Captain America Movie...

Nguyen_Dragon

So not going to watch this. Don't care about WWII Cap. We all know how that story ends. Cap ends up frozen. Once he's found later on, that's when I'll be interested.

good point but I'm a sucker for WW2 fiction so I'm kind of in a conflict with myself wether I'm going to see this film

Everyone also knew that the boat was gonna sink in the Titanic & folks swarmed to watch that movie.

I think it has potential. I still think it'll be a good action flick.

In no way can it be as crap-tacular as the 1990 movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone also knew that the boat was gonna sink in the Titanic & folks swarmed to watch that movie.

I think it has potential. I still think it'll be a good action flick.

In no way can it be as crap-tacular as the 1990 movie.

Hey man, watch it! I have you know, except for the cast, crew, script, director, budget, production company, and the fact that the whole film was shot on location in some third-world, Bruce Campbell wouldn't even work here, dump, it was entirely almost watchable. #US1#

Quote of the Day!

So not going to watch this. Don't care about WWII Cap. We all know how that story ends. Cap ends up frozen. Once he's found later on, that's when I'll be interested.

It's not the ending it's the journey (or the journey as envisioned by the writer and director.) Most of the movies in this genre are basically predictable, but it's not knowing what stays the same - but how they switch things up.

But, you also may not enjoy this era of the story. Which is also a good reason for skipping this movie. I'm a big Cap fan and also a fan of this era. It's a win origin story for me. (Unlike in a few years when we'll have to watch a certain nerdy teenager be bit by a radioactive spider AGAIN. Yeesh. That's a boring story.)

new images thanks to the wire. I hope they're not replacing the Nazis with Hydra soldiers that's about as dumb as how cobra was replaced in GIJOE rise of cobra with the MARS corperation. I'm hoping they'll be an organization backing the Nazis and not a replace for them

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=18904

new images thanks to the wire. I hope they're not replacing the Nazis with Hydra soldiers that's about as dumb as how cobra was replaced in GIJOE rise of cobra with the MARS corperation. I'm hoping they'll be an organization backing the Nazis and not a replace for them

http://enewsi.com/ne...hp?itemid=18904

to be honest i even doubt that we will see red skull as red skull. maybe at the end of the movie. marvel does these movies for the kiddos and nazis arent part in this world. i wouldn't be surprised if hydra takes over.

to be honest i even doubt that we will see red skull as red skull. maybe at the end of the movie. marvel does these movies for the kiddos and nazis arent part in this world. i wouldn't be surprised if hydra takes over.

well indiana jones was PG and had Nazis captain america should have them as well they are essential to the plot of the original comic and it should be the same with the movie

well indiana jones was PG and had Nazis captain america should have them as well they are essential to the plot of the original comic and it should be the same with the movie

I'm sure Raiders would be a pg-13 movie if it came out today.

I hope that they won't use the whole darth vader thing for Skull where he gets mutilated for life and becomes angry at the world like they did with Darth vader in revenge of the Sith and cobra commander in gijoe the rise of cobra though they probably are going to do that (sighs)

I'm really looking forward to this one. I mean, sure I've looked forward to all the Marvel "Avengers" movies, but I have a special place in my heart for these actiony period piece pictures. The Indiana Jones films, The Rocketeer, The Shadow, Sky Captain, even the Phantom. I love this stuff!

how cool would it be if there was some kind of reference to the Rocketeer in this film. After all Disney now owns Marvel. Maybe just his helmet in the background or the plans for the Rocket hanging out somewhere

In the Entertainment Weekly article, Hydra is described as "A Criminal Organization." It clearly has some sort of ties to the Nazis (The Red Skull is explicitly described as "Hitler's treacherous head of advanced weaponry" so the guy's definitely a Nazi, but is definitely affiliated with Hydra, too (he's shown wearing a Hydra uniform) and Hitler is supposedly in the movie...so no, they're not pitching the Nazis out entirely or rewriting all of World War II.

