Let's Just Talk Football

Dragon66

I wish they would've beat the Pats today...I hate NE almost as bad as I hate the Lakers when it comes to sports teams.

Bad teams tend to lose to good ones.

You keep that up, and I'll start having you quoting how much you love Martha Steward's wardrobe. @grumpy@

Sounds like an abuse of power to me.

And I was actually busting balls when you made that comment earlier in the week about the Pats beating the Bears. I thought the Chicago D would at least make it competitive.

lol Wiseman.

But let's talk about something we can all agree on.

The Jets are about to implode and I can't stop laughing about it. I knew they weren't as good as their record indicated and it was only a matter of time before the free fall kicked in.

lol Wiseman.

But let's talk about something we can all agree on.

The Jets are about to implode and I can't stop laughing about it. I knew they weren't as good as their record indicated and it was only a matter of time before the free fall kicked in.

The Jets are the next "threat" da Bears have to face for the regular season. However I think we will take the Jet in a big way, just like they did the Eagles. ;)

Steelers go up against the Jets next week. What do you guys think? Who do you think will win that game?? :)

More class from this gutter trash organization:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32GjasxOvU

Stay classy New York.

I was watching that game when that happened.

That assistant coach should lose his job, IMO.

More class from this gutter trash organization:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32GjasxOvU

Stay classy New York.

I was watching that game when that happened.

That assistant coach should lose his job, IMO.

UPDATE. The status of that coach's suspention went from "rest of the season" to "indefinite". Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sal-Alosi-s-devious-act-was-not-a-coincidence?urn=nfl-296526

Ya gotta wonder how long and how many times he's been doing that. Sad.

Donavon McNabb has been benched and is now the third string quarterback. There is a clause in his contract that essentially says that if he is cut by the Redskins after the first season, that he recieves no more money from them. My bet is that he ends up in Minnesota next year.

We have some big games this weekend, Jacksonville vs. Indy for the division lead, the Jets vs. the Steelers (who probably won't have Polamalu), the Packers vs. Patriots (No Rodgers in this game means no Playoffs for Green Bay), and the Bears vs. Vikings at the University of Minnesota (No alcohol to help ease the pain of the Vikings fans).

oh boy Darthjoe... KC better win all their games now!

Ya, I'm getting a little worried now. I think the Chiefs proved they can't really do much without Cassel (as much as I dislike him), and he's still listed as questionable for this weekend.

Well, I think the Chiefs pretty much have their game against the Rams wrapped up, unless the Rams have a huge fourth quarter.

I think the pressure is off KC at this point. Their last two games are at Arrowhead, and San Diego's last two games are away games. The only thing that could really stop KC from taking the AFC West at this point is which Oakland team shows up for their last game of the season. If Oakland gets their running game going, KC could be in trouble there.

HAHAHA! OMG! Anyone just see the ending to the Eagles/Giants game?

The Eagles come back in the fourth quarter and win it off a bobbled punt return. This is especially funny considering the way the announcers were sucking New York's d*ck the entire game.

This is especially funny considering the way the announcers were sucking New York's d*ck the entire game.

On a side note reguarding this, ... This is something that has always bothered me about pro sports in general. It's like if you are not out of New York or Los Angeles, sports casters don't want to give you any credit. I know Chicago has the Bulls, but they tend to $#!% on the Bears.

I don't know where the root of all of this truly lies (other than money), but just because most of the sports news station is based in New York, doesn't mean they have to root for them and ignore the rest of the country.

P.S.- Spell check doesn't recognize the word Los Angeles. @loll@

This is especially funny considering the way the announcers were sucking New York's d*ck the entire game.

On a side note reguarding this, ... This is something that has always bothered me about pro sports in general. It's like if you are not out of New York or Los Angeles, sports casters don't want to give you any credit. I know Chicago has the Bulls, but they tend to $#!% on the Bears.

I don't know where the root of all of this truly lies (other than money), but just because most of the sports news station is based in New York, doesn't mean they have to root for them and ignore the rest of the country.

Apparently, it doesn't check the word "regarding" either. ;)

You forgot that hillbilly in Indianapolis.

He gets glory because he won a Superbowl, along with his brother that plays for who? That's right,.. New York. @lol@

He gets glory because he won a Superbowl, along with his brother that plays for who? That's right,.. New York. @lol@

Dude, sports reporters, commentators, etc. have permanent dirt marks on their knees because of Peyton Manning. The five years before he won that SB all I heard about was how unstoppable he was. Right up until Bill Belichick made him eat sh*t.

More recently he just threw 11 INTs during a three game losing streak and it was everyone else's fault except Manning. Injuries. The running backs. The o-line. The receivers. The defense. The weather. The lack of weather. The mascot. The other team. Heck I think Rodney Harrison was even making excuses for him.

To better answer your question yes, NYC and LA are the big markets but there's also a "if we're not nice to them they'll cut us off" sense of "journalism". For more on this phenomena see Tiger Woods.