Stand Up For Yourself!

Tom-1

I wanted to make a "Lean On Me" or "Stand By Me" joke, but it just didn't work. XD

Anyhoo, I don't know if you guys have seen them yet, but Smalljoes.com recently released their own version of figure stands for the Modern Era figures. I can only speak for myself when I say 95-99% of my RAH figures are perched atop Smalljoes figure stands, so I knew it wouldn't be long before I saw their Modern Era version on my shelves.

I am something of a pro when it comes to figure stands - I bought the clear, circular Protech ones, the Marauder Gun-Runners interchangable stands and of course the various versions of the Hasbro edition. But they all sort of lack an element vital to the concept of 'display'. They're functional, but all designed in a peculiar or unappealing way. Circular stands waste space and are small, Marauder figures are not aesthetically pleasing by themselves, and the Hasbro stands... well, Hasbro, am I right?

I like the black Smalljoes stands for that very reason I stated above - the glassy finish of the black stands are a bit more display oriented than anything else available.

For anyone interested, they're just slightly bigger than the retail stands... but they also lack the raised/embossed 'GI JOE' or 'COBRA' logo that force figures to stand at a higher plane, causing a loss of balance, resulting in an awkward pose or lean, possibly tipping themselves over.

Take a look for yourselves!

stands1.jpg

stands2.jpg

stands3.jpg

stand4.jpg

Tom

Good looking out Tom!

I have a few hundred of the black RAH smalljoes stands that I display my figures on as well.

I'll probably be grabbing some of these new stands for my modern figures, cause the Joe/Cobra emblems on the Hasbro ones ARE a pain in the arse. The clear ones seem to look real nice with the modern figures, so that might be the direction I go.

BTW - The Alley Viper pic cracked me up. @lol@

EDIT - Looking at those pics again...are there more than two pegs on these stands?

I'll probably be grabbing some of these new stands for my modern figures, cause the Joe/Cobra emblems on the Hasbro ones ARE a pain in the arse. The clear ones seem to look real nice with the modern figures, so that might be the direction I go.

BTW - The Alley Viper pic cracked me up. @lol@

EDIT - Looking at those pics again...are there more than two pegs on these stands?

I like the clear ones too, DJ - I think they look great... but the black is so classic and meshes with my pre-existing stands... oh, the terrible burden of choices. v__v;;

You are correct about the pegs! There are four on each stand - I use them to accomodate figures with particularly large/heavy backpacks or weapons so I don't lose space on the shelf OOOR in the case of the clear ones, I can put them in an action pose and bury the stand in the snow, sand, dirt or water and no one's the wiser! ; )

Tom

Who's making the Alley Viper do the field sobriety test. lol

Seriously though, I may have to invest in some of these. They are seem much better than the ones that have/have not been coming with the retail figs

these look pretty good better than the retail ones but I don't have the cash oh well I'll buy em when I do alley viper needs to stop drinking must be embarassing to have the cobra MPs keep making him take the test note: my joke wasn't as good as majik's