Kingdom Come DCUC

Flounnderr

Hey everyone,

So we already have the Atom from Kingdom come for DCUC and he's getting pretty lonely. When is Mattel going to start with Kingdom Come figures mixed into the waves?

The DC Direct ones looked great but had almost zero articulation. I think it'd be a great idea to mix some variety in the line using the big characters (ex: KC Superman, KC Wonder Woman... ect). Much better than Zebra Batman.

regards

Joshua aka the champ

Hey everyone,

So we already have the Atom from Kingdom come for DCUC and he's getting pretty lonely. When is Mattel going to start with Kingdom Come figures mixed into the waves?

The DC Direct ones looked great but had almost zero articulation. I think it'd be a great idea to mix some variety in the line using the big characters (ex: KC Superman, KC Wonder Woman... ect). Much better than Zebra Batman.

regards

Joshua aka the champ

DCUC KC Atom???

Actually, Flounderr IS correct: The variant CAPTAIN ATOM from WAVE 4 is from KINGDOM COME!

CAPTAIN ATOM wore a gold-and-red suit in his original incarnation from CHARLTON, but it did NOT look like his outfit from his brief appearance in KINGDOM COME (see the attached pics for a comparison).

CAPTAIN ATOM did appear in a DC/WildStorm cross-over about 3-4 years ago wearing the KINGDOM COME outfit, but that was not it's first appearance - he wore it first in KC.

And, if memory serves, MATTEL marketed the variant as such.

So again, Flounderr is correct.

And I second his opinion: I'd like to see more KINGDOM COME characters in DCUC - a LOT more!

post-22811-12875943148788_thumb.jpg

post-22811-12875943194472_thumb.jpg

Not interested myself. If they do them I would hope they do them as box sets, 2-Packs or just a full wave of Kingdom Come figures and not just mix them in with non Kingdom Come figures... that way I can just skip them.

I also wish that DC's next animated project was KINGDOM COME...But it will probably never happen.

Now that I would like to see. But it would have to be CGI so they could try an make it look like Alex Ross art. Does Bruce Timm not like like Kingdom Come? I got that impression when I saw his response to the idea of a Kingdom Come animated movie.

I was just thinking it would be a good idea of getting main characters in each of the waves, with a variant costume that is more interesting than a repaint (aka Wave 10 Batman, or Superman repacks).

Eventually we'll get a jay garrick flash and all they'd need to do is cast him in translucent red for the KC variant. Others obviously would need new molds. I think it's something they could add a well known name in KC costume here and there to fill out a wave.

regards

Joshua aka the champ

Kingdom Come figures would be a welcome addition to the DCUC line up.

Oh and yes a DCUC animated movie for Kingdom Come should happen.......if they can contain larger stories in a single DVD they for sure should be able to contain KC. I think they really should go all out too.......as many characters as they can fit, I always feel like Timm wants the least amount of characters possible in a story and on screen.

Still tons of DCU proper characters I'd rather see first.

Yeah, i understand that... I'd still rather have a KC Batman than blue devil.

To each his own. I'd rather have more obscure characters than another Batman. :) It's all good. I also prefer DCUC be kept away from the DC Direct 'artist/storyline specific' model (which seems like it may be changing soon anyway).

Not interested myself. If they do them I would hope they do them as box sets, 2-Packs or just a full wave of Kingdom Come figures and not just mix them in with non Kingdom Come figures... that way I can just skip them.

I also wish that DC's next animated project was KINGDOM COME...But it will probably never happen.

Now that I would like to see. But it would have to be CGI so they could try an make it look like Alex Ross art. Does Bruce Timm not like like Kingdom Come? I got that impression when I saw his response to the idea of a Kingdom Come animated movie.

Hmmmm. I would actually prefer to see a KINGDOM COME animated film done in Timm's classic, animated art-style...I just dig it. But I'd still buy it, regardless of the style...I just want it done!

Now this I would love. But to be fair for those not interested, perhaps a seperate wave or boxed sets is in order!!! Cause I love this book, and have for over 10 Years now, and would love to see more figures in that style;, others prefer getting just figures from the regular DCU!!!

An animated movie would be awesome, but not in the BTAS style!!!

Magog is a must for DCUC, I need him for my modern JSA. As for the others, Supes, Green Lantern Red Robin and Flash would be very cool. Heck Flash could even be the variant classic Flash when he finally gets released.

Hmmmm. I would actually prefer to see a KINGDOM COME animated film done in Timm's classic, animated art-style...I just dig it. But I'd still buy it, regardless of the style...I just want it done!

Love the old Bruce Timm style art... but in my head I can't think of Kingdom Come without seeing the art of Alex Ross. If it does ever get made I'm sure it will be some style of more traditional 2d animation because the cost for a CGI animated movie would be cost prohibitive for a direct to video movie and any non kid friendly theatrical release of an animated movie is doomed to failure (if history is any indication). Of course I would watch it either way... but I think it would be jarring (for me) to see it in some other style.