Green Lantern Classics Wave 2

spidermanskrull

i dont believe that this line will ever have a movie figure in it. i think that tg released this shadow picture as a bonus for the upcoming movie line. since pics of the movie version of that figure is allready floating around the net. it has nothing to do with the green lantern classic series. my believe is that we get 2 waves of the classics line, for now. then we get all the movie stuff and at sdcc 2011 we will see wave 3 & 4 of the green lantern classics. then everybody has seen enough green for a year and suddenly cant stand green lantern anymore. lol lol.

• Like 2

Nah, the announcement on Mattycollector says the movie preview figure is the sixth figure in this wave(counting the 3-pack as one figure) that you need to build Stel.

you are right. i didnt read the text before. that sucks having a movie figure in the classics wave. it takes a spot of a classic figure we could have. i just hope that it doesnt have any c&c piece. i just wanted to get the hal jordan movie master and nothing else. i dont wanna be stocked with another one. then again, in the end i will have them all once more.lol.

• Like 1

Well if this was just a two wave line then I got to say the character choices really suck balls... @loll@ Aside from a few the waves suck if true... The only reason the waves are decent as is... is if the line is meant to laster longer than 2 + waves & put a couple heavy hitters in each wave & some no name army builders other wise it should all be nothing but heavy hitters lol

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it's weird that they would make skull-head Red Lantern instead of Atrocitus or tree-head Green Lantern before Salaak, Arisia, Soranik Natu, Ganthet, etc. unless they're holding back those figures for later waves. Or maybe they'll do those characters in the "main" DCUC line and they just wanted to get the more obscure characters out in this line.

If this line is replaced with the movie line, I'd prefer a hybrid movie/comic line like Iron Man 2 or Wolverine Origins, as long as there's no build-a-figure crossovers. I don't mind G'Hu, he's an interesting design(looks similar to El Verdugo from Resident Evil 4), but I don't want to have to buy the entire movie line to get Mogo. :P

It's not weird at all.

MATTEL and DC are clearly trying to make as much money as possible with minimum investment in the GL Classics Line. That's why most of the figures use the basic body-buck.

I'd like to see Atrocitus and Salaak, too, but they don't fit the strategy.

I have a feeling that if the line goes beyond 2 waves, we'll see those characters as figures. But for now, it's make as much $$$ as possible before the year ends! That's how corporate marketing budgets are often managed.

• Like 1

I asked for Rayner for years, now they're giving me two

Two? The Ion in wave two is Sodam Yat, not Kyle Rayner.

• Like 1

I was wondering about that my self ... Thought maybe I missed a classic out fit variant or something @loll@

Heh,heh, you said Sodam.

I think I'll just call him Kyle, 'kay? @hmmm@

That is cool I think I will just start calling hal & guy & john & every other lantern kyle from now on! Damn I love all these kyles we are getting !!! @smilepunch@ @loll@

Just put wave1 &2 on order at my lcs I'll be pissed off needless to say if this only turns out to be 2 waves... lets hope its ongoing

That will probably depend on how well the first two waves do. Its not like they announced the first 16 waves of DCUC right out of the gate.

And look at it this way, if these are the only two waves we get, at least we got a bunch of characters that might not have seen the light of day otherwise.

• Like 1

Yes & if it is only the two waves a bunch of these characters should have never seen the light of day & they should have gone with more heavy hitters :D

• Like 1

It's not weird at all.

MATTEL and DC are clearly trying to make as much money as possible with minimum investment in the GL Classics Line. That's why most of the figures use the basic body-buck.

I'd like to see Atrocitus and Salaak, too, but they don't fit the strategy.

I have a feeling that if the line goes beyond 2 waves, we'll see those characters as figures. But for now, it's make as much $$$ as possible before the year ends! That's how corporate marketing budgets are often managed.

I get what you're saying, but even then I think there were more recognizable characters they could have chosen. Red Lantern Guy Gardner, Black Lantern Azrael, Parallax, Saint Walker(using the Mercury body). A Ganthet/Guardian two-pack shouldn't be much harder than the 3-pack since both figures could use the same body.

I'm not complaining, I'm glad to get lesser-known characters, especially Dex-Starr, I'm just surprised that Mattel is making them.

For what it's worth, the GLC Wave 2 set is already pre-sold out at BBTS, just 10 days after the figures were revealed.

We also know about a Batman line, probably in conjunction with the next Batman film.

I actually didn't know about this. Has it been confirmed? I would love a Batman Classics subline...as long as it doesn't have much Batman in it. :)

• Like 1

these figs are allready a succes and they are far away. mattel will continue the line after 2 waves. the reason that there are no leaders is the same as martian manhunter and green arrow. mattel doesnt want to rush things. everybody knows that as soon as the main guys are out, then the line goes down. i just see greatness with these two waves. we get interchangable hands and heads? wow, way to go with the tousands of lanterns out there. the corps will grow much faster this way. we get long awaited kyle rayner, man hunters, abin sur and arkillo in the first wave. thats just awesome. a main dude, army builder, two instead of one yellow members and the begining of the black lanterns. thats a perfect start for me. wave two is even more great. these figs look stunning and i doubt that mattel stays at 2 waves. i think that mattel found the perfect recipe to get us lanterns realy fast and a lot of them at the same time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't hear of when wave 1 is coming out.

• Like 1

Yeah I know all I just said was I haven't hear when they are coming out and I got a -1 for that G

• Like 2

Yeah I know all I just said was I haven't hear when they are coming out and I got a -1 for that G

Everyone is getting a - lol it does not seem to matter what you say! Watch me get a - for this post :S

• Like 3

Everyone is getting a - lol it does not seem to matter what you say! Watch me get a - for this post :S

How about a + from me @smilepunch@

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

KYLE RAYNER!!

DSCF1174.jpg

The Brave and The Bold

DSCF1178.jpg

Green Lanterns

DSCF1175.jpg

90s JLA

DSCF1176.jpg

On Oa

GLC.jpg

How in the world did you get Kile. I haven't hear that GL wave 1 is out?