Superman/Batman Apocalypse

Superpowers1980

Ok, I am very late on this one, at least its still early though.

So far it's like the comic...boring, let's see how the second half picks up.

UPDATE**

Oh man, the voice of Darkseid is altogether terrible, I mean utter trash....who made this choice was on drugs, he sounds like he is reading the script and trying VERY hard but acomplishing nothing.

Ok, the movie picked up steam and was the most accurate translation from the comics with few twists, they had some but they were minor.

Overall, it shows just how badass Darkseid is and that is all that matters in the end.........Damn I was hooping and all during the final battle my only problem aside from Darkseid's voice was *Spoiler* how much Supergirl held her own against Darkseid.

Wonder Woman and UTRH are still the overall best but DC movies are simply the best out there, they are all evenly good. Man I love DC, DC RULES FOREVER!!!

Cool I had no idea about this movie at all smile.gif I love these movies I wish dc & marvel would make more smile.gif The wonder woman has got to be my fave so far smile.gif

It is a good movie, it isn't great but it has some seriously good action. DC is churning these movies out, I think to like 3 a year and if you include the bonus mini movies it is a lot. So far we have how many this year, I forget them all but we have Crisis on Two Earths, Under the Red Hood, Superman/Batman Apoco and next month we are getting a collection of mini movies with a bonus extra one Superman & Captain Marvel vs. Black Adam...so DC is really pushing them. Marvel gets more live action movies done, DC does more with animation.

I have the blu-ray on pre-order from Amazon.com. But it isn't due out until the 28th of the month.

Yeah darkseids voice is a joke! I don't know if its the actor or what but ... Its like there is no emotion to the character the guy is just reading the script ... Enjoying the rest of the movie though really action is good!

Yeah darkseids voice is a joke! I don't know if its the actor or what but ... Its like there is no emotion to the character the guy is just reading the script ... Enjoying the rest of the movie though really action is good!

I've watched it 6 times already, I am really enjoying it more than the first time I watched it. The actor who did Darkseid was the worst, I know him, he always plays a jerk. I figured he would of been able to do a good job instead he hacke it all the way through.

Also where is Pooda to tell me how late I am on getting this....LOL

I've watched it 6 times already, I am really enjoying it more than the first time I watched it. The actor who did Darkseid was the worst, I know him, he always plays a jerk. I figured he would of been able to do a good job instead he hacke it all the way through.

Also where is Pooda to tell me how late I am on getting this....LOL

you actually beat me to this one.(lol)

Another swing, another home-run.

Just about everything about this movie blew me away!

As much as I got to hate JLU during that god-awful last season, I never realized how much I missed Susan Eisenberg's Wonder Woman.

While we're on the subject of Justice League, it did not escape my attention that we finally got the Superman / Darkseid beatdown that Timm cheated us out of for so long (and Kara got a nice big piece of him too!).

Harbinger! Loved the character since I first read a fresh new Maxi-Series called Crisis on the Infinite Earths. To finally see her in animation kicked booty. That, and we came this close to getting an actual Crisis reference in a mainstream movie.

I laughed out loud during the "mallin'" montage, especially the bit with Clark staring down the guys checking out Kara. Classic!

Even the Green Arrow short rocked! After Superfriends' white-bread generic archer and Justice League's ultra-lefty super dousche, we finally get a non-obnoxious Ollie. Smallville must've finally rubbed off on these guys. 893USA1-thumb.gif

There wasn't much wrong with this one. Although, I do agree Braugher's delivery was way flat. He's an okay actor I guess, he was just the wrong choice for Darkseid. I also felt a little cheated without the super-hero mosh at the end, but I chalk that up to character rights issues.

Still, in a series of stellar animated movies, this one earns its place at the top of the list.

Aside from Timm, we have always been cheated out of a fight for these two. When they fight, Superman is usually shown as stronger and Darkseid at his mercy. I love the idea that Darkseid is equally strong, if not stronger than Superman. Darkseid beat them both down and I loved it, though Supergirl got wayyyy to many licks in for my taste.

Darkseid beat them both down and I loved it.

