MP Rodimus...

Nguyen_Dragon

Only feet are diecast?... For 200 plus... I wait for Hasbro even without the trailer...

I probably should have waited for the Hasbro, i don't plan on transforming him anyways. The reviews said it was too hard to do plus you run the risk of breaking him. Hot Rod was one of my favorites growing up other than Prime, i couldn't wait.

All modes of Hot Rod and Rodimus are superbly beautiful! The trailer is also fantastic. Unfortunately, the use of plastic, paint, and especially the engineering of the connection are a disappointment which end up killing this toy. The design is totally magnificent but how can a simple movement break off the leg tabs and car tabs? Also, why should the spoiler be smudged just by plugging into the trailer? I still haven't touch his transformation, now he's just stand as Hot Rod. I thought Megatron MP piece popping out was a little hassle but at least you can pop it back in. But in Rodimus case, once it breaks, it breaks.

For some reason I assumed MP Roddy would be more like MP Grimlock as far as simplicity in transformation functions however the more I read the more I am convinced about that sensitivity of this figure. I am beginning to fear the day I confront this bad boy. With Megs I accidentally snapped the hooks on the hip areas while transforming him from gun to robot mode. I hope rodimus doesn't follow this unfortunate path. Here's to waiting 2 more days & taming this transformable rubiks cube.

I just got him YAY! He looks great guys, but like the others said its not perfect. Some things could have been done easier, i haven't transformed him and never will. Not enough die cast for me, also I can't even get him to hold the gun in his hand. They could have made his hands better.

Too expensive if you ask me. I probably should have waited for the Hasbro version but Hot Rod was my favorite character other than Prime, I also always got the Takara version from Prime, Megatron, to even Grimlock. Might as well start the trend. I don't ever plan on buying any more MPs unless they release Galvatron and then i'm completely done!

I just got him YAY! He looks great guys, but like the others said its not perfect. Some things could have been done easier, i haven't transformed him and never will. Not enough die cast for me, also I can't even get him to hold the gun in his hand. They could have made his hands better.

Too expensive if you ask me. I probably should have waited for the Hasbro version but Hot Rod was my favorite character other than Prime, I also always got the Takara version from Prime, Megatron, to even Grimlock. Might as well start the trend. I don't ever plan on buying any more MPs unless they release Galvatron and then i'm completely done!

I am guessing Galvatron will be next... Unless they do a black Rodimus repaint...

I am guessing Galvatron will be next... Unless they do a black Rodimus repaint...

I don't care about repaints, they don't count as "Next MPs" to me.

I think we have a perception problem. When I pay two-hundred dollars for something - it's no longer a toy. This thing is a work of engineering art and needs to be handled as such. You wouldn't play catch with a delicate, hand-made, Black Forest Cuckoo clock; neither should you treat any of these MPs as though they were an 11.99 deluxe. Even Grimlock, arguably the "simplest" and sturdiest of MPs is not really suitable to hand over to a 10 year old to go and stomp around crushing things.

Heck, if you have a USS Flagg you probably don't sit on it or try and pick it up and run around the house with it or float it in your pool. Outside of it being huge, it's way too fragile. Treat Rodimus like you would something like that and you should be fine.

Now, this doesn't necessarily forgive some of the tolerance issues (that lead to scuffed wings for instance), but on the whole a soft touch should keep you covered. For those lamenting die-cast you really need to leap ahead. In this day and age, the only thing die-cast does is unnecessarily stress the plastic to which it's attached. Unless every joint is metal it's virtually guaranteed you will stress the plastic around the die-cast. It worked for G1 b/c the toys were 75% metal with plastic bits screwed to it - they haven't made a toy like that in a long time. Secondly, as tall as Hot Rod is, die-cast feet are all I want. Just look at MP Prime with his heavy chest: this puts his center of gravity very high and increases the risk of toppling over.

I love my MP Rodimus and he will only be tfd once or twice for posterity and then it's on to display. And when I'm ready to tf him, it will be when I can sit down under good lighting with the instructions and I'll take my time! :)

I got him yesterday and before he arrived I watched Peaughs review of the figure. I decided that I would "transform" him from Hot Rod to Rodimus and leave him in that mode. I don't want to risk breakage, as I've read is very common with this figure. I will say that I'm very disappointed in him. There is virtually no difference in Hot Rod and Rodimus, except the face. They should have made the wingspan more noticable between the two. Also, I can't get my backpack to stay attached to the figure at all, which means the wings in either mode are not standing straight up, they are angled back. (A minor flaw, but one that bugs me.) Also I can't get him to hold either gun or the combined gun without ten to fifteen minutes of messing with it. His hands are designed very poorly, as they don't form true fists, and don't wrap around the gun(s) to secure them. I agree with Dake, that as an owner, Im not gonna treat the toy as I would a Deluxe, however, from all I've read online, I'm afraid to mess with him for fear of seriously damaging the figure.

To me, for a toy that cost 200 bucks, its not very stable and seems to be weirdly engineered. It shouldn't be so frustrating to get a figure to hold a gun that comes with said figure. And connecting the vehicle to the trailor shouldn't scrape the paint on the spoilers. Peaugh recommended sanding the trailor, but why should we have to do that? I bought a toy, not a model kit. The transformation looks super complex, but I won't comment on it b/c I'm not transforming it.