The Red Skull will indeed become the Red Skull in the film. This has been confirmed by multiple sources, and the director has talked a little bit about the make-up work done on Hugo Weaving for it (not in terms of details as for how it looks beyond "gruesome" etc...though) I suspect the "Two Face" makeup from The Dark Knight will be a big inspiration for the Skull. The Nazis have already been confirmed as having existed in the movie Marvel Universe (Tony Stark's dad is described as Howard "Nazi Killer" Stark in one of the films), so yes, they "are part of this world." Hydra will be the main nemesis in Captain America, it's true, but it remains to be seen what relationship they have with the Nazis...however it's clear that there's SOME kind of relationship, whether they're a Nazi "special ops group" or simply an already-existing organization working with the Nazis remains to be seen.

I hope that they won't use the whole darth vader thing for Skull where he gets mutilated for life and becomes angry at the world like they did with Darth vader in revenge of the Sith and cobra commander in gijoe the rise of cobra though they probably are going to do that (sighs)

The guy is a high-ranking Nazi before he becomes the Red Skull...I'm pretty sure that qualifies him as "evil" and "angry at the world" well before any disfigurements occur. Besides that, the Skull has been disfigured (a literal "Red Skull") for the better part of twenty years in the comics. It's not a "Darth Vader" scenario but rather a "Palpatine" scenario...the evil is already there...the disfigurement is just bringing it to the surface. The Red Skull's story/character is not a tragic one. Dude is about as pure evil as comic book characters get...as befits the arch-nemesis of the near-saintly (from a moral perspective) Steve Rogers.

how cool would it be if there was some kind of reference to the Rocketeer in this film. After all Disney now owns Marvel. Maybe just his helmet in the background or the plans for the Rocket hanging out somewhere

That'd be a fun easter egg. Given that the Rocketeer is a Disney production, it's entirely possible they could do something like that if they wanted to. Someone pointed out that the jacket that Captain America is wearing in a couple of the EW photos looked a lot like the Rocketeer's jacket (it's not, but there's some resemblance). About the only thing I could see preventing it would be a desire not to "mix universes" like that....though The Rocketeer is old enough that many people wouldn't get the reference anyway.

• Like 2

In the Entertainment Weekly article, Hydra is described as "A Criminal Organization." It clearly has some sort of ties to the Nazis (The Red Skull is explicitly described as "Hitler's treacherous head of advanced weaponry" so the guy's definitely a Nazi, but is definitely affiliated with Hydra, too (he's shown wearing a Hydra uniform) and Hitler is supposedly in the movie...so no, they're not pitching the Nazis out entirely or rewriting all of World War II.

The Red Skull will indeed become the Red Skull in the film. This has been confirmed by multiple sources, and the director has talked a little bit about the make-up work done on Hugo Weaving for it (not in terms of details as for how it looks beyond "gruesome" etc...though) I suspect the "Two Face" makeup from The Dark Knight will be a big inspiration for the Skull. The Nazis have already been confirmed as having existed in the movie Marvel Universe (Tony Stark's dad is described as Howard "Nazi Killer" Stark in one of the films), so yes, they "are part of this world." Hydra will be the main nemesis in Captain America, it's true, but it remains to be seen what relationship they have with the Nazis...however it's clear that there's SOME kind of relationship, whether they're a Nazi "special ops group" or simply an already-existing organization working with the Nazis remains to be seen.

The guy is a high-ranking Nazi before he becomes the Red Skull...I'm pretty sure that qualifies him as "evil" and "angry at the world" well before any disfigurements occur. Besides that, the Skull has been disfigured (a literal "Red Skull") for the better part of twenty years in the comics. It's not a "Darth Vader" scenario but rather a "Palpatine" scenario...the evil is already there...the disfigurement is just bringing it to the surface. The Red Skull's story/character is not a tragic one. Dude is about as pure evil as comic book characters get...as befits the arch-nemesis of the near-saintly (from a moral perspective) Steve Rogers.

That'd be a fun easter egg. Given that the Rocketeer is a Disney production, it's entirely possible they could do something like that if they wanted to. Someone pointed out that the jacket that Captain America is wearing in a couple of the EW photos looked a lot like the Rocketeer's jacket (it's not, but there's some resemblance). About the only thing I could see preventing it would be a desire not to "mix universes" like that....though The Rocketeer is old enough that many people wouldn't get the reference anyway.

thanks for the headsup. i hope that it turns out as you say. i will see it anyway. if it is bad or not. looking at the pictures, it reminds me of the league of extraordinary gentlemen. dont know why. thanks again and lets hope for it.

thanks for the headsup. i hope that it turns out as you say. i will see it anyway. if it is bad or not. looking at the pictures, it reminds me of the league of extraordinary gentlemen. dont know why. thanks again and lets hope for it.