What fight were you watching? Superman beat the snot out of Darkseid, then Kara beat the snot out of Darkseid, then Superman beat the snot out of Darkseid . . . and ran 'im outta town!

This movie totally makes up for the crap ending of JLU's "Destroyer" fight. And best of all, no Luthor.

Dude they were all beat up, Darkseid took everything Superman had and was giving it to Superman before he was distracted by the boom tube and then they knocked him through it. Watch it again, Darkseid took everything they both had, while he knocked each out for a time.

What fight were you watching? Superman beat the snot out of Darkseid, then Kara beat the snot out of Darkseid, then Superman beat the snot out of Darkseid . . . and ran 'im outta town!

This movie totally makes up for the crap ending of JLU's "Destroyer" fight. And best of all, no Luthor.

Dude they were all beat up, Darkseid took everything Superman had and was giving it to Superman before he was distracted by the boom tube and then they knocked him through it. Watch it again, Darkseid took everything they both had, while he knocked each out for a time.

Watched it twice already. Darkseid was the one who ended up frozen, floating through space, his butt officially kicked. He loses, they when.

Dude, Darkseid knocked them both out in the fight, mind you he took on both Superman and Supergirl. All three were left scruffed up in the end but Darkseid took on Superman throwing a barrage of punches and heat vision at super-speed in a whirlwind and still managed to grab Superman's throat and was blasting him with the Omega Effect which actually was burning Superman's face. How many people you know can knock Superman out, and burn his skin? Then Supergirl opened a portal and Supes knocked him through it.......They didn't beat Darkseid into a physical submission, they used the portal to defeat him......that makes for a stark difference.

Watched it twice already. Darkseid was the one who ended up frozen, floating through space, his butt officially kicked. He loses, they when.

Dude, Darkseid knocked them both out in the fight, mind you he took on both Superman and Supergirl. All three were left scruffed up in the end but Darkseid took on Superman throwing a barrage of punches and heat vision at super-speed in a whirlwind and still managed to grab Superman's throat and was blasting him with the Omega Effect which actually was burning Superman's face. How many people you know can knock Superman out, and burn his skin? Then Supergirl opened a portal and Supes knocked him through it.......They didn't beat Darkseid into a physical submission, they used the portal to defeat him......that makes for a stark difference.

I'm sorry, I get your a Darkseid fan, but I gotta call it the way I see it.

Darkseid was beaten, humiliated, and thrown away. Oh, and Batman made him look like a jerk in his own house to boot.

Yeah but I am also a Superman fan. Dakseid took everything they both had, they didn't beat him into submission, he was about to knock Superman out again before the tube opened and distracted him and he was knocked through the portal.....Darkseid took on Superman and Supergirl....come on, how many people can stand up to Superman alone???

I enjoyed this movie very much, actually more than I expected because so many people complained about its connection with the comic series and other things. Anyway I love the voice cast especially the return of the big three; Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly and Susan Eisenberg. Andre Braugher did a good job as Darkseid but then again everything I have seen him in has been good. Summer Glau did a great job voicing Supergirl and will be voicing her in the DC Universe Online game. Apocalypse was action packed, a pretty good story, great characters both evil and good. I know there are those who trashed this movie or write it off as a waist but I for one am thankful that DC is even making these animated features with the the Superheroes I grew up with. I loved it so much I am watching it a third time and will probably watch it two more this weekend. It may not be as good as I think it is and maybe I just like it because I have been a fan of the big three (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) ever since I was a boy, either way this movie is better than BayFormers, any of the new animated crap that is out on Cartoon Network and based on everything else we are given animation wise these days. Therefore I give this movie a 9 out of 10

Finally go taround to watching it, and overall I enjoyed it. The only thing I would have changed would be the casting of Andre Braugher as Darkseid. His voice didn't match up with Darkseid in my head.

His voice was terrible. I think its ironic because he plays a perfect jackass in every movie I have seen him in and he seems to be able to play a meancing part and has a great voice but it certainly didn't match up with Darkseid whatsoever.

No one really mentioned that this was taken from the second story arc from the Superman/Batman comic from like 2004 I think. The art was done by Micheal Turner and was awesome. The first arc was Public Enemies....which was equally good. I thought it was great.....the action was unreal.