NYCC Marvel Updates

wolvie82

I think the answer there is because, for the most part, more detail is packed into the actual movie costumes so it may translate better into the 3 3/4'' toy. Comic based figures are mostly all spandex.

Seeing the MU first appearance Storm just amde me want a MArvel Legends FA Storm even more. It's like, the only ML figure I want to see!

I think the answer there is because, for the most part, more detail is packed into the actual movie costumes so it may translate better into the 3 3/4'' toy. Comic based figures are mostly all spandex.

Seeing the MU first appearance Storm just amde me want a MArvel Legends FA Storm even more. It's like, the only ML figure I want to see!

uh.... No.

It's simply that the movie lines get better teams to work on them and more invested into them.

You can't say anything other than that.

The MU line cuts A LOT of corners. Inappropriate reuse of molds and a lack of sculpting and accessories really hurt the line.

For example, when MU reuses a figure, they don't even bother to add sculpted belts, etc.

Several examples of movie/MU figures kill your "spandex theory"

Captain America - movie version is easily better than any of the MU versions, even though they wear the same costume.

Winter Soldier - same exact outfit, but the movie version destroys the MU figure.

Classic Ironman - same armor, but the IM2 figure is 10X better than the girly MU figure.

However, the Wolverine movie figures didn't really hold up their end of the bargain. They were seemingly rushed into production. Most of them have bad face sculpts and they cut corners on guys like Gambit. I prefer the MU Colossus (especially the upcoming 6-pack figure) to the XMOW Colossus. And most of the MU Wolverines are better than the XMOW versions.

Anyhow.. we see with several of the upcoming figures, how great the MU line can be if they just put in the effort and stop half-assing it. The new Cyclops is the best Marvel figure Hasbro has ever done in any scale.

uh.... No.

It's simply that the movie lines get better teams to work on them and more invested into them.

You can't say anything other than that.

The MU line cuts A LOT of corners. Inappropriate reuse of molds and a lack of sculpting and accessories really hurt the line.

For example, when MU reuses a figure, they don't even bother to add sculpted belts, etc.

Several examples of movie/MU figures kill your "spandex theory"

Captain America - movie version is easily better than any of the MU versions, even though they wear the same costume.

Winter Soldier - same exact outfit, but the movie version destroys the MU figure.

Classic Ironman - same armor, but the IM2 figure is 10X better than the girly MU figure.

However, the Wolverine movie figures didn't really hold up their end of the bargain. They were seemingly rushed into production. Most of them have bad face sculpts and they cut corners on guys like Gambit. I prefer the MU Colossus (especially the upcoming 6-pack figure) to the XMOW Colossus. And most of the MU Wolverines are better than the XMOW versions.

Anyhow.. we see with several of the upcoming figures, how great the MU line can be if they just put in the effort and stop half-assing it. The new Cyclops is the best Marvel figure Hasbro has ever done in any scale.

Completely agree, the only thing that was done right for XMOW was the size of wolverine scale wise, and the unmasked wolverine, not to mention comic deadpool and comic sabretooth. And they fixed x-team wolverine(htey copoied my custom). Bit i'm guessing the comic version of thor from the movie is gonna rock!!!!!

Well considering the movie figures are a lot more in demand and more popular to the general public rather then the comics , it seems logical for Hasbro to get a better team to work on the movie lines . I mean , just look at the Iron Man 2 figures . There are so many of them .

What scale are these all for ?

From the pictures I would speculate that all the new movie lines will be in the 3-3/4th scale that fit in with the rest of the Marvel U and Iron Man 2 toys. And the Frost Giant, Sentinel, and Goliath will be the next 12" - 19" giant sized figures in the line.

The only 1/12th scale figures we've seen are the Marvel Legends 2 packs about to come out and the Wal-Mart exclusive Iron Man 2 figures.

Exactly. When you have an action figure with a spandex costume you can crank out dozens of "different" figures with the same mold because they're basically just differnt color skins. Paint on the belts, boots, and gloves if you're REALLY feeling lazy (DCUC does this a lot but no one seems to care). But whatever, I don't even collect this line.

I will probably pick up a 3 3/4'' version of movie Cap and Thor to go with my movie Iron Man and Logan. Those look pretty cool. Then I thought about getting JUST the Cockrum versions of the X-Men figures, but it's a trap I don't want to fall into.

have the sculptors never seen a picture of apocalypse in the comics? there is no need for alliteration. ugh, another thunder thighs figure....

i mean.... not that i have any preference on how they depict a tiny version of my boy 'clypse or anything......>ahem< my friggin avatar?! c'mon hasbro!