Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

Wow...it's looking like Baltimore wants to give this game away now.

I thought the same thing. Another bought and PAID for Squealers victory? I can't stand either team, but I thought the Ravens were throwing the ball away on purpose and definitely DROPPING the ball just as deliberately. The officiating sucked big time as well. Vegas odds must be trying to capitalize on a Pittsburgh New England championship game, so I'm expecting New York to pull the same crap tomorrow, mark my words. PRO sports suck!

What was your beef with the refs? Too many flags?

They were RELENTLESS! That was the longest 1st of penalty-riddled pro football I've watched in a long time. I know these guys hate each other and it was going to be physical but that was ridiculous, plus I think the flags favored Pittsburgh (like always) when a lot of crap could have been thrown on them as well.

Green Bay is looking pretty damn good and at the right time. Usually, the team with the bye week (and the home field advantage) take these divisional playoff games (more often than not) but the Falcons just didn't look good at all. I really had no preference on this game, but Green Bay has won me over for the rest of the season and I'd like to see a Jets/Packers match-up for the SB.

On another positive note, my Buckeyes won their Basketball game against Penn State and are now #1!! ^_^

Yup, we already knew the refs would be pulling for the Steelers and Patriots.. like they always do.. but this was just sad today.

The refs already decided that the Steelers were going to win, and it showed in the last few minutes big time.

When the Ravens should have went up by 4 points after the punt return TD, the refs call a completely BS holding against the Ravens. They still had a chance to score the TD after, but that right there stole 4 points from them.

Then they call a penalty against the Ravens on 4th and 19. Yes, the Steelers caught it anyways, but the refs still called a penalty that would have given them a 1st and saved their day. And the play wasn't even near the damn ball.

And finally, when the Ravens stuffed the Steelers on 3rd and goal from the 7, the refs call defensive holding on a defensive lineman, (again, completely away from the play). This gave the Steelers 1st and goal from the 2 yard line. So they were then able to go for a TD instead of a field goal. And this also forced the Ravens to burn up their timeouts, which they desperately needed on the next drive. The referees really blatantly blew it on this one... holding against a DL is one of the rarest penalties in football at any level. And they completely missed the OBVIOUS hold against the Steelers on the same exact play at the point of attack. A Ravens DL broke through the line to make the tackle and the TE grabbed him around the neck and took him to the ground. THAT was holding...

same old NFL... big market teams get all the calls because they bring in more viewers.. NBA is like that too though

same old NFL... big market teams get all the calls because they bring in more viewers.. NBA is like that too though

Not to derail this topic, but you know what pisses me off in the NBA? Pump-faking, getting the defender in the air and jumping into them. Granted, two of my favorite players use this tactic to get to the line (Paul Pierce and D-Wade), but it's still BS...Kobe does it all the time too.

If you jump into a man that's going STRAIGHT up to block a shot, it should be an offensive foul.

This should be part of the rules, along with the "no flopping" rule they were supposed to implement, but you still have jack@sses like Ginobili flopping all over the court.

Baltimore was called for six penalties, 74 yards. Pittsburgh was called for nine penalties for 93 yards.

And CLAM, I love how you blame the refs for everything but not the Ravens for three turnovers in the second half and TJ Houshmandzadeh dropping the ball on fourth-and-18 when he's wide open.

Nor did you bring up that tuck rule call. Not only did they call Baltimore TD on the field it was reinforced on replay. And the fact that they put six seconds back on the clock for not noticing John Harbaugh call a timeout.

It give me no joy to hold the Steelers hand in victory. But the facts are the facts.

Baltimore was called for six penalties, 74 yards. Pittsburgh was called for nine penalties for 93 yards.

And CLAM, I love how you blame the refs for everything but not the Ravens for three turnovers in the second half and TJ Houshmandzadeh dropping the ball on fourth-and-18 when he's wide open.

Nor did you bring up that tuck rule call. Not only did they call Baltimore TD on the field it was reinforced on replay. And the fact that they put six seconds back on the clock for not noticing John Harbaugh call a timeout.

It give me no joy to hold the Steelers hand in victory. But the facts are the facts.

