No DC Direct Props at NYCC?

Phillip

A lot of news has come out lately about reorganization within DC due to Warner Bros. taking a more active role in running the company - DC Direct has been hit pretty hard. I'd be surprised if there aren't delays or outright cancellations of a lot of stuff that was previously planned.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/04/thirteen-pieces-of-dc-gossip/

Its too bad they put out some nice life sized props but it just costs so darn much for them is what hurts them... If only they could get out the quality stuff at a cheaper price more people would buy em ...

PS those rings & mini lanterns suck imo! I'll save my cash for the full size ones ! I am really hoping that we get a blue lantern along with a white & red

IMO i think dc direct has just lost contact with the fan base. Yea they did the blackest night stuff but that was the biggest thing to come out of DCD in many years. re issuing the same old #$## month after month Turned people away. I mean hell they would even really do repaints just put the same old crap in different boxes. And the huge lack of articulation hurt too.

Also the pre posed figures sucked. Yea it was big for a while back in the 90's but times have changed and DCD just wasn't fast enough to hop on the coster. Maybe this revamp will do them some good and bring out the best of what DCD used to be

i dont think that props sell as much as one can hope. these things are realy expensive. great non the less but expensive. i was happy when i saw the small lantern battery with the ring in a display. i want them all to put them right in front of my dcuc figs. so the size is ok with me. a big lantern is cool but most have the same problem as i do, where the hell am i gonna put that lantern? i have no space for it. lol.

Maybe DC needs Museum Replicas to take over the props/replicas area. Museum Replicas does a great job with Marvel.

What have they done ?... So far the only official marvel prop I have right now on my collection is stormbreaker .... I got that on sale( I think) for around $100 or so give or take ... Don't really know of many other marvel props out there...