Has Hasbro confirmed that they are bringing Rod over as a Targetmaster? If so, I would save your money and get the Hasbro version. Maybe they'll make the Targetmaster actually fit into his weirdly desined hands.

All this talk about an expensive items having trouble reminds me of the IG-007 Computer Control Center.Same thing it was a big ticketed item and it came not perfect

The stickers fall off it and its not easy to put together without it falling apart.Plus I had to tape it together to keep it from falling apart

I got him yesterday and before he arrived I watched Peaughs review of the figure. I decided that I would "transform" him from Hot Rod to Rodimus and leave him in that mode. I don't want to risk breakage, as I've read is very common with this figure. I will say that I'm very disappointed in him. There is virtually no difference in Hot Rod and Rodimus, except the face. They should have made the wingspan more noticable between the two. Also, I can't get my backpack to stay attached to the figure at all, which means the wings in either mode are not standing straight up, they are angled back. (A minor flaw, but one that bugs me.) Also I can't get him to hold either gun or the combined gun without ten to fifteen minutes of messing with it. His hands are designed very poorly, as they don't form true fists, and don't wrap around the gun(s) to secure them. I agree with Dake, that as an owner, Im not gonna treat the toy as I would a Deluxe, however, from all I've read online, I'm afraid to mess with him for fear of seriously damaging the figure.

To me, for a toy that cost 200 bucks, its not very stable and seems to be weirdly engineered. It shouldn't be so frustrating to get a figure to hold a gun that comes with said figure. And connecting the vehicle to the trailor shouldn't scrape the paint on the spoilers. Peaugh recommended sanding the trailor, but why should we have to do that? I bought a toy, not a model kit. The transformation looks super complex, but I won't comment on it b/c I'm not transforming it.

Has Hasbro confirmed that they are bringing Rod over as a Targetmaster? If so, I would save your money and get the Hasbro version. Maybe they'll make the Targetmaster actually fit into his weirdly desined hands.

Actually the Hot Rod and Rodimus were done accurately for this toy. The Toon version of him was the same too. They did give the option for Rodimus to be taller, the shoulders to be shifted up as well as the wing. But virtually everything was the same but so was the toon version so it was accurate.

• 2 months later...

I think we have a perception problem. When I pay two-hundred dollars for something - it's no longer a toy. This thing is a work of engineering art and needs to be handled as such. You wouldn't play catch with a delicate, hand-made, Black Forest Cuckoo clock; neither should you treat any of these MPs as though they were an 11.99 deluxe. Even Grimlock, arguably the "simplest" and sturdiest of MPs is not really suitable to hand over to a 10 year old to go and stomp around crushing things.

Heck, if you have a USS Flagg you probably don't sit on it or try and pick it up and run around the house with it or float it in your pool. Outside of it being huge, it's way too fragile. Treat Rodimus like you would something like that and you should be fine.

Now, this doesn't necessarily forgive some of the tolerance issues (that lead to scuffed wings for instance), but on the whole a soft touch should keep you covered. For those lamenting die-cast you really need to leap ahead. In this day and age, the only thing die-cast does is unnecessarily stress the plastic to which it's attached. Unless every joint is metal it's virtually guaranteed you will stress the plastic around the die-cast. It worked for G1 b/c the toys were 75% metal with plastic bits screwed to it - they haven't made a toy like that in a long time. Secondly, as tall as Hot Rod is, die-cast feet are all I want. Just look at MP Prime with his heavy chest: this puts his center of gravity very high and increases the risk of toppling over.

I love my MP Rodimus and he will only be tfd once or twice for posterity and then it's on to display. And when I'm ready to tf him, it will be when I can sit down under good lighting with the instructions and I'll take my time! :)

IF i were to pay $200 f***in bucks for a TRANSFORMERS mp i should be able to TRANSFORM it without ANY worries!!!!!!!!! i wouldnt pay that much for a MP "toy" and yes its a TOY...... if i paid $200 for a clock, i would wanna know what time it is everytime, and would NEVER try and transform it LOL.

ill wait for hasbro!

i have hasbros Grimlock and transformed him numorous times at $75 TRU cost and feel i spent too much. LOVE my hasbor color accurate SS, and transformed him NUMOROUS times over........... at $50 when takara couldnt see the bad coloring. but at $200!?!?!?! keep your clock! ill buy my TOYS that TRANSFORM without worries. cmon hasbro LOL i have an empty spot!

*disclaimer*

i read this and had to quote, not arguing or agreeing with any replies giving after this quote.

$200 for a transformer i couldnt or feel uncomfortable transforming???? HELL NO!

I have transformed Rodimus Convoy over twenty times & he is still intact with absolutely no issues, just the best MP figure to be released to date, well worth the $217.00 via BBTS, (Thanks Joel). When I was in high school my brother bought me an original Optimus Prime (Convoy) with the bloated gun & fists for $80 & that was insane at that time. (pricewise & on this find back in 99 this was in my mind a rare find) We probably have all paid an extreme price for a generation 1 figures (pre re-release era) & these figures were far from perfect. We pay the price for what ever we perceive as perfect. I'm just glad the generation 1 series lives. I remember that horrible feeling of excepting that my favorite series was canceled, i was crushed, then it came back with generation 2. Long live this awesome line that has spawned so much over the years.

• Like 1