New G.I.Joe: Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 3 Figure Images

The Wire

SS is a pathetic throw away, but he is for the kids. Shame we couldn't have got a Ninja force SS, or a good attempt at a JVC wave 1 ss.

I'm bored at work and thought I'd expand on this statement. If we have to get a new SS how about any of the following? (i went right on Yojoe for the first bunch)

An accurate V 2

V 3 (ninja Force)

V7 (JVc wave 1, where red was introduced! the special battles pack one was no where close)

V 9 (crimson, hey why not, kids love red, and it could be repainted to or from v3)

V 10 (mostly brown... but this time make it mostly black. It's dark and more realistic, plus could be a repaint to or from v7 )

a better v 11 (VVV/dragon) in modern form (this also had a black repaint down the line that could be used)

V 12 was an odd urban scheme, it might have fit better into the POC being grey and blue. It could be city strike SS and again borrow from parts etc. Not to mention some of those same parts i'm mentioning could be pulled from existing figures like the 25 th ss v1 Upper legs and the v 2 head could be used for most of these.

V. 16 has to be on the top of my list. Green with dry brushing, this would be a great jungle strike SS.

I can buy that the vietnam version might look too simliar to POC SPirit, but something simliar?

What about a more accurate DDP Stormshadow? Why did they go for so simliar but give him a bare shirt?

Or a DDP Reloaded stormshadow with soft goods white trench coat. Clearly the basis for the movie design. Why not just go for it?

They could have almost straight repacked the Resolute SS, maybe just paint the red white?

America's Elite had a slightly different take on the v2, wouldn't that have been a good option?

They could have even reached into the sigma six designs! Give us a cloth rotted knot (like in ninja force) for the side of the belt and it would look great. Go beyond the show accurate ones if neccessary. I can't recall any good ones, and yojoe doesn't have a very extensive sigma section.

SO all these versions wouldn't work, and they just had to do something knew... why this? Why not an unmasked non-movie head? How about an urban camo version? How about giving us a white stormy with black armor? I've seen several sigma customes based on this idea, and with a very sigma like torso you know customizers would eat it. Just base it of Sigma se, but black down the center and white on the sides. But why this??? that was my point. It makes little sense, and uses new tooling that could have been used elsewhere.

Duke too had better designs to draw from, heck they could have repainted the resolute duke into tan fatigues and we would have loved it, much less money spent and we would have been more happy.

I have another question : Which has a bigger cardback : The rise of cobra figures or the 25 th anniversary figures ?

I have another question : Which has a bigger cardback : The rise of cobra figures or the 25 th anniversary figures ?

Look, why don't you go to the store and buy one of each and learn the answer for yourself. Or just match a POC card to a ROC card--and you'll get your answer.

You ARE hijacking the thread with questions that do not pertain to the topic.

• Like 1

Look, why don't you go to the store and buy one of each and learn the answer for yourself. Or just match a POC card to a ROC card--and you'll get your answer.

You ARE hijacking the thread with questions that do not pertain to the topic.

and this isn't the only thread...back on topic:

at least the next wave after that will have some new figures

Low-Light, Skydive, “Jungle Assault” Shadow Tracker (and Destro)

Not sure what is up with the 4 figure waves though. Wonder what the case packs will be like

Im very shocked how much i like Duke and Shock Trooper after seeing the new loose shots!! I hope I find them and SE soon! I said I was not going to buy SS but he looks interesting now too.

Draven

With all the figures that COULD and SHOULD be made. JUST how many Dukes, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows do we need. Don't get me wrong I dig all three but HASBRO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us a break.

I have been collecting Joe's since "82 and had decided this would be the year I stop because of the size and space required. But I saw some of the POC figures and just couldn't help myself. But if every new wave is going to contain the same three characters maybe I should rethink things. Those three cant be in every battle all the time time. PLEASE give us some variety.

I'm really surprised how much I like that Duke. (Argh, if I buy it, then Hasbro would be encouraged to keep churning out more versions of Duke!) @firedevil@

I like the shock trooper. I would probably get two of those.

Snake Eyes is okay, but I already have my perfect commando and ninja versions of him.

If they did a black "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" repaint of Storm Shadow with a silver crest, then I would get him. I don't mind the funky sculpt, but I don't care for the colors.

PharmV