, no flags were thrown.

As for the Bears.. it was really a huge disappointment. I actually knew they were going to lose... but not the way they did.

I figures the offense wouldn't show up, and I was mostly right. I don't understand the play-calling at all. They kept trying to shove the ball down the Packers' throats, and that just didn't work. And they barely attempted any throws further than 10 yards. They also completely ignored Greg Olson and the middle of the field. It was just pretty bad coaching.

I also thought Cutler could have come back in because he played the first series in the 3rd and he looked good enough to keep playing. But as soon as they brought in Todd Collins, I gave up for good. I already knew Hanie was way better just from Preseason and Collins' only game against the Panthers (4 INTs). We wasted 2 crucial possessions with Collins at QB.

I also think the coaches lost the game by punting in the first half instead of going for some long field goals. We have one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the game. They didn't even let him attempt two field goals that he would have had a shot. I remember they passed on a 48 yarder, and instead punted, which resulted in only an 11 yard net. Big mistake. We left 6 points on the board with those decisions. That would have let us attempt a FG for the win at the end, instead of needing a TD to tie.

And again, when the Bears were pinned inside the 2, they went with 2 running plays and a litle screen. They didn't get jack and we had to punt. GB got the ball inside the 44, and they punched it in for a TD. You have to be agressive if you want to win.

Special teams was also horrible. Graham ruined 2 good punts by Brad Maynard, that would have put GB inside the 5 twice (once on the 1).

The refs also were pretty bad for us today. Every crucial call went against the Bears. We finished the game with 89 penalty yards, GB only had 40. And alot of them were BS. A phantom holding call kills our first trip into the red zone, a terrible pass interference keeps a GB drive alive when we should have got the ball with great field position, they fail to overturn the false interception by GB even when the Head of NFL referees is inside the commentator booth saying that it should be overruled and the Bears should have got the ball back... little things like that can kill a team when the game is close and they are trying to get momentum.

But I don't feel that bad about it because I know that there were two key plays that cost us the game. 1, Brian Urlacher letting Aaron Rodgers "tackle" him after the interception instead of taking it for a TD. Rodgers was overrunning the play, there was no way he could stop and even get a good shot at Urlacher. He just barely touches Brian's leg and Urlacher loses his balance! WTF?? Urlacher should have turned around and gave the ball to Charles Tillman, then he should have blasted Rodgers in a block. If that happens, we are trying for a FG and the win at the end, instead of a TD for the tie. 2, the big one, Hanie's pick six to BJ Raji on the 10 yard line. That was just a sad mistake from a lack of experience. I don't know how he could miss a giant guy right in front of his face, but he did. If he doesn't throw that pick, the Bears have a great chance to win.

I think the Bears deserved to win for the most part, but they just made too many mistakes. After the first quarter, the defense really held GB down. And in the second half, they outright dominated. But once again, the offense let them down.

I don't know.. maybe they win if Cutler stays in the game and benefits from the defense's play in the second half and the momentum they had... maybe they win if Urlacher runs back that TD.. maybe they win if Hanie doesn't throw the pick.. maybe they win if the refs don't give all the calls to GB... I don't know... but I think GB played just a little bit better, and got the big plays when they needed them.

I'll be rooting for GB in the Superbowl.

yeah, that sucked man... it really came down to that fumble by Sanchez that the Steelers took in for a TD... that put the lead too far away..

well actually, the Jets would have been tied at the end of the game 24-24 if Dustin Keller would have caught that TD in the 3rd quarter.

For real so many different scenario's could have played out. Really disappointing especially since I live in Florida and have to hear all the Dolf@g$ talking smack. Oh well we are building a winner just hope we get to sign our WR core this off season and build on the lines on both sides of the ball.