I dunno either. I tend to think more "Indiana Jones" from a lot of it, but we'll see.

[

good point but I meant I am sick of villains being disfigured in movies also not all nazis were evil about 68% of the waffen SS and approximately 73% of the wehrmacht were unaware of the death camps until the end of the war when they were on trial. it was the allgemeine SS and the SS-Totenkopfverbände

who were responsible for the running of the Deathcamps while they had the Einsatzgruppen groups go out and find Jews in other areas and kill them wherever they were hiding usually eecuting jews via headshot then in 1941 Heinrich Himmler found the Einsatzgruppen were feeling demoralized from shooting the jews and decided to have a more humane way to execute the jews and had Gas Vans made to execute jews without using ammunitions or putting strain on the death squads. the Wehrmacht and most of the army were more guilty of executing POWs for no reason and murdering civillians either by accident or on purpose they killed several thousand russian families on purpose when hitler commenced operation Barbarossa

good point but I meant I am sick of villains being disfigured in movies also not all nazis were evil about 68% of the waffen SS and approximately 73% of the wehrmacht were unaware of the death camps until the end of the war when they were on trial. it was the allgemeine SS and the SS-Totenkopfverbände

who were responsible for the running of the Deathcamps while they had the Einsatzgruppen groups go out and find Jews in other areas and kill them wherever they were hiding usually eecuting jews via headshot then in 1941 Heinrich Himmler found the Einsatzgruppen were feeling demoralized from shooting the jews and decided to have a more humane way to execute the jews and had Gas Vans made to execute jews without using ammunitions or putting strain on the death squads. the Wehrmacht and most of the army were more guilty of executing POWs for no reason and murdering civillians either by accident or on purpose they killed several thousand russian families on purpose when hitler commenced operation Barbarossa

Wow.

Uh.

Wow.

Seriously dude. Did I read that wrong, or did you just try to defend the morality of the Nazis?

Over a comic book character who actually IS disfigured, and was trained from the ground-up by Hitler to be the "Ultimate Nazi" and became so evil and depraved that Hitler himself was afraid of him. Note the use of the words "High ranking" before that "Nazi" bit...he was in the inner circle, and knew where all the bodies were buried (so to speak), and (at least in the comics) gleefully took part in Nazi atrocities. The Red Skull is literally so evil that he decided that Nazism wasn't evil and hateful enough to suit his purposes. Either way, the disfigurement of the Red Skull is not a driving force for his villainy. If anything it's a bonus for him, as it helps him inspire terror, and makes him well-suited for disguises (which he frequently uses in the comics).

• Like 1

Wow.

Uh.

Wow.

Seriously dude. Did I read that wrong, or did you just try to defend the morality of the Nazis?

Over a comic book character who actually IS disfigured, and was trained from the ground-up by Hitler to be the "Ultimate Nazi" and became so evil and depraved that Hitler himself was afraid of him. Note the use of the words "High ranking" before that "Nazi" bit...he was in the inner circle, and knew where all the bodies were buried (so to speak), and (at least in the comics) gleefully took part in Nazi atrocities. The Red Skull is literally so evil that he decided that Nazism wasn't evil and hateful enough to suit his purposes. Either way, the disfigurement of the Red Skull is not a driving force for his villainy. If anything it's a bonus for him, as it helps him inspire terror, and makes him well-suited for disguises (which he frequently uses in the comics).

I guess I did, wasn't my intention I was just stating not all of the german army were like Hitler and the SS I mean Stahlin and his high ranking soviets didn't believe in God that doesn't mean every russian soldier on the front was an Atheist. also I do respect the Nazis for the fact they are still to this day the ultimate evil honestly you will never find a group of villainy as great as the Nazis Bin Laden, Kim Jong Il,Stahlin, sadam Hussein are all kittens compared to Hitler

• 6 months later...

Tell me, do you guys think this movie will conclude with Cap sacrificing himself? Or will it end on him being found by SHIELD?? I think the regular film will end on the sacrifice and fall out, and the extra snippet at the end will show him found alive by SHIELD!! Agree or disagree??