Superman/Shazam Return of Black Adam

Superpowers1980

I wont be buying this one. I bought the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse blu-ray and was really let down. It's not that it was bad, but the writing quality was more akin to a Justice League Unlimited episode than something you would expect from a full blown animated movie. Nothing really made sense, everything that happens just seems to be an excuse to have another fight. After Under the Redhood I thought the DC animated movies had turned a corner and then Superman/Batman brought me back to reality.

I really don't get how critical people are......comic fans and the like seem to just hate everything or seem to hate more than they love. I don't see how SB Apoc was any different in terms of style and substance to any other DC movie aside from UTRH and WW. Also that was pretty much the plot of the book, seriously Darkseid takes Supergirl and comes back to taunt Superman.

Hey Pooda, did I beat you to it this time???

yeah....you did, good sir.@haha@

I wont be buying this one. I bought the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse blu-ray and was really let down. It's not that it was bad, but the writing quality was more akin to a Justice League Unlimited episode than something you would expect from a full blown animated movie. Nothing really made sense, everything that happens just seems to be an excuse to have another fight. After Under the Redhood I thought the DC animated movies had turned a corner and then Superman/Batman brought me back to reality.

I really don't get how critical people are......comic fans and the like seem to just hate everything or seem to hate more than they love. I don't see how SB Apoc was any different in terms of style and substance to any other DC movie aside from UTRH and WW. Also that was pretty much the plot of the book, seriously Darkseid takes Supergirl and comes back to taunt Superman.

yeah....you did, good sir.laugh.gif

We may be at match point............what did you think of the movie. I watched the Black Adam story again.

Watched this tonight and I enjoyed it. I didn't, however, realize this was a short. And would be a compilation of all of the other shorts. The 24 min run time was really disappointing. Fortunately, I hadn't seen any of the other shorts aside from Jonah Hex so I had plenty to watch.

We may be at match point............what did you think of the movie. I watched the Black Adam story again.

i liked it.....a lot, but they made supes too weak.

i liked it.....a lot, but they made supes too weak.

They always make Supes and punching bag because he can take it. I always notice things like that but I understand that they had to keep the focus on Captain Marvel though Supes held his own, he gave Adam a couple of knocks that sent him flying...lol

is this set of shorts in stores now?

Would love to see Black Adam square off against both of those heroes.

Yes, I think you would enjoy the movie, they pack a lot in a short amount of time. Enough to give you impressions of Black Adam and Captain Marvel as charactes. Also the other shorts are also good. The Jonah Hex short is better than the entire live action movie.

thanks for the info Super Powers.

Thank Goodness I saw Jonah Hex for $1.00

Is the Spectre and the Green Arrow shorts on here as well?

Still can't find it in stores yet.

Yup, Shazam/Superman is 24 min. Then it has 12 minute shorts of Spectre, Green Arrow, and Jonah Hex. In the specials menu there is also an area where Bruce Timm picks an episode of B:TAS with Hex, B:BATB with Spectre, and Justice League Unlimited with Green Arrow and Captain Marvel. Those were fun to watch as well.

And it was in stores on Tues. I just rented it.

It (Black Adam) was the right length for what it is. I'd say the threadbare plot left it feeling a little over long, but at least it's not 60 minutes over long like the rest of the ho-hum DC animated movies released to video.

Arnold Vosloo as Black Adam was great and the character designer did a wonderful job on all the characters.

At the end of the day, this is another one DC can keep. I'll stick it out for Young Justice as DC's TV shows have been heads and tails above the direct to video stuff they've been crapping out.

• Like 1

ok call me crazy, but what is the actual titie of this series of shorts?

I am running around wal-Mart looking for Black Adam attacks and that ain't it!!!! LOL

Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam

I love of people have so much interest in things they dislike

i1gmqq.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah I'll continue to watch DC animated movies just for the sheer hell of saying I don't like them. I''ll continually subject myself to them over and over and over and over again to replay my disappointment and then I'll anticipate the next movie, again and again and again and again all so I can complain, mock, or discredit again, and again, and again and again and again.

Young Justice is coming, I will hate it but I can't help my self, the process must be repeated over and over and over and over again

Yeah I'll continue to watch DC animated movies just for the sheer hell of saying I don't like them. I''ll continually subject myself to them over and over and over and over again to replay my disappointment and then I'll anticipate the next movie, again and again and again and again all so I can complain, mock, or discredit again, and again, and again and again and again.

And they'll be pirated copies, right? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

i1gmqq.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Young Justice is coming, I will hate it but I can't help my self, the process must be repeated over and over and over and over again

yeah, you don't do that. instead, you continue ordering motuc figs despite hating mattel and digital river (according to your own words).

And they'll be pirated copies, right? rolleyes.gif

Throw the smiley face up there to hide your real intent. You know Arrow if you were so inept in understanding and or listening to anyone above your own voice you would of heard me say that I buy all the movies. But 1. you ignored that because it doesn't align with your hate spewing nonsense, 2. you like to play moral police when your the most depraved of us all. smile2.gif

i1gmqq.gif

hqdefault.jpg

yeah, you don't do that. instead, you continue ordering motuc figs despite hating mattel and digital river (according to your own words).

I have made my points clear enough that any asshat should of been able to understand but here we go.

I like the MOTUC figures, what I don't like is the service. The difference is that I like the content, SOME people here don't like the content yet they consistently subject themselves to it for no other reason that "just because". Again and hopefully you will be able to follow clearly - I like MOTUC figures, I like the content what I do not like is the service but I put up with it month after month because of the content, but there is no reason for someone to constantly buy and watch DC movies if they are always complaining about them. Stop trying to start something because you clearly have no base for it.

SP - you are the one starting something. you apparently can't handle it when someone has an opinion that differs from your own. take a step back and realize that their opinion doesn't harm you whatsoever. if they want to watch dc movies even tho they don't like them, it doesn't hurt you.

• Like 1

SP - you are the one starting something. you apparently can't handle it when someone has an opinion that differs from your own. take a step back and realize that their opinion doesn't harm you whatsoever. if they want to watch dc movies even tho they don't like them, it doesn't hurt you.

It doesn't hurt me and I take no personal offense. What is surprising rather than placing the looking glass on top of me is that no one acknowledges the insanity of a person who would constantly watch something they clearly do not like. Seriously, I stopped liking Family Guy so I stopped watching it, its just that simple if they constinually fail you then why subject yourself to continuous disappointment. It's total insanity.