Green Lantern: The Animated Series’ Concept Art, Plot Details, & Footage

Wheeljack35

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-animated-series-details-images-clips-benm-82463/

At the NYCC ‘Green Lantern: The Animated Series’ panel, Geoff Johns, Bruce Timm and producers Giancarlo Volpe and Jim Krieg released story details, concept art and footage from the show.

Green Lantern Animated Series Produced by Bruce Timm

Warner Bros.’ Green Lantern: The Animated Series is slated to be released in the wake of the Green Lantern movie—as was recently mentioned by Kofi Outlaw, who attended the Geoff Johns panel at NYCC this past weekend.

Executive Producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and Producers Giancarlo Volpe (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and Jim Krieg (Fox’s Spider-Man) were on hand at a separate panel, moderated by Geoff Johns, to discuss the series, its style, its story, and its release date, amongst other things. Plot details, concept art, and test footage ahoy.

* Characters that will appear in the first season include: Hal Jordan, Kilowog, the Guardians, Carol Ferris, Sayd, Salaak, Atrocitus, and Zillious Zox. (And that’s just to start!)

* The first season’s antagonists will be the Red Lantern Corps, led by Atrocitus, though other Lanterns and Corps may show up.

* Dex-Starr, a fan favorite feline Red Lantern, might make an appearance.

* Guy Gardner, the most raucous of the four human Green Lanterns from the comic book, might make an appearance, as well.

* There will be no origin story in the series (perhaps because the movie will establish an origin well enough).

* Blackest Night, a popular DC Universe comics crossover event from last year wherein dead superheroes and Lanterns rose from the grave, will likely take place at some point in the series.

* Despite being a children’s show, there will be death(s).

* Very little of the series will take place on Earth.

* In a bit of a departure from the comic book, the Green Lantern Corps will have their own vehicles, due to the astronomical distance to some of their missions.

* The Green Lantern TV show will not be seeing any appearances from other mainstream DC characters such as Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman.

* Because Sinestro will play such a large role in the movie, the animated series will steer clear of his character…that is, at least for the first season. Apparently, Bruce Timm and company will be building up the anticipation for his character before he debuts on the show.

* The first season will include 26 episodes, and the first thirteen have already been planned.

* Five episodes of the series have been recorded, but it’s still too early to announce voice actors.

* The series will debut near the end of 2011.

Check out the images of the show on the link above and here is some footage that was shown at NYCC

This is a CGI toon

I have to say, I wish it weren't CGI

That was my first thought too....but then I thought well it might help with the energy constructs. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Well, at least you won't have to endure badly animated 2D animation. CGI, even for TV animation, has many qualities that make it better than 2D--for one you won't get weirdly moving vehicles and stuff and things like the timing of the actions will be better. There's a lot of considerations the average layperson or audience member will never notice, but this will be a far better cartoon for its use of CGI.

I mean, it could be worse.........they could be doing it in Flash.