Walmart-Exclusive DCUC 2-Packs from Wave 1

Wheeljack35

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=16447

All new 2-packs of best-selling, previously-released DCUC figures available only at Walmart! Just like all other previous 2-packs, these packs contain figures and accessories only, not the Collect and Connect™ figure parts. Packs include Gentleman Ghost/Hawkgirl, and Superman/Parasite.

HawkGirlGhost.jpg

SupermanParasite.jpg

I guess the Superman/Parasite two pack was done to please Walmart, but honestly who wants another standard DCUC Superman and Parasite?

I like that they're re-releasing Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost for those that missed them, but who was wanting Parasite?

This guy.

Never got a Parasite first time around. Had ample oppertunity just never pulled the trigger on that one. I'm also still using a old DCSH Superman that has really odd coloring for my display so... yay for that pack.

Was Gentleman Ghost is hard to find? There where three of them at my Target for about three months after that wave hit. Same with Hawkgirl.

Let's see. I have Parasite. Got Superman. Got Hawkgirl. Don't give a rat's big fat hairy one about Gentleman Ghost, but desperately want the Giganta piece (which this set dosen't come with).

Think I'll take whatever Matty is (over)charging for these and put it toward the Ebay price for an original GG.

BTW: I personally find it funny that the press release refers to the figures included in these sets as "best selling," yet Toy Guru claims that sales show that there was no consumer interest in the Gentleman Ghost single.

Seriously like a few have mentioned that people only want GG due to the BAF piece. Any nitwit on ebay can clearly see the difference. This was a poor choice for Mattel, both sets. Every one of these figures can be bought cheaply on ebay...or at least the last time I checked.

BIG QUESTION.........what happened to all the GG figures. Seriously why is everyone missing this figure. It's almost like there is a mass conspiracy that all these figures are hot when this assortment came equally. I never saw one at retail but I did see others, so did Mattel not pack them equally when they sent sets to retail?

I never saw GG or Hawkgirl when they came out and I don't care for GG all I want is Hawkgirl. I'm not getting this series cause of GG.

i think they are a great idea to bring back some characters. some people just started the collection and are realy happy to get some of them. in a way i understand that mattel doesnt include the c&c piece but on the other hand it is a little unfair for people who want to build the c&c and didn't had the chance to. i would love to have a pack with atom and eradictor. i did not buy them at matty because i had riddler and lightning allready. i didnt wanted to buy an entire wave for a c&c i allready have completed. mattel could have changed the coloring on supes with this light blue or hawkgirl could have something different too.

I'll chime in and say I'm happy with the GG/Hawkgirl 2-pack. I snagged Giganta's torso/head off eBay a while back, but I never saw either of those figures out in the wild, so this will fill a gap in my collection perfectly.

With that said, it's just plain asinine that Mattel hasn't fixed the issue of people having incomplete Giganta BAFs. Mattel never fails to astonish me with their poor customer service.

Wave 8 was hard to find at first due to logistical issues then it started to show up but GG was short packed so alot of collectors never saw him. I got mine through mikes comics n stuff along with the rest of wave 8. i may pick it up but i am not sure yet

so there are less GG produced than the rest?

The only ones I ever saw from wave 8 where the Paradeamons and Dr.Fate that was all I ever saw.

I don't much care for the head sculpt on Parasite, other ways I would have got that pack. Yeah I'm not going to buy hg and gg without the cnc piece. All I've seen in my area of wave 8 were vilante, mr. terrific, and Commander Steele. I found Dr. Fate a year or so after the wave's release at a tru. Hope they release wave 8 on the black friday matty sale.

... I personally find it funny that the press release refers to the figures included in these sets as "best selling," yet Toy Guru claims that sales show that there was no consumer interest in the Gentleman Ghost single.

I wonder how they gauged this. Wave 8 was hobbled from the get-go due to one of Mattel's frequent "logistical" problems. The wave was barely distributed before Mattel said, "Sorry. That's all there is. Onto Wave 9!" Gentleman Ghost was the hard to find figure in a hard to find wave. This figure barely had any shelf-life to speak of. If sales show a lack of interest in GG, then what do these sales say about Captain Cold???

By the way, for those who don't have him, let me just say that GG is a spectacular figure. He's one of my favorites of the whole collection.

Wave 8 was hard to find at first due to logistical issues then it started to show up but GG was short packed so alot of collectors never saw him. I got mine through mikes comics n stuff along with the rest of wave 8. i may pick it up but i am not sure yet

GG wasnt short packed he came 2 per case, just like Hawkgirl. GG was just scalped more than any other wave 8 figure.