Pirates of the Carribean 4 figures by Jakks Pacific

bgiles73

I just noticed that Jakks Pacific will be doing fully articulated figures for Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides in 4" and 6" scales. Looks like they will be doing figures for the previous movies as well! I hope "Curse of the Black Pearl" will be featured heavily. You can never have too many Undead Pirates! These are up for preorder ind Diamond Previews monthly catalog and at Big Bad Toy Store. They are listed to be out in Feb 2011!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=220&category=7039

i dont get why companys like playmates and jakks are trying to get movie license's? the end result is always crappy. neca did wonderfull with pirates and it would have been great to add some more figs to the collection. now jakks has the license? the mummy anyone? rocky was kind of easy. they just took some wrestling upper torso and done. they didnt even publihed the companys name in the previews. i saw the add and i wanted to know who got the license and it didn't even say. i cant wait to see body builder jack sparrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The past lines weren't big sellers why would anybody want this?

just like with every license out there because a lot of fans would want to complete some collections but since jakks has the license, no one can complete a collection what so ever. you cant match neca with jakks. impossible. who knows the numbers anyway. maybe they did sell, maybe not. i saw a lot of shops restock the 3 3/4 figures over the holydays a few years back. thats all i can say.

just like with every license out there because a lot of fans would want to complete some collections but since jakks has the license, no one can complete a collection what so ever. you cant match neca with jakks. impossible. who knows the numbers anyway. maybe they did sell, maybe not. i saw a lot of shops restock the 3 3/4 figures over the holydays a few years back. thats all i can say.

Finish aline? How? these will have possibly totally different sculpts then those from the past

Finish aline? How? these will have possibly totally different sculpts then those from the past

sad world isn't it? guitar.gif

• 2 months later...

I'm glad. I like Jakks' POTC lines and am glad to see they'll be scale with the last lines. Well, I liked their 4" lines anyway. I totally passed on their 6" ones

jakks never did pirates figures before. well not that i remember.

Oh, Upon further research, I realized Zizzle did the other two lines. Oops! ^^;

And to answer your question, I get the feeling Jakks was cheaper to acquire Necca being a simple toy company while Necca is a high end collectibles company

And I've seen the 4" figures. They don't look horrible. they're clearly "toys" and not "collectibles" but I'm okay with that. I prefer toys over collectibles. The only one I really didn't care for was Barbossa. I'll be skipping him

• 1 month later...

I think the 4 inch figures are actually pretty nice looking for a 4 inch figure. Obviously the 6 inch have more detail, due to their size. Overall though, I think the 4 inch figures are one of the better figure lines of that scale to come out in a while other than the Tron figures from Spin Master. I also like how they made a Queen Anne's Revenge shi[ for the 4 inch line, I think that will definantly help.

- Matt

61jJ-B7xJCL.jpg

I'd rather see NECA keep doing them. Did they lose the license to do the 6-inch figures? I'd also love to see Gentle Giant do a line of mini-busts based on all the films.

NECA didn't show any Pirates toys at Toy Fair, so I don't think they have a license for that movie.

- Matt

• 5 months later...

They don't seem too bad for a movie line. I guess I've just had other priorities. Maybe if they start coming out at discount stores like Ross, Marshall's, and Big Lots for cheap, I might bite. Otherwise they're not quite worth my money right now. I do like some of the sculpts, especially on the larger figures. I just hate hate hate that glowing "ghost face" gimmick the smaller figures come with. They weren't cursed pirates like in the first film, so why the gimmick? It just doesn't make sense at all, and it almost ruins the smaller figures for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw. At four bucks, Barbossa seemed like a better deal so now I own him XD Still can't bring myself to buy Phillip though. Even at 4 bucks. I mean, he didn't really do anything to get an action figure. I also picked up the 6" scale Blackbeard and Angelica at Toys R Us. They had them marked down to about 7 bucks and I really like them.

pirates_toys_by_dragonrider1227-d4oznne.jpg

I especially like how well they go with my Disney Store Jack because their Jack sucks. Even at a marked down price ;p