The Ravens sucked.. Flacco is a terrible QB, and the receivers dropped some very important passes.. but they shouldn't have needed to play a perfect game. The Steelers sucked too, but the refs saved them.

I saw the "tuck rule" play.. Big Ben had an empty hand on the way through.. it was correctly called a fumble. It wasn't the tuck rule.

on a side note.. did anyone catch that the NFL is now investigating the Patriots for cheating AGAIN?

turns out that it was New England that originated the sideline-wall-tripping thing on special teams, not the Jets. An ex-Patriot practice squad player came forward and admitted that they were instructed to cheat. They showed the footage on FOX today before the Bears game.

on a side note.. did anyone catch that the NFL is now investigating the Patriots for cheating AGAIN?

turns out that it was New England that originated the sideline-wall-tripping thing on special teams, not the Jets. An ex-Patriot practice squad player came forward and admitted that they were instructed to cheat. They showed the footage on FOX today before the Bears game.

AFC = All Full of Cheaters @smilepunch@

It's not necessarily about the quantity of penalities or the yards imposed, but the QUALITY of some of them and their timing. Flags can be thrown on every down in every game so it's too selective as it is on what gets flagged and what doesn't, and I witnessed a lot of sh@# plays that went unnoticed by the refs, which certainly favored the Steelers. The "tuck rule" wasn't applicable in the Roethlisberger fumble as he tucked and then pulled it in and tucked once more and before his arm came forward on his 3rd passing attempt, it got knocked out.....equals fumble.

I'm still more convinced that some Ravens players (notably Flacco and Houshmandzadeh) took a dive on this game.

I'm still more convinced that some Ravens players (notably Flacco and Houshmandzadeh) took a dive on this game.

I got an Uncle Mike (I think everyone should have one :P ) and he's always right about judging teams and outcomes by a 90% margin. No, he doesn't gamble.

He was positive that the Ravens were the best and most balanced team in the AFC. I think he would agree with you on that. ;)

Seattle-A gut feeling.

Patriots-Please...

"A gut feeling."? Better take some Pepto. @smilepunch@

"Patriots-Please..."? It's half-time and their down by 2 TD's.

The Pats better PLEASE get their a$$ in gear. <_<

Looks like the Patriots lose, so that makes me happy.

Now, if the Jets can beat the Steelers, the Superbowl will be fun to watch.

Seattle-A gut feeling.

Patriots-Please...

"A gut feeling."? Better take some Pepto. smile2.gif

The Pats better PLEASE get their a$$ in gear. dry.gif

I need the Pepto for the latter.

Or the lasangna I had for dinner.

Seattle-A gut feeling.

Patriots-Please...

Well, all I can say is that either the Bears or the Pack with polish off the Jets or Steelers. ;) We'll get revenge for ya.

Yeah, that's a real conclusive video. I shudder if this one goes to trial.

Seattle-A gut feeling.

Patriots-Please...

Well, all I can say is that either the Bears or the Pack with polish off the Jets or Steelers. wink.gif We'll get revenge for ya.

Good. I have no faith in Big Ben to do the right thing. I'm all for the Bears for you and CLAM.

The thought of the Jets in the Super Bowl makes me ill.

hellz yeah!!! soooo glad to see the patriots lose!

(if the Ravens didn't get cheated yesterday, I would be able to rest easy knowing that I would be happy with any outcome of the Superbowl... but the cheating Steelers are still in it.. so I will have to wait until they get knocked out... if they don't get it handed to them again)

what a great day of football all around!

(if the Ravens didn't get cheated yesterday, I would be able to rest easy knowing that I would be happy with any outcome of the Superbowl... but the cheating Steelers are still in it.. so I will have to wait until they get knocked out... if they don't get it handed to them again)

What do ya think? Bears - Jets?

Been there, beat that. @loll@

Looks like it's going to be up to the JETS to make the piggies in PITTSBURGH squeal like ol' Ned Beatty next week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlLMpr8b6xw

@loll@

Bears or Packers are going to win the Super Bowl though.

Dude.. you need to quit jinxing our Bears!

Dude.. you need to quit jinxing our Bears!

Jinxes are for Baseball. Being confident has it's advantages. We may not be shooting a music video singing the "Super Bowl Shuffle", but things look good for us. ;)