Green Lantern Classics Wave 2

spidermanskrull

I alrady added Star Saphire to my list of wanting for my collection.

I am going to need a bigger Lantern shelf. These look awesome.

@loll@ No kidding. I just saw some new Marvel Universe figures for next year and I don't have room for the ones I saw. I have only enough room for 1 more. So it's going to be hard to figure from Myistque,Gladater and Cyclops.

Nice and the anchor in the wave really isn't an anchor. I like the idea of Star Shappire out of the runnings for DCUC, it makes the people who choose the waves work harder and to dig deeper to cover all bases. With the way this thing is going Mattel, if not already will cover probably the entire DC UNIVERSE....WOW

Only ones I do not care for are Nautkeiloi Medphyll They are heading in the right direction though with choices like ion ... I guess this is just there way of making the line last as long as they can... Really hoping Dex-Starr will have some articulation this time around ... Other wise we have already got the same damn thing from dcd @loll@

• Like 1

I'm not a huge DCUC fan but I'll say that Stel looks sweet.

I wonder if that mystery movie figure is Salaak?

Was thinking the same thing but at the same time he should have more arms ...

I expect lots of bitching about having to buy a movie figure to complete a comic-based build-a-figure.

Surprised at how obscure/plain weird Mattel is going with this line. Looks good overall, Ion in particular looks really cool. Would've rather seen Ch'p before B'dg, though.

From what we've seen, I like both Dex-starr figures(and I love that he's getting two figures within a year). The crazy kitty pose on the one that comes with Mera looks good, as long as it can stand up okay. Whereas this one is a more neutral, poseable kitty with blood-spewing accessory. Fun!

Is this definitely going to be the last wave? I know they mentioned two waves at SDCC, but was that set in stone?

Well, who knows how popular it'll be until they actually hit stores. I mean, if Power Girl and Riddler had trouble selling, I don't know if tree-head guy is going to be a hit.

Here's what they said at SDCC, for what it's worth:

IMG_8203.jpg

• Like 1

Well if this was just a two wave line then I got to say the character choices really suck balls... @loll@ Aside from a few the waves suck if true... The only reason the waves are decent as is... is if the line is meant to laster longer than 2 + waves & put a couple heavy hitters in each wave & some no name army builders other wise it should all be nothing but heavy hitters lol

holy #$##. have you guys seen those awesome figs? they will do more then just two waves, believe me. at first i was skeptic if mattel could do zombies for the black lantern figs like dc direct does them or if they will ever do monsters like the red lanterns. how could i doubt about that. it is mattel and not hasbro. mattel is awesome and the best guys for superhero figures. when is wave 1 coming? they said october. i need them. just love all the lanterns. since mattel started i am becoming a dc geek at best. i even buy a lot of dc comics now. my thanks go out to mattel and the 4 horsemen for these wonderfull figures

• Like 1

I'm not a huge DCUC fan but I'll say that Stel looks sweet.

I wonder if that mystery movie figure is Salaak?

Was thinking the same thing but at the same time he should have more arms ...

it's G'hu http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1809/glghu.jpg

Ahhh....way to be on top of things! Form what little I've seen of the aliens in the GL movie, I like how they LOOK like aliens and not some muscular humanoid body with a funny animal head (or the Star Trek "alien" which is usually a human with different forehead bumps). If you're going to have an intergalactic superpowered police force that includes all walks of life, you're going to see some wierd looking critters.

• Like 1

Looks great. I just wish they would have done more of the spectrum with this. How big is Stel suppose to be? I never got the impression that he was big enough to require a C&C.

I expect lots of bitching about having to buy a movie figure to complete a comic-based build-a-figure.

I'm kinda in that camp... but this will be far from the first time I have bought a figure I didn't really want to put together a BAF so oh well.

Is this definitely going to be the last wave? I know they mentioned two waves at SDCC, but was that set in stone?

I would guess that after this wave they will start the movie line so no time for more Green Lantern Classics... until the movie stuff is done with at least. Would be nice tho if they mixed in comic characters like Hasbro does for Marvel movie lines.

• Like 1

They all look pretty fantastic, but the problem to me is, I just don't care for most of them as characters. Especially the stupid made up waste of a spot RL and movie fig (id like the movie fig if it was not that!) @loll@ Star Shaphire is the only one I MUST own. Though I am sure I will get them all as I always do @loll@

Draven

Well if this was just a two wave line then I got to say the character choices really suck balls... @loll@ Aside from a few the waves suck if true... The only reason the waves are decent as is... is if the line is meant to laster longer than 2 + waves & put a couple heavy hitters in each wave & some no name army builders other wise it should all be nothing but heavy hitters lol

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it's weird that they would make skull-head Red Lantern instead of Atrocitus or tree-head Green Lantern before Salaak, Arisia, Soranik Natu, Ganthet, etc. unless they're holding back those figures for later waves. Or maybe they'll do those characters in the "main" DCUC line and they just wanted to get the more obscure characters out in this line.

If this line is replaced with the movie line, I'd prefer a hybrid movie/comic line like Iron Man 2 or Wolverine Origins, as long as there's no build-a-figure crossovers. I don't mind G'Hu, he's an interesting design(looks similar to El Verdugo from Resident Evil 4), but I don't want to have to buy the entire movie line to get Mogo. :P

• Like 1